83 replies to this topic

#21 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostTiewolf, on 22 November 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

So I tried it. I am not the worst pug there is but getting 250 match score on IS side is very challenging. Only 1 out of 4 invasion drops I got over 250 ms. Most of my team didn't made it in all 4 games. Only 1or2 teammates got the 250 score. We even dropped with some 228th that didn't manage to get the 250 either. Do I have to wait till all the good clan player sleep till we get a fair chance to finish this event?

1. Play Scout mode only.

2. Do not actually try to scout.

3. Bring a splatter damage mech. You want lots of damage. You don't really care much about kills.

4. Streaks are fan-freakin-tastic for this event unless you are Clan fighting Bushwackers who didn't get the memo about the event. They just chop your legs out and nobody gets to 250 because you die to easily.

5. The goal is not winning. The goal is 400 or so damage. Just spit missiles at people.

6. If you try to win rather than farm damage, you will fail to qualify for the event. Perhaps next time, PGI will make the event about winning matches or collecting data or something that isn't damage farming.

#22 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

250 on scouting is a zero sum game, even the best of matches probably only 2 guys can get it and since its always a stomp, itll be a pretty fierce slough. on the other hand, 250 on invasion is so easy most likely people will just go afk after 5-10 minutes to have a cheeseburger or something

#23 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

its not supposed to be easy.

its the big reward for people who are dedicated enough to get it. if you are having difficulty getting it, then i recommend that you find a group on ts of experienced fw players, i recommend a unit that needs an extra head for a 12 man, and asking to drop alongside them. playing with them will not only ensure a more enjoyable fw experience with higher match scores and more wins, it will also help you to find the aspects of your playstyle that are hindering you from reaching 250 match score. most units are friendly groups, go give them a chance.

#24 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

View Postnaterist, on 22 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

its not supposed to be easy.

its the big reward for people who are dedicated enough to get it. if you are having difficulty getting it, then i recommend that you find a group on ts of experienced fw players, i recommend a unit that needs an extra head for a 12 man, and asking to drop alongside them. playing with them will not only ensure a more enjoyable fw experience with higher match scores and more wins, it will also help you to find the aspects of your playstyle that are hindering you from reaching 250 match score. most units are friendly groups, go give them a chance.

its not a big reward, its not hard to get, its just not fun especially because fw is just fundamentally broken in its design and the entire games of people just rushing in through their 4 drops to get out with 250 is crazy and the designer is naive if they didnt think that would happen. the whole schtick about groups and blah blah is just nonsense

#25 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostThe Mysterious Fox, on 22 November 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

its not a big reward, its not hard to get, its just not fun especially because fw is just fundamentally broken in its design and the entire games of people just rushing in through their 4 drops to get out with 250 is crazy and the designer is naive if they didnt think that would happen. the whole schtick about groups and blah blah is just nonsense

if you think that, then try going innersphere and dropping with rsor and/or g-nx on the frrhub. well show you how its done.

#26 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

250 is a bit high for scouting but for every other game mode that's basically just pulling your weight in a match and pressing R for any targeting based match score bonuses.

#27 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

View Postnaterist, on 22 November 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

if you think that, then try going innersphere and dropping with rsor and/or g-nx on the frrhub. well show you how its done.

thats just silly, its a toxic combination of stockholm syndrome, complacency and role playing placebo and probably booze in the middle somewhere. the mode is horrendously out of whack and all the threads and numbers show it, it needs alot of work that it probably doesnt deserve to get it back in line in the name of fun and that battered wife syndrome of these drops just sweep things under the carpet to be ignored.

qp skirmish is the lone foundation stone that holds this game up 6 years and counting

#28 Alkabides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

I figured 250 match score would be tough in scouting but not so much in invasion. Wrong, it's hard as hell! I'm going to change some load outs to see if ams ect helps. I pulled 2 kills, 1 solo, 311 damage in an urbanmech on scouting... that's pretty damn good performance for me at this point and I only scored 188. I don't know what's going on in invasion, maybe most of the clanners have jobs and haven't hopped on but man it's bloodbath right now and waaay tougher to hit that score than I initially expected.

#29 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

I'm doing it in solo scouting. Didn't work as well in 2mans premades as you just end up fighting your teammates for the score. Best to take pug lotto and some extra losses but less overall games and time spent on it.

Also wtf are pugs doing there if not for the event? I've seen way too many teams running for intel and not trying for any match score at all. y tho?

#30 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostAlkabides, on 22 November 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

I figured 250 match score would be tough in scouting but not so much in invasion. Wrong, it's hard as hell! I'm going to change some load outs to see if ams ect helps. I pulled 2 kills, 1 solo, 311 damage in an urbanmech on scouting... that's pretty damn good performance for me at this point and I only scored 188. I don't know what's going on in invasion, maybe most of the clanners have jobs and haven't hopped on but man it's bloodbath right now and waaay tougher to hit that score than I initially expected.

you need to be hitting upper 400 damage and winning the match to resolve that kind of matchscore, its doable 2/3 solo drops for me in my hbk2 but that assumes people dont split up for 'objectives'

#31 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostTrissila, on 22 November 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

Just play Scouting with a splatwacker or griffin. Easy 250 MS.

to get 250 match score in scouting you would need a decent damage output and win.

I believe the last night I got that high i had 400+ damage and the win. Most scouting matches players score in the 150-300 damage range.

#32 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostXavori, on 22 November 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

4. Streaks are fan-freakin-tastic for this event unless you are Clan fighting Bushwackers who didn't get the memo about the event. They just chop your legs out and nobody gets to 250 because you die to easily.

This is sadly true, I would normally be those fast leg focus and next game but yeah no 250ms in that way.... So leg 'em, strip their hands off, shoot one sidetorso off, chew most of the ct and good leg armor and then release the tormented one... easy 250ms :)

Same with CT focus, just not enough damage to get that matchscore.

#33 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostCurccu, on 22 November 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

This is sadly true, I would normally be those fast leg focus and next game but yeah no 250ms in that way.... So leg 'em, strip their hands off, shoot one sidetorso off, chew most of the ct and good leg armor and then release the tormented one... easy 250ms Posted Image

Same with CT focus, just not enough damage to get that matchscore.

Ya. It's completely screwball that if you play how you should be playing (ie. sneaking and getting intel) it produces the worst possible results. The second worst is like you described where you are going for kills.

I always feel bad for my poor Pahket when these things go on. I have to strip out the regular SRM's I use for streaks because I just can't help myself with blowing people's legs off otherwise :P

#34 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostCurccu, on 22 November 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

Well so far I have managed to get 150 matchscore ONCE without getting 250 (7x 150, 6x 250), in scouting.

1,5h of gaming so far.

From experience only 1 to 2 guys from each team gets this match score in scouting. So you more or less have to be the carry to achieve this quickly via scouting. But if you're dropping with a team, likely you'll have to alternate turns to carry to get everyone the required games.
My Lance has been trying to do some rough estimates in game to try to get 2 pilots qualify per drop. But after 2 hrs of play last night 1 of us got 12,ankther 6 and the other 2 none yet. We'll prob rotate carry duties after a pilot achieves it

#35 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

Also, be really careful with ur friendly dmg in scouting. Those impact your scores really significantly

#36 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

Done over 250 in a couple of scout match, done some in invasion bot got less than 250 for some with win, over 1000 damage and 5 kills

#37 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostTiewolf, on 22 November 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

So I tried it. I am not the worst pug there is but getting 250 match score on IS side is very challenging. Only 1 out of 4 invasion drops I got over 250 ms. Most of my team didn't made it in all 4 games. Only 1or2 teammates got the 250 score. We even dropped with some 228th that didn't manage to get the 250 either. Do I have to wait till all the good clan player sleep till we get a fair chance to finish this event?

No it is not, come play with us if you need help.

#38 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,881 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

View PostDrSaphron, on 22 November 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

The more mechs you have, unused, at the end of a match will drastically improve your match score.

its kind of a slippery slope. i hate to give this advice because it will give the potatoes an excuse to play very cowardly in an effort to preserve their mechs. of course if you are doing that you are also not going to get the point. they need to fight but they need to do it in a way that doesn't put them at unnecessary risk, and not with them bringing a bunch of lerm boats and cost the team a victory. i usually just go with the usual dont reinforce advice, that usually gets them to group up and not leeroy.

to be fair i did get a lot of great games the other day because people played well. so i dont think it will be an issue.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 November 2017 - 05:39 PM.

#39 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

I'm also pugging on the IS side. The 250 match score is easy.

#40 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

Yeah scouting and streaks might be easiest for many. Previously my Griffin 2N had LFE300, 2xSRM6 2xSRM 4 with 3 tons of ammo and few extra heatsinks, nothing on arms and 4 JJs. Never really used IS streaks much other than one try with Archer 5W(9xstreak2 before newtech)

Switched into 4x streak 6 and XL300, mostly the same.

Very easy to deal a lot of damage. Buchwacker or Hunstman with 6xstreak4 would probably be the easiest of easymodes.

Oh, I tried few times to do the scouting but for me, without going full streaks, getting 250 MS is a lot easier and convinient in just playing invasions normally. Typically I get 250-350 damage on scouting, which won't be enough for 250 MS limit.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 22 November 2017 - 08:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users