250 Match Score?

83 replies to this topic

#41 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Just saying....they're switching to fast mechs and skirmishing tactics at range. You're not going to catch an ice ferret in a bushwhacker.

#42 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

i found it challenging to complete the 15 games in 4v4.

I think the issue for 48v48 has more to do with PGI dividing you matchscore by # of mechs consumed. (back in late 2015 and nobody knows why)

#43 Shadow-dancer

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

I'm having my usual run of bad matches. 9 solid hours of constant invasion matches and I have 4x250 scores Posted Image
I very much doubt I'll make it.

#44 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

View PostHumpday, on 22 November 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

Just saying....they're switching to fast mechs and skirmishing tactics at range. You're not going to catch an ice ferret in a bushwhacker.

Which is exactly wrong for getting a 250 match score (but fantastic if you actually want to win).

I said it before, if you are doing scouting and going for 250 match score, it's all about damage. Winning doesn't matter at all.

https://steamuserima...FC5AAAE6715CB7/

Two of us got well over 250 match score because we just puked out damage. I have tons and tons of matches like this (I'm actually trying to break 1k damage in a scouting match). Getting 250 match score is easy...as long as you don't try to scout.

(this shot isn't quite 250 match score, but it's close enough...and I got tired of trying to lose and get 250 match score *smirk*)

https://steamuserima...A4A4AD418438C1/

My guess is you need to be around 475 or so damage to get 250 match score. You'll note in that shot I didn't get a kill. I only got the 1 assist. We got pretty much stomped. But I was really close to 250 match score, even in a loss, through nothing more than damage.

So quit trying to scout. Quit trying to get kills. Just build a splat mech and get your free mech :D

#45 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

View PostTiewolf, on 22 November 2017 - 04:16 AM, said:

Aye I don't blame the tech in the first place. You are right I shouldn't have wrote anything about IS side. For clan pugs 250 match score is hard too sometimes. 250 match point in FW is a win 15 matches challenge. In QP this would be no problem but in FW 250 is very luck dependend.

Yep. Did three runs tonight as Clan, only one was at 250 match score.

#46 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

View PostHumpday, on 22 November 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

True. And if you bring something that can reach an ice bucket it gets brawled down by it. Who would have thought that the ice bucket would be op one day...

#47 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

View Postnaterist, on 22 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

its not supposed to be easy.

I don't think so. My guess is, considering the designs of the previous events, that the event team does not know the game well enough. Otherwise they would know that 250 is a win 15 matches goal and heavily depending on your team and not your own performance.

#48 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:57 AM

View PostKing Alen, on 22 November 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

No it is not, come play with us if you need help.

Thx for the offer! I might come back to it.

#49 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:09 AM

All you have to do is 500DMG per mech. Not that hard. Considering that asists, protected mech balbla bla also give match score it goes even more down.... If you dont get your 250ms you most probably are below 1k dmg at the end of a fw match.

If i look at my first 3 matches, even tough we got stopmed i always got 350+ MS. Get something with dakka and if you do not die 4 times within 3 minutes its ok.... The last match yesterday i just went out pumped my ammo out threw my mech away nd got a new one - was the first to have 4 death but easily got 2.3k dmg and went afk to get myself some late night snack came back to see 370 matchscore with a team that barely broke 1.2k dmg on average and one guy that did 2.4k dmg. Too passive and overly agressive will ruin the score, but if you know where to stay sith your mech most dakka emchs have teh dmps to get the amount of damage needed in 2 minutes of active play.

More care is needed agianst good teams, but still its jsut 500 dmg on average, unless tehy stomp you 48/10 everybody should get 250ms....

#50 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:48 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 23 November 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

More care is needed agianst good teams, but still its jsut 500 dmg on average, unless tehy stomp you 48/10 everybody should get 250ms....

It is nigh impossible for an average pug to earn 2K damage in a lost game, never mind going against a good team. This event's mech challenge is very pug unfriendly.

Edited by Muujig612, 23 November 2017 - 03:53 AM.

#51 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:06 AM

View PostMuujig612, on 23 November 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

It is nigh impossible for an average pug to earn 2K damage in a lost game, never mind going against a good team. This event's mech challenge is very pug unfriendly.

Ahh i do that again and again in matches my team gets steamrolled. So for the average pug player it should be possible to get hte match score easily when teh game lasts a bit longer and is not totally unbalanced.

#52 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:17 AM

In clan mech doing over 500 damage in scouting is easy, doing it all the time with my quad streak6 Hinchie

#53 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

Its pretty much easy if you bring a ATM-24 huntsman into scout mode and dont die instantly. Ive been getting like 300+ match score every single game and 500-1000 dmg, not to mention a few solo kills. Obviously you get the occasional bad game where the enemy just bum rushes and your team desintegrates in seconds, but its still a very consistent way to get good match score since you are gonna be doing at a bare minimum ~500 dmg assuming you understand how to prioritize targets and the like.

On IS, you can take any semi capable bushwanker build and do similar amounts of damage (most decent groups ive come across use 2-4 of those things.

#54 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

View PostTiewolf, on 23 November 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

I don't think so. My guess is, considering the designs of the previous events, that the event team does not know the game well enough. Otherwise they would know that 250 is a win 15 matches goal and heavily depending on your team and not your own performance.

You dont need a win to get 250 or a team to get it.

#55 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:22 AM

Remember that your overall match score is divided by the number of mechs you lose. Play smart, win your trades, listen to that little voice that tells you not to run around that corner, etc. Most of our group knocked out the Clan side of the event last night and we'll be swapping over to IS this evening.

#56 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 23 November 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

All you have to do is 500DMG per mech. Not that hard. Considering that asists, protected mech balbla bla also give match score it goes even more down.... If you dont get your 250ms you most probably are below 1k dmg at the end of a fw match.

No It doesn`t work this way. Your matchscore is devided by the amount of mechs you use. If you score 1k dmg with your first, 300 with your second, because the farming push already started, and 2 times next to 0 damage you won`t get 250 match score.
I achieved it once because i choose my stealth armor pirates bane as my third mech and started hiding till the enemy team finished the game by objectives. All players on my team droped their 4th mech and no one except me had a matchscore over 250. Some of them had 1,8k dmg and didn`t get the 250.

Edited by Tiewolf, 23 November 2017 - 08:57 AM.

#57 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

View PostSam Ael, on 23 November 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

It's easy.

If you think it's hard to get 250 MS you should re-think your playstyle.

And? You verified my point Posted Image . Most of the players that made the 250 where alive with at least one mech at the end. So the enemy finished by objectives. This is your only chance to score 250 if your dmg is not completely out of the ordinary. On top of that it is not very common in the pug farming land that the winning team finishes the objectives before they farm you to the last player. You where lucky that the enemy team didn`t farm you before finishing the game so you should re-think your opness.

Edited by Tiewolf, 23 November 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#58 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostTiewolf, on 23 November 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

And? You verified my point Posted Image . Most of the players that made the 250 where alive with at least one mech at the end. So the enemy finished by objectives. This is your only chance to score 250 if your dmg is not completely out of the ordinary. On top of that it is not very common in the pug farming land that the winning team finishes the objectives before they farm you to the last player. You where lucky that the enemy team didn`t farm you before finishing the game. You should re-think your opness.

Dying with with that lats mech wouldn't have changed anything.

#59 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostShadow-dancer, on 22 November 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

I'm having my usual run of bad matches. 9 solid hours of constant invasion matches and I have 4x250 scores Posted Image
I very much doubt I'll make it.

Heads up! You will make it!
I was lucky that i had the time on last days and finally got my Atlas after 31 matches of scouting and invasion. Its very time consuming but you can make it too!

#60 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostCurccu, on 23 November 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

Dying with with that lats mech wouldn't have changed anything.

Try it. Get wrecked by focused laservomit and airstrikes while droping out of your dropship with your last mech and look at your score afterwards. That they where alive after fallen behind in kills tells the story.

Edited by Tiewolf, 23 November 2017 - 09:15 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users