250 Match Score?

83 replies to this topic

#61 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

You guys that are having a hard time in invasion should seriously try scout mode. Its really NOT difficult to get at least 250 match score (not to mention games are fast so a couple bad games dont take away half an hour of your time). All you need to do is make a build that has a decent amount of damage potential like ATM-24 huntsman/hunch2c, or pretty much any decent brawler on IS side with SRMs or LBXs (you dont want lasers cause those kill easily without doing alot of actual damage in the process).

Sofar, im already at 10 250 score games and ive only been doing the event for a few hours, its really not that hard in scout mode...

Yup, just finished the event, got myself a NGR-PRIME which i sold for its free slot since the only good NGR is the D model with the extra CT energy slot (not like the set-8 quirks are any good) and even then its not a mech i ever really enjoyed playing. Did it mostly with a combination of my ATM-24 huntsman, and occasional use of my 6MG+3ERML ACH.

Edited by panzer1b, 23 November 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#62 Shadow-dancer

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

Still trying invasion, had 1x250 match today so far in about 3 hours.

These chokepoint maps are ridiculous. Charge in against equal numbers and turrets? More like just suicide to get the match over with.

#63 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

View PostTiewolf, on 23 November 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

No It doesn`t work this way. Your matchscore is devided by the amount of mechs you use. If you score 1k dmg with your first, 300 with your second, because the farming push already started, and 2 times next to 0 damage you won`t get 250 match score.
I achieved it once because i choose my stealth armor pirates bane as my third mech and started hiding till the enemy team finished the game by objectives. All players on my team droped their 4th mech and no one except me had a matchscore over 250. Some of them had 1,8k dmg and didn`t get the 250.

Dude thats why 500dmg per mech thats 250 match score from damage per mech so you divide at the end by the numbe rof mech and end up at 250

#64 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostShadow-dancer, on 23 November 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Still trying invasion, had 1x250 match today so far in about 3 hours.

These chokepoint maps are ridiculous. Charge in against equal numbers and turrets? More like just suicide to get the match over with.

Well hope you just listened in teh match we played together when i explained how match score is calculated :)

#65 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

*sigh*

Y'all are making things way too complicated.

It's damage. That's it. Build a splat mech. Get damage.

Winning. Does. Not. Matter.

Here's a fun match for y'all from this morning before the eating of the turkey:
https://steamuserima...1D585A5EDA5C7F/

Only one person gets 250+ match score, because apparently, he's the only person who's paying attention to what I've been saying in this thread.

Side note, that match was hysterical.

It started at the loading screen when I saw Daedelos with a few of his MJ12 buddies. "Oh crap. Well, let's see how many missiles I can spit out before they stomp us into goo."

Then it got teh lulzies.

Daedelos apparently called for light ranged mechs, and their pug followed because that's that they brought. My team was all short ranged brawlers. As bad as I thought it was going to be when I saw who we were fighting, I knew it had gotten so much worse.

So I did the only thing we could do, which I figured would be obvious. I start sneaking my notatallsneaky Pahket (seriously, it's mostly black one a very white map) through the trenches and behind hills focusing on tracking down that Raven who was kind off a bit obviously getting set up for a run behind my team.

The Raven could plan this because my team had stopped moving forward which I didn't notice right away because I was focused on not being seen. Then I hear over our voice "Okay, we have to charge them."

Now, there was a teensy tiny part of me that considered grabbing my headset and talking them out of this Really Bad Plan™. However, that part of me was outvoted by the rest of me who realized this was going to be fun to watch. It's not my job to save skittles from themselves. My team discusses this, and all the while, I'm getting closer to that Raven who is now totally focused on my just standing there and occasionally peeking over the hills and shot to pieces teammates.

They finally agree to charge. Across wide open terrain. Against enemies who have both a range and speed advantage. I have no idea how any of them managed to get any damage before they died. Which they did. Quickly.

But then there came a tappin' of a Pahket not so gently rapping. Rapping on the Raven's core. Alas the Raven...Nevermore.

So now I'm in a 3v1 brawl. I'm going to lose, but I start dancing around a building corner and up and down this hillside while locked on to a second Raven who also went nevermore. And then I died.

Afterwards, I congratulated Daedelos on a great strategy and mentioned that if I'd have known what they were going to do, I'd have brought my Ferret. He replied that fast mechs are a challenge for them, so they tend to focus them first. So I called them meanies :P

Anyway, it was a fun match. More importantly the morale of the story: Damage.

#66 Shadow-dancer

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostCara Carcass, on 23 November 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Well hope you just listened in teh match we played together when i explained how match score is calculated Posted Image

Yeah, but tbh I'm kinda at the point where I'm not sure if 1billion C-bills and all the mechs in the game would be worth this. FW sucks more than QP when you get the siege maps, especially as attackers Posted Image

#67 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

Update: it took 68 matches in Scouting to get fifteen 250's... I had 23 matches with 230-249 MS. Huntsman, streak, 1 erml and ams. More losses than wins by far. Some of the worst gameplay I've experienced in 10 months. Teams only make the quest worse because you're competing for the same damage.......the team I am on went as individuals and stopped dropping as a team or teams.....too inefficienct. 68 matches is a long and stresful grind and won't be repeated anytime soon.....

Scouting is a disaster with the 55 ton pocket-assaults having 5 tons on our best mechs.......total BS.

#68 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

i usually get 220 or so. im using an ac20, 2 med pulse, er med hbk4g. I love how it works for kills, brawling and damage spreading but it doesnt work for 250 score. Still, im at ~8/15.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 23 November 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#69 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostTiewolf, on 22 November 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

Do I have to wait till all the good clan player sleep till we get a fair chance to finish this event?

Eh, what???

Posted Image

#70 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostSam Ael, on 23 November 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

It's easy.

If you think it's hard to get 250 MS you should re-think your playstyle.

Run hide with your mech until the timer ends? Notice how most of the pugs didn't get 250 scores, which is exactly what I was talking about.

Edited by Muujig612, 23 November 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#71 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostAsym, on 23 November 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Update: it took 68 matches in Scouting to get fifteen 250's... I had 23 matches with 230-249 MS. Huntsman, streak, 1 erml and ams. More losses than wins by far. Some of 9the worst gameplay I've experienced in 10 months. Teams only make the quest worse because you're competing for the same damage.......the team I am on went as individuals and stopped dropping as a team or teams.....too inefficienct. 68 matches is a long and stresful grind and won't be repeated anytime soon.....

Scouting is a disaster with the 55 ton pocket-assaults having 5 tons on our best mechs.......total BS.

I don't Know.. In these few days, I saw 4 atm huntsman sneak and camp out a tight corner and down a bushie in 3 seconds upon turning it. I saw nova rushes over a blind spot (saddle in crimson being 1 common place) then stripped my legs with 1 arm firing each. Saw 2 uac2 hbk demolishing slow mediums in long range maps while 2 phakhets rushed in to mop up.
Then I see srm arctic wolves standing in the open staring at the enemy waiting for them to close to their srm range. Just stood there and pelted his ct to dark red with no spread and no threat to myself. Well sure the 'pocket assaults' as u call it would bring the pain, but that's cox you let them stay their favored ranged without viable strategies or teamwork to kill them fast or efficiently.

Edited by Bohxim, 23 November 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#72 Shadow-dancer

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

20 hours play - 13/15.

That's kinda pathetic Posted Image

#73 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

Or maybe challenges should actually be challenging to complete for the average player. Weird idea i know.

#74 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 23 November 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Or maybe challenges should actually be challenging to complete for the average player. Weird idea i know.

Or maybe just give it to groups and stop trying to bribe pugs into a failing game mode so they can get farmed by groups. Every match I pugged i did not see any more than 2 maybe 3 guys on my side making that score when facing a group, Grouped players however don't have the same problem seeing they are being fed by pugs especially newer players that are trying to get to a extra mech bay or mech... I have given up on trying to get that, I have a DDC and mech bays so it doesn't bother me if I get it or not.

#75 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:09 AM

View PostMuujig612, on 23 November 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Run hide with your mech until the timer ends? Notice how most of the pugs didn't get 250 scores, which is exactly what I was talking about.

This is the whole problem, this is not for guys pugging, the chance a pug has of ever completing this event is near zero, but still they try and get farmed, just another bribe from PGI to get players into a dead game mode only now no mech or mech bay for them.

#76 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

View PostPlzDie, on 24 November 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

Or maybe just give it to groups and stop trying to bribe pugs into a failing game mode so they can get farmed by groups. Every match I pugged i did not see any more than 2 maybe 3 guys on my side making that score when facing a group, Grouped players however don't have the same problem seeing they are being fed by pugs especially newer players that are trying to get to a extra mech bay or mech... I have given up on trying to get that, I have a DDC and mech bays so it doesn't bother me if I get it or not.

2-3 players per game seems like a good number to aim for when it comes to challenges.

If it's too grindy it's better to reduce the required number of games, there is no sense of achievement if it's easy to do.

#77 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:10 AM

View PostShadow-dancer, on 23 November 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

20 hours play - 13/15.

That's kinda pathetic Posted Image

You know, the match we played together i made 891 MS with 1 mech with 1.4k dmg, because they didnt come in at all. I saw 5 ppl throw away mechs repeatedly chaseing out and untiuimately they ended up below 250ms.... Just save your emchs, push with the team, dont hide and try to let the team do the work, bvut also dont throw your emch away.....

Thats why i explained how match score works... just play with teh team adn dont thrwo mechs away.... 500dmg on average poer mech will get you those 250ms easily

#78 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:27 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 24 November 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

2-3 players per game seems like a good number to aim for when it comes to challenges.

If it's too grindy it's better to reduce the required number of games, there is no sense of achievement if it's easy to do.

I don't mind it being a challenge, neither did I say it should be easy, what I want is for it to be attainable, most people don't even manage 200. If they are going to bribe players to populate a game mode that is nearly empty outside of events at least make it worth it.

In any case pugs getting face rolled by groups don't stand a damn chance in getting this done, you know as well as I do by the third wave they are being camped at spawn, at this stage it is impossible and not a challenge anymore...

That is why I said PGI should just give this to groups and stop bribing players to join a game mode just to feed groups.

Edited by PlzDie, 24 November 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#79 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:22 AM

View PostPlzDie, on 24 November 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

I don't mind it being a challenge, neither did I say it should be easy, what I want is for it to be attainable, most people don't even manage 200. If they are going to bribe players to populate a game mode that is nearly empty outside of events at least make it worth it.

In any case pugs getting face rolled by groups don't stand a damn chance in getting this done, you know as well as I do by the third wave they are being camped at spawn, at this stage it is impossible and not a challenge anymore...

That is why I said PGI should just give this to groups and stop bribing players to join a game mode just to feed groups.

150 MS is something everybody should get. that part of the challenge gets you 6M Cbills. The other part somehow for some people is the actuall challenge. I think its quite ok the way it is.

#80 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 24 November 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

150 MS is something everybody should get. that part of the challenge gets you 6M Cbills. The other part somehow for some people is the actuall challenge. I think its quite ok the way it is.

If you are playing in a group it is ok I agree, pugging not so much, I am pugging this event right now I quit the group I was in cause nobody is playing much anymore. I get decent damage with my first and second mech, my third and fourth is free kills for the groups I face because by then they are in our spawn, I managed that score once.

Edited by PlzDie, 24 November 2017 - 04:41 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users