House Rasalhague Republic?

47 replies to this topic

#21 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

I like the blue. Maybe if it was more of an icy blue rather than the aqua color.
It would be best though superimposed on the outline of a bear's head. ;)

#22 Hjorhrafn

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'd buy a pin of this new design if it was made. Or a shirt for that matter. I wouldn't have to worry about losing my old Reaper FRR pin if I had a newer, snazzy one that I could replace if needed.

#23 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

You hear that devs? You've got money on the table right here. ;)

Oh, and don't forget to give us uncropped, not wavy versions of the insignia please, thanks in advance.

#24 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

A new brighter outlook for the Free Rasalhague Republichas been given a new brighter image to push forward that outlook. We are free of the Draconis Combine, we are free of the Commonwealth. As we were before, we are again - our own people, our own Republic.

#25 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

Forever free, forever Rasalhague! :)

The more I see it the more it grows on me.

#26 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostDayuhan, on 26 December 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

A new brighter outlook for the Free Rasalhague Republichas been given a new brighter image to push forward that outlook. We are free of the Draconis Combine, we are free of the Commonwealth. As we were before, we are again - our own people, our own Republic.

Pretty sad you won't even have time to celebrate and *bang*, you're strugling to survive. :)

#27 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

We're out to change that since we have a "crystal ball" and know what's coming this time

#28 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

View PostSkwisgaar Skwigelf, on 27 December 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

We're out to change that since we have a "crystal ball" and know what's coming this time

Like it or not, I really don't belive you'll survive it. Most members are Clan Ghost Bear loyalists who joined till Clans become available and when I think of the numbers Clans are going to have, but CC is always outnumbered too and we survive, so I wish you best of luck. :)

#29 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Well, we've already got a company's worth of mercs. :)

Plus, if they go that strict by canon, we never lose all of our planets, we keep 7. That's plenty! More than zero we had before 3034.

#30 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostDihm, on 27 December 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well, we've already got a company's worth of mercs. :) Plus, if they go that strict by canon, we never lose all of our planets, we keep 7. That's plenty! More than zero we had before 3034.

Dihm, are you sure all of those planets would be made invincible? It is going to be pain to get some planets when I think of the fact all the Clanners would fight to defend them and they will surely expand around you. Creepy. :)

#31 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

Well, if they stick with canon to the point where we can't make any difference and still get overrun, it would seem logical that they would force the Clanners to stop after the Truce.

#32 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

But how are you going to "live"? They will surely just continue their assault and you will be soon cut off from the world. Every match you would play would be against Clans and they would get the planet back immediately and asuming there is no way to travel through enemy territory...

#33 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:45 AM

View PostAdridos, on 28 December 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

But how are you going to "live"? They will surely just continue their assault and you will be soon cut off from the world. Every match you would play would be against Clans and they would get the planet back immediately and asuming there is no way to travel through enemy territory...

Phff, all this defeatist talk and not one shot has been fired, for all you know we stop the clans cold on the border and they gain nothing at all due to the number of add/sugar/mountaindew/*insert energy drink* high adolecents who cant listen to coms and work together versus dedicated lances of hardned and bitter vets not wanting to loose it all.

Heck on the TT I never lost a rated fight to clanners, I was a dirty scum bag and used every trick in the book, including setting forests with their mech on fire. 1 offs I lost more then a few because I tried new stuff, new tactics in environments that the win didnt count for much beyond braging rights, but the ones where something *offical* was on the line I bucked up and gave em a bloody nose.

This time ill break their necks with my Trashcan O Doom! Hell ill be so short they wont even see me coming.

#34 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

View PostAdridos, on 28 December 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

I'm having trouble making sense of this in continuation of our conversation and the direction it headed.

I'm really not worried that they'll (PGI) allow a faction to be completely wiped out.

#35 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

View PostDihm, on 28 December 2011 - 06:49 AM, said:

I'm having trouble making sense of this in continuation of our conversation and the direction it headed.

I'm really not worried that they'll (PGI) allow a faction to be completely wiped out.

I'm not talking about wiping out. I'm talking about the fact, that when Clans get to "invincible" planets, they'll conquer the worlds beyond them. That way, you'll be in the middle of their space and only faction you'll be able to fight will be Clans.

#36 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:17 AM

That would mean that they're breaking canon by allowing progression past the Truce line. If they're already breaking canon like that, it seems completely illogical that we wouldn't be able to fight back against the invasion and prevent us from being surrounded (which never happened in lore) in the first place.

Hence, my confusion.

#37 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

The color was changed, most likely, to given FRR a unique color, unless you want to be associated with the blue hues of House Steiner.

Sorry, House "Steineur".

Edited by Brakkyn, 28 December 2011 - 07:26 AM.

#38 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

The Steiner blue looks like a urinal cake.

#39 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:39 AM

Assuming they stick to the canon version of events then after ComStar wins a 15-year truce at the Battle of Tukayyid the FRR is left with seven worlds (as Dihm said earlier). These seven worlds are not only garrissoned by the rebuilding FRR military but also ComStar which has Star League era 'mechs. In addition we have tons of Clan salvage and "15 years" to incorporate it into our 'mechs. So even if we do fight only along the Clan borders we will be fighting with the support of ComStar (at least to begin with) and with Inner-Sphere 'mechs refitted with, at least in part, with salvaged Clan technology - and the more we fight them the more salvage we will get.

And it is not like we are the only ones fighting the Clans. All the Inner Sphere has a vested interest in preventing the Clans from advancing any further through the FRR as we are the quickest route to Terra which is the main target for the Clan invasion; the Clans are trying to recapture Terra and set up a new Star League with themselves as the ruling force; the Inner Sphere will ttry to prevent this from happening at any cost or the four Succession Wars they have fought will be for nothing.

#40 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

View PostDihm, on 28 December 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

That would mean that they're breaking canon by allowing progression past the Truce line. If they're already breaking canon like that, it seems completely illogical that we wouldn't be able to fight back against the invasion and prevent us from being surrounded (which never happened in lore) in the first place.

Hence, my confusion.

Let's hope devs implement those "borders" for Clan invasion, then. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users