• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

View Postarcana75, on 27 November 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hi guys appreciate views/opinions.

Of the 2 Resistance Collections (both @ $56), which of the 2 do you prefer and why?

https://mwomercs.com/resistance Resistance 1, has the Panther, Enforcer, Grasshopper and Zeus.
https://mwomercs.com/resistancetwo Resistance 2, has the Wolfhound, Crab, Black Knight, Mauler.

Clan side, the most attractive pack is the Origins (@$56), has the Jenner IIC, Hunchback IIC, Orion IIC, Highlander IIC.
https://mwomercs.com/origins

Might get 1 Clan and 1 IS.

Only got the R1-Pack, I still don't know if I will get the R2 package as of now. R1 is solid, though. Not great, but also not terribly bad.

As for the Clans, the Origins package is indeed the best deal (you get 24 colours!). The Jenner is a death trap to me but the HBK, Orion and Highlander are "good" at least. You could, however, also consider getting Wave III (at least the Ebon Jag / Cauldron Born level of it), which also makes for a good CW drop deck. If you are into this, ofc.

#62 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

View Postpacifica812, on 26 November 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

A question for Matt...

Would upgrading an already owned mechpack to a collectors through this Cyber sale count towards eligibility for the next years top tier loyalty reward?

Thanx for your answer and thanx for the sale :)

Hi Matt :)

I would politely request an answer to this question if possible. Pretty pretty please :)

Or if anyone else knows??

Edited by pacifica812, 27 November 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#63 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:38 PM

PT with MC from ingame store isn't banked PT, is it?

#64 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostApollo777, on 27 November 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

PT with MC from ingame store isn't banked PT, is it?

Pretty sure it's active premium when bought from the store.

#65 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

Was going to get a couple 30day PT, but it looks like its active and not banked. Can anyone confirm?

#66 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 27 November 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Only got the R1-Pack, I still don't know if I will get the R2 package as of now. R1 is solid, though. Not great, but also not terribly bad.

As for the Clans, the Origins package is indeed the best deal (you get 24 colours!). The Jenner is a death trap to me but the HBK, Orion and Highlander are "good" at least. You could, however, also consider getting Wave III (at least the Ebon Jag / Cauldron Born level of it), which also makes for a good CW drop deck. If you are into this, ofc.

View PostDoctor Dinosaur, on 27 November 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Regarding the IIC mechs:
Highlander: Only the C and perhaps B is worth it, imho,
Orion: Not worth,
Hunchback: Very worth,
Jenner: Not worth anymore (they got too big, making them too squishy). A Jenner with ECM could be very good...

View Postlatinisator, on 27 November 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Thanks guys, yeah I was quite hesitant about the Jenner, but I have read good things about the Orion IIC and its asymmetric design and AC20 builds. The pre-order bonuses are nice too but I think the $24 off is even more attractive! The Jenner IIC was actually the very first mech I piloted in MWO, as it's a trial mech.

I did look at Clans Wave 3 but 2 issues: it's $84 not $56 and it had mechs I already owned, whereas the 3 packs I'm looking at (Origins, Resistance 1/2) all had mechs I didn't own.

Funnily though I was asking for views about the R1/R2 packs and all 3 of u replied about the Origins which I already decided I'd get Posted Image Posted Image

EDIT: I looked at the individual mechs in R1 and R2, and preliminary feel is the R2 mechs seem better, with the Mauler, Black Knight and Crab being heavier on tonnage and often popular choices on the battlefield. As a brawling player, I favour mechs with armour/survivability.

Edited by arcana75, 27 November 2017 - 08:51 PM.

#67 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

View PostJohn Stryker, on 27 November 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Was going to get a couple 30day PT, but it looks like its active and not banked. Can anyone confirm?

I haven't bought any myself but several people I know have and yes, it is active PT.

#68 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

View Postarcana75, on 27 November 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

Thanks guys, yeah I was quite hesitant about the Jenner, but I have read good things about the Orion IIC and its asymmetric design and AC20 builds. The pre-order bonuses are nice too but I think the $24 off is even more attractive! The Jenner IIC was actually the very first mech I piloted in MWO, as it's a trial mech.

I did look at Clans Wave 3 but 2 issues: it's $84 not $56 and it had mechs I already owned, whereas the 3 packs I'm looking at (Origins, Resistance 1/2) all had mechs I didn't own.

Funnily though I was asking for views about the R1/R2 packs and all 3 of u replied about the Origins which I already decided I'd get Posted Image Posted Image

EDIT: I looked at the individual mechs in R1 and R2, and preliminary feel is the R2 mechs seem better, with the Mauler, Black Knight and Crab being heavier on tonnage and often popular choices on the battlefield. As a brawling player, I favour mechs with armour/survivability.

The Jenner IIC is a walking CT. It's the fastest clan light you can get tho. The missile variant is okay-ish, but the others are basically converted IS Jenners with worse hitboxes.

The Hunchback IIC is solid in pretty much every variant. All have JJs and high mounted hardpoints. Pretty fast, pretty agile, pretty hard hitting, maybe a little on the fragile side because of the lack of armor quirks, but you can't have it all...

The Orion IIC is actually pretty decent. It's a solid brawler and pretty hard hitting even with the max engine rating. You can transform it into a missile boat if you so desire, but meh... brawlers are more fun.

The Highlander IIC is one of those clan assaults that are hard for me to find suitable loadouts. Sure, you can do the lurm thing, but lurm assaults are... bad... very bad... just... don't do it. ATMs seem to work pretty decent. The brawling thing might work, it just doesn't for me tho.

I do agree on the Resistance packs. I like the 2 package more. Mauler is a very solid assault, the Black Knight is an okay laser vomit heavy, the Crab... is... just refusing to die and the Wolfhound is a pretty decent light.

#69 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostGasoline, on 27 November 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

I do agree on the Resistance packs. I like the 2 package more. Mauler is a very solid assault, the Black Knight is an okay laser vomit heavy, the Crab... is... just refusing to die and the Wolfhound is a pretty decent light.

The fact you get 36 colours and 18 cockpit items from the 6 factions from buying Resistance Collections, is pretty nice. The fact that R2 has 3 tanky mechs is a strong reason why I'm leaning towards R2 over R1.

#70 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

I wonder if there will ever be a sale on mastery bundles? They're already reasonable but I can get 3 mechs and some premium for 14 bucks in this sale but to get the catapult pack (for example) 28 bucks.

#71 Arlend

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 November 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Posted Image

Cyber Monday Sale
Starts: Nov 26th, 4 PM PST, 7 PM EST, Nov 27th 00:00 UTC
Ends: Nov 30th, 4 PM PST, 7 PM EST, Dec 1st 00:00 UTC

In Game MC Content Sale

Select Premium Time 50% off MC Price (Available in the in-game Store)
Select MC Colors 50% off MC Price (Available in the Customization Menu)
Select *Decals 25 % off (Available in the Customization Menu)

*Decals on sale do not display as "on Sale" properly, however, the discounted price is correct.

DECAL REG PRICE 500 - 25% = SALE PRICE 375 MC
DECAL REG PRICE 180 - 25% = SALE PRICE 135 MC

Select Mech Pack Sale 30% off Available on the website

30% is the Biggest Discount we have ever offered on Mech Packs!
ALSO ON SALE IN THE
Gift Store!

Resistance Heroes - Package Page

Javelin - Package Page

RoughNeck - Package Page

Assassin - Package Page

SuperNova - Package Page

Clan Heroes - Package Page

Bushwacker - Package Page

Marauder IIC - Package Page

Linebacker - Package Page

Huntsman - Package Page

Night Gyr - Package Page

Cyclops - Package Page

Viper - Package Page

Phoenix Hawk - Package Page

Kodiak - Package Page

Archer - Package Page

Rifleman - Package Page

Warhammer - Package Page

Marauder - Package Page

Origins IIC - Package Page

Resistance II - Package Page

UrbanMech - Package Page

Clan Wave III - Package Page

Resistance - Package Page

Clan Wave II - Package Page

Clans - Package Page

The Game was fun but pumping in more at US prices just for the love of mechs and I do, I can't bring myself to do it. I love the game and have for a long time. It doesn't make business sense why push away the fan loyal base...

#72 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 28 November 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I wonder if there will ever be a sale on mastery bundles? They're already reasonable but I can get 3 mechs and some premium for 14 bucks in this sale but to get the catapult pack (for example) 28 bucks.

Actually from my excel, if you bought the $99.95 MC bundle, and bought the ingame mastery bundle using that MC, the bundle price at dollar value will be at the price point you're asking for?

For example, the Stalker bundle is 8785 MC. Based on the $99.95 MC bundle, this translates to $27.01 dollars, which is cheaper than the Mastery Pack on the website at $35, and both have the same content.

The Catapult pack is $28, but based on the above, it's likely cheaper by a few dollars if you went the MC route.

Mastery packs are already at 50% off for every item in the pack btw, even outside of sale events.

Edited by arcana75, 28 November 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#73 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

PGI - thank you. Best deals are yet to come I hope in the C-Bill discounts and the other sales before the Holidays. I think this shows how much you are listening to your fan base and responding. I hope it brings back some to the game and introduces it to others.

#74 Mrgoodnight253

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

I can not wait for a C Bill sale!

#75 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia