117 replies to this topic

#41 Meldric Ward

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

I do not even get why people jump on to those dummy events!
Make FW into something meaningful and such useless things like "Mechtoberfest" and this "Advent" will not be missed a second.

#42 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:03 AM

FANTASTIC EVENT! 24 days of delicious loot Posted Image Will miss a couple of days due to RL but that's ok. Have fun in the battlefield pilots!

#43 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

I really enjoy these daily events. Makes me log in to MWO instead of some other game. I logged in last night, played 3 quick games for the daily even though I didn't have a lot of gaming time. I assume it is the same for a lot of people. The 50 MC per 24 hours is also very nice. Means after a few days, even new players will be able to buy colours, one shot patters, or, after some saving, some hero mechs.

Keep up the great work Matt, and thanks for listening to the feedback! I don't know how much manpower the creation of these events require, but I hope they become a regular everyday part of MWO. Hopefully you guys can just automate the process of dailies like some other games.

Tele

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 02 December 2017 - 06:02 AM.

#44 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

Catching up...

View PostGroutknoll, on 02 December 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

just need a 24 days of mechmas song made for Old Saint Atlas and Commando Ell !Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
DAMN!!! I had the feeling that idea might have been used before, but I forgot it really had been! *facedesk* -_-

I still wonder what Matt Newman thinks of dressing an Urbie up in Red&White Dazzle, though... Anybody have an idea? Heck, maybe a Pick-A-Prize with a Pattern Unlock would be a cool idea? I don't think they have any Holiday WarHorns to throw at people, unfortunately. :o

Also, I hope there are NOT more of those "Solo Kill" things coming. I would prefer having to rack up "Savior Kill" counts, as they're not easy to come by either, but at least they don't interfere with Teamwork. I've already got a headache from that first one. Based on the first 12 Days, so far, my '9.91/10' stands for now, but it has room to go up and still hit a '10/10'... :mellow:

Which reminds me...

View PostBuenaventura, on 01 December 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

@Matt: Although the days 13-24 are not in the ingame event tracker yet - haven't checked on the website to avoid peeking -, please consider extending at least day 24, maybe also day 23, to either start earlier or run for some days. I'm sure I'm not the only one who won't be near his pc for the holidays (that start on the 24th here, not the 25th like in the USA).
I would have to second this sentiment, as well as suggest an additional Time Extension for Patch Day, which I'm sure is inbound soon. Otherwise, people could end up rather unfairly pinched on the critical days in the sequence, particularly where something else can block (or interfere with) doing the Event items. Matt Newman's initial extension of 'Day 1' due to lack of earlier announcement is the reason I bumped my first rating upward to '9.91/10' from what would have been only a '9.35/10', so I look forward to seeing more awesome come into the game from their desk. ;)

~D. V. "Curious, stumped, and a little drained... but still putting up the numbers." Devnull

#45 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostMeldric Ward, on 02 December 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

I do not even get why people jump on to those dummy events!
Make FW into something meaningful and such useless things like "Mechtoberfest" and this "Advent" will not be missed a second.

Perhaps not everyone plays FW? Perhaps some people want to have a little initiative to just play the game casually?

God, some people really need to realize that there is a whole world to explore beyond their own horizon...

#46 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

Holy crap Matt, 24 days of sweetness?! I'm digging it, and the mc rewards on top of cockpit items, verrr naice :)

Question though, in another thread you said something along the lines of a massive mech for c-bills sale in (December?).

Eta on that? Or will it be a surprise?

And side note: If it is only you working on these events, even with a bit of delay on the announcement, I'd say you're doing pretty good considering the rush of the holiday season and Mech_Con on the horizon. Drinks are on me, you drink Crown royal? Lol :)

#47 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:51 PM

Thank you PGI for the free 600MC.

HO-HO-HO !

#48 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the fun, easy event. It's ALWAYS nice to get some free MC from PGI. Since there's only 12 Advent days listed in "Future Events," will you be announcing 12 more days for the event, maybe geared toward Faction Play?

#49 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

O.k. Question for PGI... The event page on the website just switched from Day 1 to Day 3. Is Day two still active, and if it is, what is the criteria for it?

I'm one of the people who STILL have no access to the in-game event browser. How are we supposed to be able to participate if we can't see what's going on?

Edited by Harlock69, 02 December 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#50 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostHarlock69, on 02 December 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Is Day two still active, and if it is, what is the criteria for it?

No, it's not active. Criteria was : "Earn 1 Solo Kill in Quickplay"

I'm one of the people who STILL have no access to the in-game event browser. How are we supposed to be able to participate if we can't see what's going on?
Everybody with a web-browser are able to see the conditions. Just have to go to the page you are interested in:
Posted Image

#51 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostVan mw, on 02 December 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

No, it's not active. Criteria was : "Earn 1 Solo Kill in Quickplay"
Everybody with a web-browser are able to see the conditions. Just have to go to the page you are interested in:
Posted Image

I feel stupid! Reloaded that page multiple times, and never noticed the non-standout-ish print right above the picture... Thanks for pointing it out!!

#52 Aesthir

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostHarlock69, on 02 December 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

I feel stupid! Reloaded that page multiple times, and never noticed the non-standout-ish print right above the picture... Thanks for pointing it out!!

Not stupid, same thing happened here. I think PGI just bungled the rollout of this event.

#53 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,717 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

O.k. Question for PGI... The event page on the website just switched from Day 1 to Day 3. Is Day two still active, and if it is, what is the criteria for it?

Yeah, I got the day one award and spent today counting down the time until day 2, only to find out it was now day 3. =(

#54 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:57 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 02 December 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Yeah, I got the day one award and spent today counting down the time until day 2, only to find out it was now day 3. =(

What happened was that people complained that the Day 1 thing was given without much notice (and it was active before it was announced). So PGI extended Day 1 to be 48 hours.

A side effect of this is that if you simply click on the event link, it takes you to the oldest active event: Day 1 in this case. Since Day 1 and Day two were running concurrently, you needed to use the scroll links to see Day 2.

PGI, if you're listening: I love the game, it's pretty, but your non-game user experience and user interfaces... I don't want to say, "sucks", but the English language is failing me for a more accurate term. If there's going to be overlapping events, it would be highly convenient to have a floating list or index of event links (collapsible of past, present, and future) on the events page. Obviously we have what just happened, but there have been other sins of web design:
* The event page as it stands. If I want to see the first event (for whatever reason), I've got to click "Previous" like a drinking bird, or start fiddling with the URL.
* I'm recalling the multi-week summer event, with that calendar that was links to event details. Navigating that was a pain. If I wanted to look at or compare two sub-events, I remember having to click on a link, scroll all the way back to the top, and then click on the link for the next event I wanted to look at.

This, to me, is screaming for an event list as part of the events page. You guys obvious use javascript in your pages, so this shouldn't be overly difficult.

#55 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

View PostInsomnium80, on 03 December 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

edit: Also in game event browser is still not working.

Yeah, that's the other thing: the in-game event browser is flaky at best. The behavior I've seen:
1. The past, current, and future events don't get populated. Click on them, and they expand to show nothing.
2. Sometimes even the past, current, and future events don't show up. A day or so ago, I saw only the past tab, when there was clearly future and current events.
3. I can get the thing to reset. I've found that sometimes the event viewer will get populated by moving from one view to another that takes a bit of time (i.e. moving from the mech lab to the faction warfare screen). I don't know if this is because the act of moving from one screen to another forces a data update from the servers, or there's a timing issue that the screen move allows to complete, but there it is. And this isn't reliable, but it's the one thing I can do that seems to sometimes do anything. Sitting in the mech lab waiting for the event viewer to populate never gets me anywhere.

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

View PostMechrophilia, on 02 December 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Thank you PGI for the free 600MC.

HO-HO-HO !

What? You think Matt Newman is done? I'm looking forward to what I hope to be another 600(MC) and other nice things. For all I know, they've got a Holiday WarHorn of some kind that they are going to surprise everyone with. Keep in mind, he's dealing with MechCon at the moment, so the other days are on a delay. B)

View PostCyanEyd, on 02 December 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Thanks for the fun, easy event. It's ALWAYS nice to get some free MC from PGI. Since there's only 12 Advent days listed in "Future Events," will you be announcing 12 more days for the event, maybe geared toward Faction Play?

I agree on the Event being fun, and I'm also happy to get some (MC), as well as some Cockpit Items, while giving the queues a little booster. :D

However... These interesting Daily Event Challenges don't have to be absolutely geared toward CW/FW/FP... It would be interesting, however, if they had fixed the bug specifically limiting to either QP or CW/FW/FP, and could release Events that had no mode limitation in that regard. :huh:

~D. V. "I would be very surprised if more than 12 Events can be pre-loaded anyway..." Devnull

#57 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 563 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

It seems I had the Day 1 thingy too and only missed Day 2 so far.

Quickly logging in for some Day 3 fun now! :P

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

TO ANYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT "DAY 2" OF THE EVENT...

Are you all unable to log into the Website, and use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons above to navigate between Event Challenges?!?!? PGI is already stressed out enough just trying to make the thing's underlying elements work in the first place, and yet you're tearing them apart over a product that they're still working on improving. Look at the whole page, and understand how to use it, instead of complaining because you couldn't have the whole enchilada right before your eyes! They're doing page display based upon the database that they have to work on top of, and it functions like a book that needs page turning! Sure, I wish they had a Master Index page to click into, in order to seek across the history and future of these new Events and the system they function on top of. But I'm NOT going around berserk on PGI for lacking it, because I'm rather much in hope that they'll fix up some stuff in the In-Game Client, as there are many other long-standing bugs that need repair! Have any of you noticed the high lags that happen when you're editing your mech, the refreshes that sweep the whole warehouse list, or the quantity things that won't update properly for consumables while you're still putting them in? PGI is overdue for fixing a lot of older elements. <_<

SO, GET OFF PGI's BACKS OVER THE EVENT SYSTEM FOR NOW!!! LEARN HOW TO USE WHAT'S THERE, INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE YOU LACK INTELLIGENCE!!! IT HAD TO HAVE TAKEN YOU SOME BRAINS TO INSTALL MWO IN THE FIRST PLACE, OF THIS I AM SURE!!! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "I don't normally 'White Knight' for PGI, but when I do, someone else is being unrealistic." Devnull

#59 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 December 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

TO ANYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT "DAY 2" OF THE EVENT...

Are you all unable to log into the Website, and use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons above to navigate between Event Challenges?!?!?

<snip>

SO, GET OFF PGI's BACKS OVER THE EVENT SYSTEM FOR NOW!!! LEARN HOW TO USE WHAT'S THERE, INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE YOU LACK INTELLIGENCE!!! IT HAD TO HAVE TAKEN YOU SOME BRAINS TO INSTALL MWO IN THE FIRST PLACE, OF THIS I AM SURE!!! Posted Image

Wow. That was ... emphatic.

There's nothing on the special events pages about the status of any events other than the one you're currently looking at. If there is more than one event going simultaneously, this is a problem, especially if the duration of events gets changed in mid-flight. The way the page is laid out, with the event advertisement graphic, the navigation links (which are small and easy to overlook) are off screen if I'm looking at the actual event details. You know, the stuff people are going to almost certainly look at first.

So people being unintelligent or lazy or not having studied the website enough or whatever being what it is ... the way the events are presented on the website makes it easy to overlook things like the status (or existence) of two events running simultaneously. If the goal is to present content, this is a flaw. I won't address what PGI should or should not prioritize, but it shouldn't be a mystery as to how people might look at the web site for event info and miss Day 2.

#60 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

Devnull, if we're handing out intelligence here, shouldn't you start with PGI?

Grow up, get over yourself and your irritating ever-changing sigs/quotes/whatever they are....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users