44 replies to this topic

#41 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

What happened is Matt/PGI altered the results after setting wrong expectations, and then changing it after the fact.

If Tharkad had been setup the same way as the Luthien event, 1%/battle, IS would still have lost instead of making it a stalemate.

Normal FP is 27 out of 30 or 90% to win, less for a stalemate/no change. Luthien setup was 90 out of 100, 90% for a win, less for a stalemate. Luthien was a stalemate (tie) at 77%, with IS pulling it back from the abyss by 23% or 23 battles. IS's Tharkad was only pulled it back out for a stalemate/tie by 6 battles, or 80% for the normal FP ToW. If Tharkad had been done with the Luthien setup, it would have still been 6 battles but the ToW would have been sitting at 94% and a Clan win.

I do hope that Matt's attempted setup is not finalized for future Capitol encounters, where a battle is still only worth 3% and where the winning condition is set for a 3% or 1 win from the starting point, that is simply plain BS.

Edit - But the events should not be setup for pure wins/loss either, then what reason would one side have to continue playing to the end of the event if one side is WAY ahead? Tis dang if ya do, dang if you dont. I do not believe it should always be a winner/loser, stalemates should be part of the equation, and not just a small part. And treat those stalemates like the loser brackets where a second attempt is possible before it is removed from the board completely.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 December 2017 - 09:54 PM.

#42 Doomfist

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostDoomfist, on 13 December 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

I'm thinking IS actually won after they looked at the stats, but now cant post it without looking completely incompetent?

Lulz

#43 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

So every side won...sometimes...perhaps...right?

#44 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:47 AM

can i get my atlas now?

#45 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

View Postnaterist, on 23 December 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

can i get my atlas now?

Did you not complete the event? The difference between Win/lose/stalemate was only C-Bills. Everyone had to put in the work for their mech Posted Image

/I know... Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 December 2017 - 10:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users