65 replies to this topic

#61 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

View PostPilotshark, on 06 December 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Is not displaying the hero mech names in game a new "feature" now? the last several mech packs released have stopped displaying the hero mech names in game and instead showing the chassis name. This has been increasingly happening since the assassin and supernova.

Example:

The Supernova hero is not displaying in game as the hero name "Boiler" Instead, it is displaying in-game matches as "SNV-BR". Seems like I saw the same omission with "Spirit Bear" and "Sleipnir" hero recently as well but I think those may have been fixed. Will keep an eye out.

In one of the last few patches, they replaced the name displayed in the HUD with the chassis-variant designation, e.g. 'Boiler' became 'SNV-BR', but they made a mistake in not capitalizing the letters and now it should be like described, so it's on purpose.

I welcome this a lot, since I don't know each and every hero's chassis.

#62 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

My Scorch still says SCORCH in my mech, but in the lobby it says MAD-IIC-SC.

#63 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

Positive things first: The design is well-made ugly. You can see its basically a mech built around an LRM-launcher, which is a cool thing.

But what on gods earth is up with all those quirks and mobility values?
7D:
5% pulse laser range:...lousy bonus for a weapon with lousy range
10%cooldown: good general quirk for a mech that can´t carry many weapons, fine.
RA and LT bonus armour: good, those parts are easy to hit
7D2:
More hardpoints result in less weapon quirks, and the armor buffs seem to happen whenever it has a shoulder launcher, ok
7P:
A made up variant made to fail. Since laserboating can´t be fixed, all new potential laserboats get killed. No durability whatsoever, combined with no JJ capability and less agility then the rest of the chassis. Why would anyone EVER drop in this?
8E:
This one got a decent range quirk and seems to be supposed to be a long ranged LRM-carrier. Nice concept and ok quirks, too bad its IS tech and will have a hard time lurming with 45 tons.
8P:
Decently done. 2 energy hardpoints allow for a decent energy buff, in fact it might even allow for more than just energy cooldown.
9F:
THis is the tanky one. Now can anyone explain to me why this one warrants a (very specific) weapon quirk AND the largest durability quirks of the whole bunch? It has the same hardpoint count (and 4 missile hardpoint on 45 tons are GOOD) as the rest, can use JJs and offers the same agility. Why does it need to be more tanky?

Its one chassis. All variants have the same hitboxes. So please please stop giving out wildly differing durability quirks and agility values. If a variant has good hardpoints, gimp the weapon quirks. If a variant has or has not the OPTION of having JJs mounted that is no reason to punish its agility. Especially since JJs are terrible in MWO. Same bogus as with the Spirit Bear which got punished for MAYBE using MASC.
Don´t punish a variant for the option to use a system at the expense of tonnage and crit space.

#64 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Looks like PGI got around to giving the 7P quirks and higher base agility.

Posted Image

The +5 structure on the RT is nowhere near enough on any of the variants that get it, but better than being entirely quirkless I guess...

#65 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

RT has a tiny hitbox, the left will be what feels weak. Asymmetric mech like the Orion but more extreme.

#66 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

Any Hellspawn based events? I thought it'd be a thing now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users