What Is The Mech You Have The Most Fun Playing?

Gameplay

75 replies to this topic

#21 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

Summoner Dual-PPC. Zipping around in a confused heavy mech that can jump and spam er-PPCs forever(no min range, so youre lethal at any rance, no min distance to worry about.
Thing is insanely consistent. You'll throw up 600-700 damage in the thing easy.

I mean your legs will be blown apart from slamming into the ground all the time, but man is it a good time.

EDIT :also
- Wolfhound Grinner, 5k/d ratio before mastery I was at 11/kd but my teams last night decided to evaporate 2 minutes into many games last night....and well, I can only do so much against fresh mechs with my 25pt alpha.
- TBT-7M in dual MRM30 loadout
- The new Victor with AC20 +MRM40
- All my novacats.

Edited by Humpday, 07 December 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#22 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Shadow Cat with ECM, 2 SSRM4 (faster refire rate), 3 medium pulse lasers. It can just about dance with MASC, can pretty easily kill lights, and can dodge well enough to handle heavier mechs.

#23 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

View PostTheHurp, on 07 December 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

this is the 2 AC20 build, right? that one is pretty fun

Hell no. LB-20Xs for the mothertruck'n win!

Dual AC/20 and Dual UAC/20 are fun too, but nothing beats slamming 40 pellets into the enemy over and over and over and over again.

#24 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

Kingcrab with 6ac2's. It does not do massive alphas but getting sprayed with nonstop ac'2 makes people just loose their mind.

However my urbanmechs are tied with the crab for fun factor. Oh look its a cute little OH UNHOLY #(%**#*% that trashcan just killed me!

#25 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Th NSR-9S run as a poptart is memes and also quute entertaining.

#26 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

There are a few mechs that I really enjoy playing, but on the top of my list has to be the Urbanmech hero UM-K9 and the heavy ballistic Bushwackers (dual AC10s, dual RAC5s, dual LB10Xes).

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,814 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

locusts and urbies are the most fun for me.

#28 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,828 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

The most fun I have in a mech have to be 2xATM6 2xATM3 Timberwolf with 2x med pulses,the ultimate calvary mech experience I have on any mech. Just enjoy stalking my opponents around when I isolate a lone medium heavy or assault, and force them into my rules of engagement.

My runner ups is my Mad Cat MK II-2 with 2xlbx 10's and 4x srm6+artemis, not many things feel great when I walk up to a enemy a blast their torso off with 2 alpha's, and it's my current highest damage mech I had in sq.

#29 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

Of all time it has to be the Highlander 733C, the one with arm ballistics and torso energy all on the right side. Looking at my archived win loss stats I had about 80 games in it with 59 being wins, and a KDR of 4. I just love that Mech so much and it's a shame it doesn't perform quite so well anymore. But it's OK, since I have my Huntsman and Marauder IIC now both with enormous win rates... Maybe I will dig out the Highlander and see how it does, my opponents seem to be potatoes usually anyway.

#30 Phelan Boots

• Pip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

Mad Dog - Prime with 2x ATM12s, 4x Small Heavy Lasers, Light TAG, and an Active Probe. I focused on firepower and mobility and ignored survivability, so positioning is everything. Even so, the DPS is insane, I can often challenge assault mechs in a slug out. I’ve enjoyed it so much that I bought the Bandit and stripped all the unique omnipods off it.

#31 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

Legend Killer. Worth every penny I spent on it. And since I got it on sale, doubly so. I love running it with quad AC2s. It amazes me when people want to trade shots at long range with their LBX. Even if they're LBX20s, you're not winning!

I also love my Urbanmech with RAC5+2xERSmall. I use a similar build with my Ember Firestarter. Frankly it's more fun than building toward lasers and machine guns xD

Spider with a Snub PPC. It's tricky landing shots on targets that aren't moving much, let alone fast moving ones. But it's fun. If albeit hot. Wish they would lower the to 9.5 like the PPC.

#32 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

IS lights across the board are my favorite mechs, but the #1 has to be the FS9. I own 11 of them across three accounts, mastered all of them under the old system, and just checked stats - I've got 1,112 games in Firestarters. Next up would be Urbies, then ECM Raven 3L/Pirate's Bane/Commando 2D, then honorable mention to the Jenner, especially Sarah's variant (doesn't play as well as it used to after all the game changes, but it's still the best thing PGI ever did for real-life reasons).

#33 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Got my pxh-1b up and running again but with a 315 engine and lppcs all over it like an oversized heavy ppc, fun lil high speed poptart with some back up weapons to finish with :3

Edit: whoops got the mech letters backwards

Edited by Alex Morgaine, 07 December 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#34 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

MLX-G all the way.................. K/D ratio of 1.5 which is great for me.

4 er smalls, 8 light mac guns.

Drill holes with the Smalls and then goto work with the Mac guns. Even at 400-500 a passing 1-2 second burst to the side of a enemy can stop them brawling with the rest my team and start spinning wondering where I am, giving my team a few free shots or a chance to get away. Man I love the mech. If only it have ecm as well.

#35 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

I'm sure I'll get some grief for it, but I love my DarkDeath... like seriously. It may be my favorite. I may also need help...

#36 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,072 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Catapult c1. Tanks better than most assaults, moves quick and the quad mls are underestimated by the enemy. The lrms are pretty much meh with all the soft and hard counters but with all the matches I've had they can determine the out come of matches compared to the matches that were just laser vomit and snipers. Second mech would be the lct-1e. That one got me my aos and still can duel achs very well.

#37 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

View PostAsym, on 07 December 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

What Is The Mech You Have The Most Fun Playing?

The most FUN?? Very important that fun has NOTHING to do with performance or "GUD".

If I want to have fun? That would be my Locusts and Myst Lynx. Any of them. Don't always have good games with them, but its a sure way to get the blood flowing.
I also enjoy the Marauders and I actually manage to do well with the 3R generally.
I am only recently however learning the joy of the Bushwacker too. had pre-ordered them, left the game before they hit so I'm only now getting to play with them.

#38 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

THIS IS A TRICK DO NOT POST YOUR FAVOURITES PGI MAKING NERFLIST!!!

*conspericy theory*

Edited by Grus, 07 December 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#39 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostGrus, on 07 December 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

THIS IS A TRICK DO NOT POST YOUR FAVOURITES PGI MAKING NERFLIST!!!

*conspericy theory*

My most fun mech is the Deathstrike. Nothing but fun. Fun, Fun, and more fun. Boy howdy, I have never had more fun than when playing the Deathstrike.

#40 Storming Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

Wolfhound, night gyr, supernova, grasshopper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users