What Is The Mech You Have The Most Fun Playing?

Gameplay

75 replies to this topic

#41 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

This little guy is tons of fun. I've always liked the Commando since MW2 Mercs. It was my third purchase when I started MWO, right after the Locust and the Raven. The above build has been with me completely unchanged since 2014, and it still remains a solid workhorse for me today even though it may look anemic at first glance. The same cannot be said for my Locust or my Raven, as the build for both of those 'mechs has changed multiple times over the years.

Edited by Mole, 07 December 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#42 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

Probably Jenner-F. Although I like a lot of the Spider and Commando variants too.

#43 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 December 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

My most fun mech is the Deathstrike. Nothing but fun. Fun, Fun, and more fun. Boy howdy, I have never had more fun than when playing the Deathstrike.

Well, I mean its bar none the strongest mech in the game and the current king of the battlefield...till PGI nerfs it to oblivion....
Its closest rivals being its own Variants the MKII-B Uac5/10, and the MKII-1 with its 80pt alpha(just slower and longer burn time)...

edit, oh and the MKII-2 with lbs20s and asrm4/6

Edited by Humpday, 07 December 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#44 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

View Postocular tb, on 07 December 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Probably Jenner-F. Although I like a lot of the Spider and Commando variants too.

Jenner-F will always be my favorite.

#45 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Right now?

Hands down the Novacat Prime.

Prior to this bad-boy, the Rifleman -5D and way back, the Ilya...

But right now the Kitty Prime is my lurv-toy. Posted Image

#46 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 December 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

My most fun mech is the Deathstrike. Nothing but fun. Fun, Fun, and more fun. Boy howdy, I have never had more fun than when playing the Deathstrike.
is have to say the Assassin is my FAV mech in the game *minion* You don't have one sir** SILENCE! *Punts the minion* like I was saying the Assassin is bar none the best med mech in the game.. as long as there no streeks..

#47 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

I dont really have any mechs at this point that arent fun to play except the centurion(NCIX) which i got for free and cant get rid of, so pretty much everything is a matter of what im in the mood for at a given time.

That said, if i had to pick a single mech i enjoy the most, its gotta be the MAD-BH2. That thing is the single most overpowered piece of trash ive ever played in QP at least (obviously its not meta or anything due to short range), and 90% of games i play in it are 700 or more dmg (i get teh occasional screw up, but aside from that i do well even on the loosing side of a stomp). Current loadout is 1HGR, 6ERML, 1ERSL, and every bit extra into DHS. All the people on the forums crying about how the HGR is DOA and that STD engines suck, i have hard evidence proving the opposite to be the case. It has severe limitations yeah, but its the ONLY mech that does insanely well every game i p;ay it, so it has to have some merits...

#48 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Been enjoying the loyalty Victor with 2 uac10 and a uac5

#49 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

None of them, really

In solo queue you can lose even with a 1400 hard carry. If you take a "for fun" mech you can expect to lose even more. Even in stuff like the cougar you end up dealing with people in king crabs and atlases and whatnot that sit and hide behind you and treat your paper mech like it's just a walking armor quirk. Stomping pugs in a mad cat MK II or marauder IIC isn't much fun either, it's just a point and click adventure where you watch enemy players make bad decisions and make idiotic trades with you

In group queue you're much more limited because of tonnage restrictions, and when there are better premades on you generally want to be taking top tier mechs anyway, and right now that's just gauss vomit, laser vomit, and more gauss vomit. Bland bland bland

In comp you're taking the best of the best, and the selection of the best is a tiny sliver of all the mechs in the game that has grown even slimmer in pickings as the decent IS mechs fall out of favor and get nerfed

Faction warfare is faction warfare, no need to explain further.

#50 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

UM-R68 has fast become my go-to ride, it’s just too great to spew MRM’s while face tanking assaults.

#51 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

assassin because you can do batshit crazy stuff with it no other mech would survive

KDK3 chain firing makes me feel like I'm piloting battlestar galactica with the flak barrier (maneuverability is pretty similar too)

#52 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

k-9, the commandos and the pirates bane

#53 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 07 December 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

I dont really have any mechs at this point that arent fun to play except the centurion(NCIX) which i got for free and cant get rid of, so pretty much everything is a matter of what im in the mood for at a given time.

That said, if i had to pick a single mech i enjoy the most, its gotta be the MAD-BH2. That thing is the single most overpowered piece of trash ive ever played in QP at least (obviously its not meta or anything due to short range), and 90% of games i play in it are 700 or more dmg (i get teh occasional screw up, but aside from that i do well even on the loosing side of a stomp). Current loadout is 1HGR, 6ERML, 1ERSL, and every bit extra into DHS. All the people on the forums crying about how the HGR is DOA and that STD engines suck, i have hard evidence proving the opposite to be the case. It has severe limitations yeah, but its the ONLY mech that does insanely well every game i p;ay it, so it has to have some merits...

Funny I took it out today after randomly trying to find something to carry a heavy gauss that wasn't an immobile piece of Junk, and I don't have a Slepnir yet, and the Mauler is too immobile and squishy.

I run it with 7MLs and Hgauss, and just eat the ghost heat...which is like, nothing. 60point PP alpha.
After playing Clan energy so much, the beam duration of IS MLs is insanely short. Its so easy to plant all 60 of that damage to one spot.

Good build, I'm going to keep it like this. I was struggling with what to put on the stupid thing that wasn't already on the 6R variant, or so "alike" anything on the 6R.

Mech tanks really well, can be punished pretty hard and stay alive.

#54 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

I've always said, the Bounty Hunter II is one of the strongest IS Heavies in the game and, IMHO, easily better than any Warhammer. It's just so good at so many things. You can even run a standard Gauss version of that build, swapping the engine to a Light 295 and getting two LL in. 58 damage, more range, small trade-off in heat efficiency.

It's fantastic.

#55 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

For me, if it's not a Light of some kind, my go-to "fun" mech is the ON1-K Champion. Nothing better than taking a hike mid-battle(most QP players I run into, and even several group que players, have no issue with this, since the Orion in general is about as useful in a trade as a piece of sliced ham) and ending up in the rear lines of the enemy team with an LRM-boat within spitting distance.

#56 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

Most fun? Oh. That is hard. I have two fairly equal options, right now.

I have my beloved HMN MPLas boat, Shedim, which fulfills my medium needs more than adequately. Popwubbing, skirmishing at medium range, and supplying ample team utility all in one. This baby is a solid, reliable one that gets things done - often putting the team's assault mechs to shame in raw battlefield effectiveness.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fea390e223a9af1
Posted Image

Then we have my SHC, Haborym, retrofitted into a knife fighter. Under appreciated by allies and enemies alike. Very quickly comes to command their attention after it leaves a trail of disaster behind it. Extremely lethal, extremely mobile. My inner adrenaline junkie loves this mech with a burning passion.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...efd9cae532cc3e2
Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 December 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#57 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Lately, for the little I've been playing, my go-to 'Mechs have been (surprisingly for me) my Zeuses and especially my Jester, which I'm having a blast in with a dual HPPC build. I'm also having some fun with the loyalty Griffin and Urbie, which is less surprising, although I'm only just settling into either after an unusually rocky honeymoon... been in a bit of slump.

#58 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

Heavy mechs. mechs with 2xuac10.

Onion II, ebon jaguar, warhammer. Also roughneck for mrm, uac, medlas.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 07 December 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#59 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

View PostPhelan Boots, on 07 December 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Mad Dog - Prime with 2x ATM12s, 4x Small Heavy Lasers, Light TAG, and an Active Probe. I focused on firepower and mobility and ignored survivability, so positioning is everything. Even so, the DPS is insane, I can often challenge assault mechs in a slug out. I’ve enjoyed it so much that I bought the Bandit and stripped all the unique omnipods off it.

If you like ATM, then use Onion II with 2x UAC10, atm 9+9+3. Burst strikes of 103 for a 75 ton mech.

#60 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 07 December 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

None of them, really

In solo queue you can lose even with a 1400 hard carry. If you take a "for fun" mech you can expect to lose even more. Even in stuff like the cougar you end up dealing with people in king crabs and atlases and whatnot that sit and hide behind you and treat your paper mech like it's just a walking armor quirk. Stomping pugs in a mad cat MK II or marauder IIC isn't much fun either, it's just a point and click adventure where you watch enemy players make bad decisions and make idiotic trades with you

In group queue you're much more limited because of tonnage restrictions, and when there are better premades on you generally want to be taking top tier mechs anyway, and right now that's just gauss vomit, laser vomit, and more gauss vomit. Bland bland bland

In comp you're taking the best of the best, and the selection of the best is a tiny sliver of all the mechs in the game that has grown even slimmer in pickings as the decent IS mechs fall out of favor and get nerfed

Faction warfare is faction warfare, no need to explain further.

Man, it seems for you, win = fun.....

...Unfortunately you won't get too far with such attitude in this game, which has one of the most terrible balance.

Like, as you said correctly as "tiny silver of all mechs", the current competitive mechs are like about 6 of them (Hunche IIC, Supernova, Summoner, Cheetah, Wolfhound, and Night Gyr). With current state of the game you will get really tired and get boring with just handful of mechs listed here. And Cheetah is on its limited lifespan with machineguns, and once it is nerfed we literally have a single chassis for a competitive light mech. Yet, I play all of those terrible light mechs, from Panther to Cougar. Once you get rid of "competitive" tag, quite a lot of things give you some unique and interesting playstyle... even if they are really really bad.

I stopped playing for "win" for a long time ago. Dota 2 was my last attempt to play the game competitively, which brought only frustration, not fun.

Thus right now I play this game for..... fun really. So I bring my single UAC2 Mist Lynx, knowing I won't be doing any more than 300 damage due to limited ammo alone. But hey, I still do decent compared to other people in my team, so that's more than enough for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users