What Is The Mech You Have The Most Fun Playing?

Gameplay

75 replies to this topic

#61 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

My favorite mech is the Cougar not any one of the specific variants..my current is
<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=574&l=c3ff1d6d5d2cdd63f4483c795f7f5c551b1d83e3">COU-C</a>
dont mind the lack of armor. and there are 5 extra heatsinks.

Always fun. ^_^

Otherwise the raven 4x...with an AC20 lol!

#62 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

Urbies, HBK-IIC with MPLs, HBR with MPLs, MAD-IIC 9xMPL. Hmm, I'm seeing a trend there. I really like energy brawling.

#63 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

Right now.... ANH-1X or MRM80 IV4

Next week / Month... something different most likely.

#64 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 07 December 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

I stopped playing for "win" for a long time ago. Dota 2 was my last attempt to play the game competitively, which brought only frustration, not fun.

I started playing this game out of sheer curiosity a little more than a year ago... even at the lowest tier, playing to win usually just brings frustration. After all, this is a team game... and it is usually amazing to see some of the things your teammates do in game, both good and not-so-good. Having said that, I would rather participate in a closely and well-played loss than I would a stomp victory, on either side.

Back on topic, though... I haven't seen anyone mention them (nor do I see them in game often), but I am having quite a bit of fun with the Arctic Wolf, of all things. It is quick enough to get into and out of trouble most of the time, small enough to be overlooked at times, and brings a decent bit of firepower to the fray.

The Crab-27 with dual AMS... I had a blast getting that skilled up!

The Loyalty Kit Fox has been amazingly fun to run, as well, although I really can't put my finger on exactly why.

And finally, the Panther 10K, with dual snub PPCs and a Rocket Launcher. Because mayhem.

#65 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hard to say. I love multiple mechs for how versatile they are, how maneuverable they are or how good they fit a specific role.

The most fun piloting I have with a shadowcat on mascroids. Its insanely fun to just jump all over the place and masc jump almost as good as lights can. Super agile and a dream to run around with. As such - and being a clan tech medium - its the perfect sprinter. Like a cheetah or a wolf. You can really demolish lights with that. Or play as a sniper or a mix.

Combined with ecm thats one slick machine.

Imagining really cruising and jumping around with that thing....is like a wet dream.

Edited by oneda, 08 December 2017 - 12:53 PM.

#66 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

View Postoneda, on 08 December 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hard to say. I love multiple mechs for how versatile they are, how maneuverable they are or how good they fit a specific role.

The most fun piloting I have with a shadowcat on mascroids. Its insanely fun to just jump all over the place and masc jump almost as good as lights can. Super agile and a dream to run around with. As such - and being a clan tech medium - its the perfect sprinter. Like a cheetah or a wolf. You can really demolish lights with that. Or play as a sniper or a mix.

Combined with ecm thats one slick machine.

Imagining really cruising and jumping around with that thing....is like a wet dream.

Ah, I enjoy my Shadowcat too. I had a rough time at first with it, trying to run dual LPLs. It didn't work so well. I tried dual ERPPCs, and it was just too hot. Then I finally settled on 3 SRM6+ART and 2 ERMLs. MASC up to your target, splat, and MASC away. It worked great. Later, when civil war tech was released. I tried a Shadowcat with 2 HLL and 1 HML. I fell in love with it. It's what my Shadowcat runs to this very day.

#67 Braireos

• Pip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

I'm having a great time with my Panther 10P. It only has an LBX5 and SRM4, but it is a hoot to play. Often end up running out of ammo, but that's all good. . .

#68 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

My new Wolf hound 2 with 2ermed and 4med laser and my new Cicada with ECM, a rac2 and 4 med. They are just sweet and fun to play. Just bough an Assasin yesterday.. and you know it's fun too !

Right now my fun is in fast agile mech with some durability.

#69 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 08 December 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Right now my fun is in fast agile mech with some durability.

Same here... I am not only not great at piloting assault mechs, but I dislike how long it takes to get into position with most of them on so many maps. The Executioners at least have MASC capability, so that is one positive. But it is only one of a very few positives those walking buildings have going for them.

Oh, and the Shadowcat remarks from above are also very appropriate,IMHO. The SHC-B is my third best damage dealer overall in my limited inventory (which is somewhat medium-centric)... talking about it makes me want to take a break from skilling up mechs and go for a run!

#70 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Light mech? Urbie. Probably my basic r60 overall, though I haven't used my IS account enough lately to try out my Loyalty version much.

Overall? Still my Hunchback-4G.

Clan? Tough call, but the Nova Cat be topping my Mad Dog Prime, finally.

Might.

#71 rustyrat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Locust with 6ml

Its too fragile, but killing weak bots with 3ml + 3ml from full speed, good times!

#72 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

My favorite mech for just fun is Annihilator 1a, 4 ac10s, all the armor and Toho's Godzilla theme playing. :)

Edited by ccrider, 08 December 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#73 LittleGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

Love my Wolverines, though I haven't figured out a nice build for the 6R with the new tech yet. Not sure I want to run it with an XL as I tend to run it with an AC10 instead of the quirked 5(too much face time for me).

#74 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:32 AM

My most favourite since like a year ago is the one and only Centurion-YLW (2xML and 1AC20), hes tanky if you know how to spread the damage and even with just a meh build, AC20 is crazy if you can aim well especially the cockpit when your target engaged shutdown mode due to overheating Posted Image

And now, Im starting to love playing on some of these great and fun mechs:
  • Annihilator-2A (6xRAC-2, yes 6, I AM THE ANNIHILATOR!!!),
  • Ebon Jaguar (8xMPL or was it using ML, I forgot),
  • Urbanmech R86 (2xMRM10 and 3ML),
  • Jagermech (2xRAC-5 and 4ML),
  • Battlemaster (2LL, 3ML or 2ML, I forgot again and 1PPC on the right arm) and also!...
  • Direwolf (I dont have a go-to build, because Im always changing the build, sometimes I use 6xUAC5, sometimes I use something with energy weapon and ballistic and sometimes I go fullllll energy!).

#75 Kimchi4u

• Pip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

Okay, here we go...

Panther 9R with 2 snub nose Ppcs.

Locust 1E with 6 spl.

Maurader BH2 lasor style.

Any of the crabs, kings or otherwise.

#76 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:02 AM

Good Old "Evil Elmo."
My Stalker 5M with all the launchers I can cram in her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users