Sun Spider Pre-Order Is Here!

150 replies to this topic

#121 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

OK. Look neat. I've lots of Mechgames offer their own versions or new mechs through the MW and Mercs series. However, I would like to see more of the older IS models and some more IICs and line mechs from the lore. I will be logging into play on the 27th for a set of free mechs and other goodies.

#122 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 11 December 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'm debating whether or not I should have a serious reaction to this or mock you over it, because I was making the comparison as a joke.
[...]

So to get this straight, you throw trumpisms at me and when you realize that doesnt work you try to backpeddle? Sorry bro, for a joke you might have missed a smiley or two.

#123 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostThe Zohan, on 11 December 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

So to get this straight, you throw trumpisms at me and when you realize that doesnt work you try to backpeddle? Sorry bro, for a joke you might have missed a smiley or two.

... Man, you are being quite daft. Who hurt you?

Was literally a joke from the start. Sorry you didn't get it.

EDIT; Actually, here; Let me explain in detail. Because it was a joke, but thinking about it, I can see how you would be confused.

People on these forums tend to overinflate/disbelieve what others say with increasing frequency on these forums. Clans are overpowered, IS is overpowered, and so on and so forth, with anecdotal examples or just making self-fabrications. A similar thing is currently going on in United States politics; People are saying one side or the other is wrong, and cite examples that are portrayed differently based on the political leaning of their side, or state their own opinions.

The joke being, that PGI's forum-base tends to argue one way or another in a fashion that is similar to a political 'discussion', and is all the more stupid because of it. As for the Trump-isms, I don't understand what you mean. If pointing out that both sides of both arguments, both MWO and Politics-wise, are typically based upon the ideology as opposed to the reality of both sides, is a Trumpism-especially if placed forward in a way that is frankly quite neutral, and not, in fact, right-leaning-then sure, I used a Trumpism. Either way, I'm not sure why you say that like it's a bad thing.

EDIT II; Electric Boogaloo; Ah, so you're mad because I was agreeing with RaptorRage. Makes a lot more sense now. I didn't even know it was you he was responding to.

Edited by Catten Hart, 11 December 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#124 Dace Darkhunter

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

as if the Osiris isn't bad enough Posted Image , now you got a bigger Osiris Posted Image

#125 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 11 December 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Those hight torso mounts are nothing to sneeze at. I have seen lots of roughnecks in FP, filling niche roles (as most good mechs do).

My Catapults and Warhammers reveal similar amounts of 'Mech with better perks. My Thuds pack a bigger punch and have similar durability due to structure, shape, and agility.

I am not saying the RGH is bad, mind you, just that it's nothing great. It is competent, which I suppose should be praised when so many 'Mechs aren't even that. It just feels wrong to be praising what amounts to an overweight, ground-laden HBK-IIC-A.

#126 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostRaptorRage, on 10 December 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Yeah it's not like the makers of the BattleTech tabletop game published an entire 352 page rule book called Tech Manual for the sole purpose of providing construction rules for players to create their own custom Mechs or anything.

When's the last time you were able to build a custom 'mech in MWO? You can fiddle with weapons load-outs and armor and engines, but you can't build a 'mech from the ground up. If we could, all the tryhards would have six-AC/20 assaults running at 156 kph with ECM and more armor than an Atlas, with all their hardpoints on the tippy-top of the chassis.

#127 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostLanzman, on 12 December 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

When's the last time you were able to build a custom 'mech in MWO? You can fiddle with weapons load-outs and armor and engines, but you can't build a 'mech from the ground up. If we could, all the tryhards would have six-AC/20 assaults running at 156 kph with ECM and more armor than an Atlas, with all their hardpoints on the tippy-top of the chassis.

With JumpJets of course.

#128 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

MW games have been known to add non-canon mechs. This is nothing new.

Seems like folks are a few decades late to be bitching about it.

#129 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 09 December 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

So many [unhappy] in this thread

I don't remember what I wrote but it was far from uncivil, McValium.

#130 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostLanzman, on 12 December 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

You can't physically make a mech with any of those statistics with the construction rules. Ever.

The most attainable is 'More armor than an Atlas', and you need to get into experimental tech for that.

Edited by Catten Hart, 12 December 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#131 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

Exaggeration for effect.

#132 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostLanzman, on 12 December 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Exaggeration for effect.

Catten Hart's words echoed... Lanzman, there's a time and place for everything! But not now.

Nah, that's my bad.

Edited by Catten Hart, 12 December 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#133 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 12 December 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

MW games have been known to add non-canon mechs. This is nothing new.

Seems like folks are a few decades late to be bitching about it.

Actually... the Sun spider and the Roughneck are canon, as they've been deemed so by Jordan Weisman and etc. the guys actually creating/writing the lore. Sarna just doesn't deem anything canon until it's been in a TRO or Novel. I take the blessing of the creators of the game universe over a bunch of Grumpy Sarna.net mods any day.

Edited by Arkhangel, 13 December 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#134 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:15 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 13 December 2017 - 02:00 AM, said:

Actually... the Sun spider and the Roughneck are canon, as they've been deemed so by Jordan Weisman and etc. the guys actually creating/writing the lore. Sarna just doesn't deem anything canon until it's been in a TRO or Novel. I take the blessing of the creators of the game universe over a bunch of Grumpy Sarna.net mods any day.

They are for the MechWarrior universe, but not for the whole BattleTech franchise.

Catalyst Game Labs writes the lore for them, yes. That's where posts like this come from.

#135 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:57 AM

for now. give it time and both'll show up in Tabletop, TROs and Novels.

#136 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostFupDup, on 09 December 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I whipped up a spreadsheet of the mech's layout to make theorycrafting easier.

Posted Image

So... What's effective/usable pod space?

#137 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 13 December 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

So... What's effective/usable pod space?

Effective pod space doesn't count hardwired equipment (equipment you cannot remove - in this case 4 external DHS). Usable pod space already calculates that in.

#138 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

If only the ecm pod had an AMS mount too, then i could build a proper 70t Kitfox replacement... BTW this is a serious comment. Well as serious as any of the salt farmers in Larsh's group of friends get atlest.. :D

#139 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

View PostAethermech, on 13 December 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

If only the ecm pod had an AMS mount too, ... <snip>

... you would still be missing a third AMS hardpoint.

#140 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

This mech could have been meta with no locked DHS and 2E per ST. Oh wellPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users