Sun Spider Pre-Order Is Here!

150 replies to this topic

#41 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Fast, but it's going to be crit-crunched for a Clanner with Endo+Ferro standard. Cannot fit a DHS in either leg. Six hardpoints, maximum. If you wanted a faster Night Gyr, this might be for you. The -D is the only one that'll Gauss/PPC properly though, as the torso only has six spaces free- since they fail to note the engine crits in the ST for an XL engine.

#42 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Not worth pre-ordering, but should be a decent mech. Will be inferior to hellbringer and ebon jag though.

#43 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

artwork is great as usual. not terribly interested in the mech itself, though i’m kind of glad to see that it isn’t going to be just another laser vomit/dual gauss platform. would have been cool to see a variant with MASC, since we currently only have two MASC-capable heavies in the game, one of which is behind a paywall.

#44 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

Ugh, I don't like this thing at all. The Roughneck I liked, because it brought (modified) industrialmechs into the game and was plausible from a lore standpoint because of that. But the idea there's this heretofore unknown Clan omni suddenly existing (and showing up all over the place, as it will in MWO) is a bit much to swallow. Beyond that, the thing is pretty ugly and looks like it should be much lighter than 70 tons. Not impressed.

#45 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

View Postcougurt, on 09 December 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

artwork is great as usual. not terribly interested in the mech itself, though i’m kind of glad to see that it isn’t going to be just another laser vomit/dual gauss platform. would have been cool to see a variant with MASC, since we currently only have two MASC-capable heavies in the game, one of which is behind a paywall.
Problem is, if one had MASC, all would have to have MASC unless PGI broke omnimech construction rules.

#46 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Dem long shapely longs! They are going to need structure and armor quirks.

#47 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

This is queen of Aliens Locusts! Posted Image

Edited by Manei Domini Krigg, 09 December 2017 - 05:23 PM.

#48 clan hope

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

all im saying is wtf thats wasnt even voted for at all .. all i say is not pre ordering this or the black lanner ..

#49 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 09 December 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Problem is, if one had MASC, all would have to have MASC unless PGI broke omnimech construction rules.

couldn’t there just be a variant that has a pod with locked MASC, similar to how a number of omnimechs have pods with locked jump jets?

#50 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

Don't play clanners so don't care. Altho I'm making an exception for the Piranha, because come on, the Piranha!

As with the Roughneck, there's a ton of dearly wanted canon mechs not yet in the game, so let's have no more made-up POS mechs, please.

Edited by Lanzman, 09 December 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#51 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

i cant find any info on this thing on sarna, anyone know if it goes under a different name?

#52 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

View PostSovietArmada, on 09 December 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

i cant find any info on this thing on sarna, anyone know if it goes under a different name?

It's a mech made-up by PGI, so it's not on Sarna (yet).

#53 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostSovietArmada, on 09 December 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

You wont find anything cause it is not a BT mech. It doesnt exist in lore. They "invented" it, just like the Roughneck.

#54 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 09 December 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

If you read the post the guys isn't complaining about spending money or pre-ordering at all. He/she much like me are making PGI aware that the mechpack format is the issue...its dated and unnecessary and is in as much need of being updated as the skilltree was (even if our new skill tree isn't 100% perfect, the old one was very lacking). Its not about "paying", not for me anyhow...its about wanting to support the game but having to buy things I don't want/need to do so. And providing feedback that you may not like or agree with is not "whining"...but you complaining about people freely expressing their opinions in an open forum IS whining. People are entitled to their opinions and are allowed to express them in a polite, professional manner (as the person did)...but you don't have to like or agree with it

I did not complain about anyone "expressing their opinion" I just posted a counter-opinion. I am not a thin-skinned, perpetually offended person, like many on the internet, I speak my mind and occasionally provide useful feedback/information.

Edited by Ed Steele, 09 December 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#55 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostThe Zohan, on 09 December 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

You wont find anything cause it is not a BT mech. It doesnt exist in lore. They "invented" it, just like the Roughneck.

Inventing Mechs is OK, there have been rules for making custom mechs in TT for years, so I do not see any issue with PGI making Mechs. Actually HBS and Catalyst usually end up making the PGI Mechs canon anyway, so there is no issue. Again, like I have said in previous posts, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

#56 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

I'm very very sorry but this mech is so ugly I don't even think its mother could love it.

Below is good looking mecs
Posted Image

or
Posted Image

Edited by KahnWongFuChung, 09 December 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#57 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 09 December 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

I'm very very sorry but this mech is so ugly I don't even think its mother could love it.

Below is good looking mecs
Posted Image

or
Posted Image

Would love to see the Hatamoto-shi or the thug, they were my favorite assault in mw2 Mercenary.

#58 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts
  • LocationYour moms house

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Ok, so you have a set up for the community to vote for new mechs and what not, then you go and have some made up P.O.S. take the place of what the community actually wants. While I will give some credit for creativity and bringing something new to the table (beautiful design, btw), but you're really spitting in the eye of the Clan player core.

At 70 tons, this mech doesn't really bring anything new to Clan drop decks. While it does have more dakka (points there, too) at the end of the day I think I would still rather bring either a EBJ or a TBR to faction play and, with our drop deck weight restrictions, that's where we need the most help.

While the Piranha is going to be a fantastic addition to the clan roster, both the Black Lanner and Sun Spider are little more than lip service filler mechs to keep Clanners from complaining about their lack of available chassis. A better choice for the Black Lanner would have been the Pouncer (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Pouncer) which, at 50 tons, would have actually been viable in scouting. This last failed abortion would have been much better off being replaced by a Phoenix Hawk IIC that would have filled a serious hole in Clan drop decks for faction (only 80 ton mech we have isn't worth bringing).

Short and sweet is, if you're going to claim to be here for the BATTLETECH community and provide a game for BATTLETECH fans, quit telling them to "Go **** yourselves" after YOU ASKING for their opinions and them giving you honest answers. Quit feeding the lowest common denominator of frankly unwanted CoD Jockies, who never would have even know about this franchise if not for the steam release, and start living up to your promises to the real heart of the MWO community.

P.S. WHERE IS MY ******* HAG?!?!?!??!

Edited by TheMightySpin, 09 December 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#59 clan hope

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

i like the look of it and i give pgi a thumbs up for making a mech from scratched is the **** .... but its not viable to the clans in my eyes with all the nerfs u have done to the clans same with the black lanner but thumbs up to the design team

#60 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Redneck v2, bleh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users