152 replies to this topic

#101 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, i am grateful for this generous event.
But i doubt it would happen without a wish to count how many active players is still here...I just hope the answer is "a lot", and MWO is still kicking.

#102 Jaeger Hunter

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:27 PM

THIS IS AWESOME, THANK YOU PGI!! IGNORE THE BAWL ASSES THAT ARE BEING NEGATIVE, THE REAL FANS TRULY APPRECIATE IT!!!

#103 Darkwing_Duck

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:36 PM

THank you PG!

#104 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

TY PGI :)

#105 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

Sorry if its already been asked but is there a minimum match score requirement etc?

Only ask because on that day i'll only likely have access to potato internet and computer for about ten to fifteen minutes. I don't want to have to be that guy who just about drops into a match tickle someone with a laser and that's it.

#106 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

@Mad: no, it's just "do a match" win or lose. you just have to play one. on the 27th.

#107 Rabidhare

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

Fantastic Thanks and Merry Christmas to you Also...Posted Image

#108 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

When do the stockings start ?

#109 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the presents PGI

#110 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 14 December 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

When do the stockings start ?

The upcoming Holiday Stocking Stuffer will begin on 2017-12-20 @ Start Of Day UTC Time Zone... The available Bonus will show up just a little over halfway through during that period. :)

~Mr. D. V. "Does this answer your question?" Devnull

#111 PSRisMEANINGLESS

Rookie

• The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Completely and utterly awesome! Thanks Russ and PGI! You just made my Christmas! 8-)

#112 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

Thank you PGI Awesome presents
Posted Image

#113 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

Well, everyone, I just caught up with this thread. Either someone read my suggestion (@ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/260150-holiday-bonus-loadout-info/page__view__findpost__p__5971045) and decided to use it, or I managed to predict PGI's choice of 36-Hour Window. How often does that happen? :blink:

Well, I gotta give them a +5.0 for making it 36 Hours, instead of just 24, so that's now an Event Review Rating of...

25.0/10

...and a positive note to my mental 'book' for the future. B)

~D. V. "I think this Holiday Bonus only gets more awesome..." Devnull

(p.s.: I could only hint and tease that adding 12 more hours might be more awesome.)

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Link... Oops!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 17 December 2017 - 02:02 AM.

#114 MedivalJ

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Just for clarification, the event is: complete a match, with a minimum score of 50, anytime within a 36-hour period from Dec 26th (4 p.m.) to Dec 28th (4 a.m.) to be eligable for 25 loot bags, 3 days of premium time, 3 million c-bills, 1,250 MC and 2 hero mechs.

Correct?

Edited by MedivalJ, 17 December 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#115 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

they just said: log in and play one match.... nothing else. Play one match.nothing said bout win/loose or bout match score just play 1 match

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 18 December 2017 - 03:38 AM.

#116 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:08 AM

50 Match Score minimum is pretty standard. I think it's more or less understood (for example, they never explicitly said you had to do it for each account that you wanted the award for, but that's also implied).

#117 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostMedivalJ, on 17 December 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Just for clarification, the event is: complete a match, with a minimum score of 50, anytime within a 36-hour period from Dec 26th (4 p.m.) to Dec 28th (4 a.m.) to be eligable for 25 loot bags, 3 days of premium time, 3 million c-bills, 1,250 MC and 2 hero mechs.

Correct?

View PostMighty Spike, on 18 December 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

they just said: log in and play one match.... nothing else. Play one match.nothing said bout win/loose or bout match score just play 1 match

<<<image from https://mwomercs.com/static/img/news/media/142ffcc6495744973577ea92ea6d43e2.png>>>

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 18 December 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

50 Match Score minimum is pretty standard. I think it's more or less understood (for example, they never explicitly said you had to do it for each account that you wanted the award for, but that's also implied).

Everyone, I think the "50 Match Score" is there for two reasons...
  • Very likely, there is a Technical Limitation in the current New Events System. Someone probably didn't set up a metric for "Just Play ### Matches" as an option in the system. So, they had to use the "Get ### Match Score in ### Matches" metric instead, as that's likely a quote-unquote 'Lowest Common Denominator' option at this time.
  • Also of note, if you really are trying to play the match, then 50 Match Score should just happen on its' own. Heck, you should come out of a match with a lot more in most cases. So this additional hidden requirement of 50 Match Score that some are worried about is simply to prevent AFK'ers from trying to quick-farm the Holiday Bonus, as well as make anybody who's drowsy have to wake up and play or go get some rest! I think we can agree that keeping a small toxic portion of players from using the rest of us as their 'stepping stone' is reasonable?
...but at least we have 36 Hours to try and get it, so the likely chance of someone not getting this (unless Real Life has flatly blocked you) is near zero. Maybe it would help a few Time Zones if they provided at least 12 More Hours to try and do this Holiday Bonus Challenge, but other than that, I think Queue Times will be very short on that day. It should be easy to complete this. B)

~Mr. D. V. "PGI just hit a Technical Issue, but more than 50 Match Score should just happen anyway." Devnull

#118 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 December 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

[...]

[quoting me in his reply]
Everyone, I think the "50 Match Score" is there for two reasons...
[...]
~Mr. D. V. "Hey, who put these words here?!" Devnull

Dev, just wanted to clarify that we are in agreement here Posted Image

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 19 December 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#119 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

Wow! You guys are starting to do things to gather up players. It is about time. Stop the grind and let the player base have fun with all the cool toys. Grow Player Base = Lower DA Grind

#120 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 20 December 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Wow! You guys are starting to do things to gather up players. It is about time. Stop the grind and let the player base have fun with all the cool toys. Grow Player Base = Lower DA Grind

Having nothing to work for will make players get bored very quickly. I do think that PGI should make an "Arcade" mode though for all the players who thing x or y is too hard in regular MWO.

The "Arcade" mode should:

- Have two pre-configured "Meta Mechs" available (one IS and one Clan) for each weight class and these Mechs would be fully levelled with the optimal skills for their builds and can be played for free (no Mech Bay or grind required).

- Have aim-assist, cone of fire, 3rd person view, no head hitboxes, 4* armor.....all the crutches.

- Only have randomly selected "cold" maps in the rotation.

- No pre-made teams would be allowed and a strict tier system should be employed that updates you tier after every game.

- Should be monetized by letting players "unlock" other pre-configured Mechs for less than $10 a Mech a well as by selling one-shot (will remain equipped until changed) cosmetics for about $1 or so per item.

- Should have enough categories in the leaderboard so that every player can be at the top of one category and feel special.

- Should have very loud / bright notifications that go off in-game for kills/assists/capping/kill-streaks/missed shots....

And then the rest of us can just play regular MWO without having to hear about how x or y is too difficult, or too expensive and is driving away player or killing the game....

Edited by Ed Steele, 20 December 2017 - 12:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users