Holiday Bonus Loadout Info

152 replies to this topic

#61 Hestan

• PipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:56 AM

Very nice and generous of PGI. Both of the new hero mechs are unique as well. Had to check the hardpoints, the sun spider version isn't Manul and the other isn't Reaver.

The limited time may be tricky to get a game in at that time. Take a laptop or have a friend log in for you.

#62 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

I just figured out that the Sun Spider is MWO exclusive Clan mech..

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sun_Spider

#63 Atrak

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

What a nice surprise, Happy Holidays PGI!

#64 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:38 AM

This is a good way to say " we love our mechwarriors, enjoy the game"

thank you PGI <3

#65 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:44 AM

Prediction time: there is going be a few salty posts on the 28th from people that couldn't get a match in.

I don't know if I'll be able to, probably yes.

But still, why set it up for x-mas cheer 404 with such a narrow window rather than something like ten matches anytime in ten days.

#66 Haazheel IIC

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:29 AM

Oh nice one PGI, Thank you! I m looking also forward to the new stuff in 2018, Solaris map is a good opener for mw5 merc, all mercs start at solaris somehow ;)

#67 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:48 AM

Curious with the Sun Spider gift hero, to have access to the Prime,A, & B omni pods, will we need to have bought the pack? Or will they be be opened up to the hero owners?

#68 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

View PostCK16, on 11 December 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

Curious with the Sun Spider gift hero, to have access to the Prime,A, & B omni pods, will we need to have bought the pack? Or will they be be opened up to the hero owners?

I'm pretty sure you'll either have to wait for the MC/CB release or buy the pack, if you want parts from other configs.

#69 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostRighter8, on 10 December 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Holy Crap. Best present I'll likely get this year. Thanks!Posted Image

That's just what I was gonna type: Holy Crap!

#70 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:44 AM

holly moly. guess iam gonna make a serius effort to be able to log in that day. cheers!

#71 JD Wack

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:17 AM

Whoa! Whoa-whoa-whoa!!! This looks too good to be true. One match on 27th and all those goodies are secured? Stuffed stockings and millions of C-bills, three-day premium time? 1 2 5 0 MC's?!? TWO hero mechs, one of which is a brand new chassis?? Aaaaah git outta 'ere!

Edit: Clicking the tab within the game links to the MechCon Camo-pattern and not the Holiday Bonus. Just remembered having recollected myself a bit. Awesome X-mas present. Awesome. Guaranteed to make an equally awesome spike in active playerbase that dayPosted Image

Edited by JD Whack, 11 December 2017 - 07:22 AM.

#72 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

PGI, thank you for thr chance for some great stuff, will do my best to get in a match on Dec 27th!

#73 Sir Maverick

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

All i have to do is the same that i do every single day?? Holy ****!!!

#74 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

Thanks a lot PGI, simply the bomb. 4th page of the thread and (almost) no naysayers speaks for itself. Happy holiday Posted Image

#75 T54ever

• PipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the alps

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

Thx a lot PGI! Big X-Mas gift!

Cheers

#76 BrotherEJ

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:06 AM

Best F2P game anywhere.

#77 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

Super nice

#78 Lu22X

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

Damn awesome PGI

What's a stocking stuffer click though? Apologies if this is a stupid thing to ask

#79 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:05 AM

Okay... <*reads thread, hands out a [beep]-load of '+Like's*> ...I was about to head In-Game, and then I saw this thread. I'm going to remain quietly ecstatic, because while I'm normally a sharp critic (with, strangely, absolutely no sense of entitlement whatsoever) who's constantly trying to provide PGI with feedback on how Events can get better, this particular Special GiveAway Event is something that totally breaks my Review Rating Meter. How much? Well, I think a...

20.0/10 (I would color this in Purple with a White Background, but this Forum's Posting System won't let me!)

...is the only way to properly say it. This big a gift is downright AWESOME!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and Holiday Bear Hugs (Yes, slight pun on my being a Ghost Bear currently) to the PGI Staff, particularly Matt Newman (The poster of this awesome News), for doing this! :D

Frankly, if anyone's whining, they really need to get over theirselves. My only hope is that Future Events won't be hurt by this somehow. :huh:

Anyway, on to a pack of quotes that caught my eye, and/or already said something before I got here that I thought of before reading them...

View PostBuenaventura, on 10 December 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

While I should be able to play a match any time on the 27th, how about starting this event when the 27th starts anywhere in the world (UTC-12h) and ending it when the last minute of the 27th anywhere else have passed (UTC+12h)? Yes, that would give everyone 48h instead of 24h to complete the requirements. But in the spirit of the season. Posted Image

View PostVee Vee, on 10 December 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Given the time of year a generous interpretation of the 27th would be appreciated so people can get in a drop around family commitments. Even if I don't get time to participate thanks PGI. Cool Christmas present.

View PostGenesis23, on 11 December 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

absolutely awesome PGI, but how will you do that with the timezones? i guess for europeans it would mean a match 28th early evening to qualify?

Good thoughts, all three of you. This captured a lot of my thoughts before I arrived to post on this thread. If my bet is correct, then PGI is trying to do a Stress Test of the Live Game Servers just before the end of the year. In order to do that right, there would need to be up to a 48-hour window of time, just in case of any mishaps that could occur. Otherwise, this Special GiveAway Event would be completely cut short and interrupted by an unwanted Server Crash. PGI's best shot for limiting to a 36-Hour Window? Using 24-Hour Notation, my opinion would be to Start it on...
  • 2017-12-26 @ 12:00 (UTC - 12:00)
  • 2017-12-26 @ 16:00 (UTC - 08:00)
  • 2017-12-27 @ 00:00 (UTC +/- 00:00)
  • 2017-12-27 @ 12:00 (UTC + 12:00)
...and End it on...
  • 2017-12-28 @ 00:00 (UTC - 12:00)
  • 2017-12-28 @ 04:00 (UTC - 08:00)
  • 2017-12-28 @ 12:00 (UTC +/- 00:00)
  • 2017-12-29 @ 00:00 (UTC + 12:00)
...which should give a Perfect time frame for Everyone. I know it's possible that PGI's idea will differ from mine, but I'm not going to be mad over it. This info is just provided as a suggestion... maybe even as a possible prediction of Start/End times that they could use. ;)

View Postzzoxx, on 11 December 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Thanks a lot PGI, simply the bomb. 4th page of the thread and (almost) no naysayers speaks for itself. Happy holiday Posted Image

View PostKodyn, on 11 December 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

I may be salty 98% of the time, but even I have to acknowledge the awesomeness of this.

Well done PGI, very well done, and much appreciation. More than makes up for any recent event failings.

Hey, you two... Frankly, there should absolutely NOT be any 'naysayers' here. It's actually kind of aggravating that there would be anyone posting that way on this particular thread. I mean, sure, people have a right to their opinions, but it is really cold and rude for anyone to be that way towards PGI on this big of a Special GiveAway Event. That's like being a jerk and saying "Bah, Humbug!"... Sad, huh? :(

View PostLu22X, on 11 December 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Damn awesome PGI

What's a stocking stuffer click though? Apologies if this is a stupid thing to ask

Your question is NOT stupid, and I would pity someone that would act like it was. ^_^

There should be a Stocking Stuffer Holiday Gift Event coming up. During that, it will basically be "During a Match, get 100 Match Score, and Earn a Loot Bag", to which you'll then have a 'Stocking Stuffer Click'... Managing to play during the particular indicated Special GiveAway Event Period, however, will net you a handy 25 of those in one go. B)

~Mr. D. V. "HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE... Particularly PGI!" Devnull

#80 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

wow....i hope i dont have to celebrate chrismas with my family that day :D :D :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users