Any Decent Loadouts For Annihilator?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Bersercker

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:15 AM

So decided to get one of these seeing as they are now available for c-bills, but have no idea what to do with it now.

The super low speed makes the brawler loadouts kinda questionable, so i was thinking something like a long range fire support and ended up with this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2c2b66eec08a57f

Didn't try it yet though due to running out of c-bills, so not sure how viable that will be(probably not very).

Currently running with 2 heavy gauss and 6 er med lasers and getting slaughtered.

Another possibility is 4 lb10-x, but my mauler already has these and is likely superior due to better speed and weapon placement.

Was also considering 2 uac 10, 2 uac5 but not sure if its worth it.

My main issue with the annihilator ofc is its low speed which leads to it being often left behind by the friendly nascar and quickly getting overwhelmed by enemy nascar.

So is the annihilator good for anything?

Edited by Bersercker, 06 December 2017 - 06:20 AM.

#2 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:20 AM

Paint it grayish-green and keep your anni as a pet godzilla...

#3 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

2x HGR plus a bunch of ERMLs works wonders.

2x MRM40s plus a bunch of ERMLs also works wonders.

2x RAC5s plus a bunch of ERMLs does decent work but is a little finicky.

4x LGR plus a bunch of ERMLs gives you some pretty good rapid-fire extreme-range poke. Fire them in pairs, using the variant with 2x ballistics in each ST.

2x UAC20s plus a bunch of ERMLs doesn't do the job as well as a King Crab running the same build, but isn't bad, and you can run in on the variant with no LAA.

As for using the thing, you have to use comms to make sure your team doesn't screw you. If you don't, or if your team doesn't pay attention, then if more than three enemies catch you you're probably done. Three or fewer you might well be able to win if you are a good shot and know how to take hits. Also, you'll be wanting to max the +armor skill nodes, get enough of the anchor turn and turn speed nodes that you can actually track targets up close, and I recommend going deep enough into sensors to get full Radar Dep and Seismic.

#4 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:58 AM

https://www.reddit.c...lator_emperium/

Cybercobra's got most of the viable builds covered, plus a few non-viable ones.

The 'winners' seem to be UAC/5x5 (The 'meta' one) and LB-60X (The fun one).

Edited by Bombast, 06 December 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#5 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:20 AM

How to build an Annihilator?

- 6 class 2 ACs (not LBX)
- 4-6 Class 5 ACs (not LBX)
- 4 class 10 ACs
- 2-4 class 5 ACs & 2 class 10 ACs
- Gauss (in the arms)
- PPCs or lasers to taste

#6 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

View PostBersercker, on 06 December 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

The super low speed makes the brawler loadouts kinda questionable, so i was thinking something like a long range fire support and ended up with this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2c2b66eec08a57f

Maybe on the ANH-1P instead? (Alt. version)

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

I think my favorite one so far is 2xUAC10, 2xRAC2, 2xMPL. I also run another with 2xUAC10, 2xLPL, 4xLMG. ... What can I say? I love the UAC10.

Edited by Escef, 06 December 2017 - 07:41 AM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

cram it full of guns, max engine, max armor, spec for mobility, armor and you will have a good time.

#9 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

I'm finding most builds that it can run can also be run on a Mauler but with more speed. I guess the Anni gets more armor to make up for it at least, but an even bigger target painted on it.

#10 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

I do this: ANH-1A

It works well for me. But I'm literally the only person I've ever seen do this.

#11 Bersercker

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

Thanks for the tips, i liked the 5 uac5 and 6 ac2 ones the most (wouldn't the 6 ac2 be better in most cases?). Mauler can pack that too though.

#12 RoadblockXL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:51 AM

I bought a ANH-2A, run it with 2xHGauss, and 2xSnub-Nose PPC for maximum PPFLD.

Play it slow and sneaky. Hide behind corners or poke out very slowly, then shoot the first mech you see in half cause you have the firepower to do that in one shot.

Edited by RoadblockXL, 06 December 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#13 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostBersercker, on 06 December 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

Thanks for the tips, i liked the 5 uac5 and 6 ac2 ones the most (wouldn't the 6 ac2 be better in most cases?). Mauler can pack that too though.

I wouldn't do AC/2s on an Annihilator. Every time I have a run into the path of an Annihilator in a medium and made it out without losing a limb, its been because the Annihilator was boating AC/2s or LB-2Xs.

AC/2 boating is fun. I do it from time to time on a Jagermech. But the Annihilator can and should do better.

#14 So You Say

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

The Anni is a tough chassis. Due to its terribly slow torso movement getting your torso mounted weapons on target can be challenging. On the other hand the arm mounted weapons are low slung and if your not careful as to when you take them, your shots will go into the ground. I consider the ANH-1E the most awkward of the std chassis. I have however found a build that works somewhat well once you know how to pilot the chassis. This is a std engine build so you can go zombie with it. However you do not want to push alone in this or any other anni build. Go in with the rest of the team and user your arm mounted weapons to destroy damaged components. It sports dual ballistic AMS to negate LRM and ATM file. You have a 50 damage left right punch with another 10 in the CT that recycles quickly. Go full survival and cooldown skills with some weapon tree focus on range. Take at least one coolshot. Mobility is bad in the anni and the skill tree wont make it much better so don't invest too heavily. Since the majority of your weapons are on the arms the twist rate doesnt matter as much.

ANI-1E build

#15 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Ive had a lot of fun yesterday in a 4xAC10 -1A, 6xLB5X -2A and 4LB10X+5ERSL -1X. All those build create next to no heat because the last thing i want in an Anni is to have to look away or try to find cover(you cant do either). 4xAC10, when fired 2-2 on a 1A with -17.5% cooldown means 20 pinpoint damage every second for as long as you have ammo.

Your biggest threat is terrain because anyone higher(or lower) than you have a good chance to be shielded from everything in your arms and fast assault can actually poke you to death if you stand still(hpg can be a nightmare with so bas hardpoint placement/cockpit). The insane disconnect from the arms and cockpit level was my main concern when i first saw it and it really is a huge drawback no other mech has as bad. You cant stop moving forward. Some games youll do 200damage (when you're the first one out) and others youll do 900+ without breaking a sweat. Playing a slow assault is highly dependant of where your team will take you on the map because youll be chasing after them the first part of the game.

Edited by DAYLEET, 06 December 2017 - 02:38 PM.

#16 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

6 AC5 is pretty soild too

sure, its only a 35 damage alpha - but its PPFLD without ghost heat and the cooldown is short - just slug a few volleys to the same component and watch them fly off

Also can do a 4 AC10 build that works well too

Edited by Gristle Missile, 06 December 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#17 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

x4 LB10X is fun

so is x3 AC10, x1 LB10X

#18 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

@Dayleet: What engine you running on that quad AC-10? I dropped the forth for a PPC and a 295 STD. I am thinking about using a LFE and adding back the AC-10 but I don' want to commit yet because I have endo equipped.

#19 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

I checked what I have on mine at the moment.
The 1A has double RAC/5 double Gauss, the 1E has triple LPL triple ERLL, he 2A has double heavy Gauss double LL double ERML.

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:05 PM

2xRAC5, 4xac2.

It's a firehose of hate and usually good for about 1k. You get a few seconds of 36 DPS with skill tree and 14 DPS inbetween.

O step the engine down 1 step to get 1 more ton of ammo, cuz it's like 1 kph and you're slow as ballz anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users