Mwo Holiday Events

360 replies to this topic

#41 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

After losing my cool grinding my way to that Atlas on the last event... never again, just isn't worth the stress. That event burned me out streak scouting for match score.

#42 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostDaggett, on 15 December 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

I agree that so many matches are a lot. But this time the grand prize is no special variant with 30% bonus which can't be obtained otherwise as far as i have seen. Those seem to be just normal mechs worth between 3.8 and 14 million cbills (and much less when sold) + a mechbay worth 150mc. Or did Matt forgot to add the juicy (L) appendix to the listed mechs?

While this is a nice bonus if one plays that many matches it is not that much of an incentive to grind so hard especially through modes one does not like. Posted Image

(L) mechs are nice, but for those with no interest in these, they can just sell the most expensive one and keep the mechbay.... can't do that with loyalty mechs...

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 15 December 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

After losing my cool grinding my way to that Atlas on the last event... never again, just isn't worth the stress. That event burned me out streak scouting for match score.

Well yeah, b/c that is not the most efficient way to accomplish it. ;)

#43 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:33 PM

Please stop making events depending both on quick and faction games. I for ones going to skip this one.

#44 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

(L) mechs are nice, but for those with no interest in these, they can just sell the most expensive one and keep the mechbay.... can't do that with loyalty mechs...

True, but knowing that i can get those few million cbills and 150mc much easier through other events i think the grind/loot ratio on this one is not worth the effort.

For example i just need to play a single match on the 27th to get the cbills and more than 8 times the mc i would get from grinding and selling the mech prize. Or i play three advent dailies to get the 150mc for the mechbay. Posted Image

Edited by Daggett, 15 December 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#45 Richard Schlapp

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 15 December 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

The Tournament Supporter Pack is no longer for Sale so stay tuned for next years pack!

So the next one will be available in early January, right? ;P I'd even pay $20 or $30 for it if it was.

#46 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostRichard Schlapp, on 15 December 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

So the next one will be available in early January, right? ;P I'd even pay $20 or $30 for it if it was.

A longer sale time would surely also mean a bigger pot for the players to win. Profit for everyone.

#47 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostRapidRewind, on 15 December 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'm not going to fight to get that 250 match score, not if it requires 25 minute faction warfare matches, on top of the wait time. I don't have 41+ hours to spend this holiday season with work and family. There's not a single mech on that list that's worth the hassle. I'm already burnt out from the last big event like this. I'm also wanting to take a break but cannot. PGI stuck me with 60 days premium time from the Osiris and another 60 from the Hellspawn. I'm no longer going to preorder any packs because of that. I'm not losing money because you offer a premium time incentive then force tired players to keep playing by instantly activating it. That's how people like me leave and never want to come back.

I think PGI went to the Active Premium time as incentive to get players to play more or buy more Premium time. It actually works the opposite for me. I had 60 days of Active Premium time burn off with me only playing about 5 days during that whole period. Now, if I order something with Active Premium time attached to it, it just deters me from logging in that first time which will activate it because I feel like it will just go to waste. Therefore, I sometimes go months without logging in on my main account. I have only bought a Mech with Banked Premium time or Heroes with no Premium time at all on my other account.

#48 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 15 December 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Same here. I almost went crazy farming for that NTG-Prime, and the mech wasn't even that worth it.

#49 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

Question for PGI: Why are the MSR requirements set like they are? 150 in QP is trivial, but 250 FP is a colossal pain in the butt unless you're in a big team in Invasion, or abusing either weapons or teams in Scouting

Edited by Bombast, 15 December 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#50 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

Challenge accepted! Goodbye private life! Hello MWO!!!

#51 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

I am extremely annoyed that I will have to play 100 quickplay games. I despise quickplay. If I never was in another quickplay match, that would be fine by me.

I wish we could just do 100 factionplay games instead. 100 invasions in two weeks? No problem at all.

#52 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

250 CW match score? I didn't need that free mech anyway.

#53 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

This years grand prize is pretty nice (even if you already have the (L) version of any or all of these mechs)...it is for sure a lot better than a cockpit item! The match score requirement is a bit high for FP/CW (specially since there still is nothing to prevent 12 mans from dropping against and sealclubbing 12 random pugs). I'm honestly OK with not getting this years grand prize nor am I even going to try...because in its current state and with this match score requirement even if we got 5 lootbags per FP/CW game and even if the grand prize was all 6 of those mechs, it still wouldn't be enough to get me to play FP/CW again. Good luck to all those who will try and Thanks for the event PGI!

PS: early December C-Bill mech sale when? 15 days into a month isn't really early in the month anymore Posted Image

#54 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 15 December 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

PS: early December C-Bill mech sale when? 15 days into a month isn't really early in the month anymore Posted Image

It just started without an announcement.

https://mwomercs.com...35#entry5975835

#55 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

MC price for the hero mechs is 35% off. I don't know the regular MC or CB prices for the non hero mechs, but since the hero mechs with the same weight also cost the same, that was easy to compare.

Mechs selection is sparse, though. Would be nice to know if it cycles through some more chassis in the next days.

#56 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

I am just saying different rules for scouting vs invasion is all.

but it's so easy to get 250+ match score in scouting, and invasion?

View PostEiswolf, on 15 December 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

150 MS is easy enougth in QP so i think it isnt unfair when in FP is the MS 200.

When New Players cant recive the 250 MS in FP they will not make any Invasion Matches so no new blood comes to FP... its my opinion.

Not like new players listen, at least in this game. It's quite toxic.

#57 Myndflayer

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationThe Upside Down

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

Please... just... stop... with the Solo Kill events, even a single day for 1 of them is pointless.

I managed to get ~20 KMDD's but was kill-stolen by teammates before I finally got my one Solo Kill, which by game standards is fine because I have no problem with teammates securing a kill since it typically also secures a drop win as well.

But having to play that many matches for just 1 Solo Kill to get, what, 50MC?

As Homer would say, that is just.... st-oo-pid.

PGI - stop it, please. Just... no, stop it. KMDD is sufficient.

End of line.

#58 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Free mech for the stocking stuffer?

I'm just returning after a couple of years, it appears that all of those ones from the stocking stuffer event were limited time mechs. Is that correct?

While I do like my Blackjacks I don't know if I could pass up a Stalker with ECM. Those clan mechs have unique omnipods but they don't look particularly great.

#59 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

View PostIllCaesar, on 15 December 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Free mech for the stocking stuffer?

I'm just returning after a couple of years, it appears that all of those ones from the stocking stuffer event were limited time mechs. Is that correct?

While I do like my Blackjacks I don't know if I could pass up a Stalker with ECM. Those clan mechs have unique omnipods but they don't look particularly great.

I actually own multiples of the 3FB stalker.... it is very versatile

#60 AlbertoT16

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

I currently do not own any of the mechs of the grand prize. So, when picking the mech, should I base my decision on performance or the regular price of the mech? Recommendations/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

PS: Thank you PGI AGAIN!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users