• LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Thanks Matt for extending the event :D

#342 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

Eh... this caught my eye...

View PostAzureRathalos, on 02 January 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

View PostDaddyPig, on 31 December 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Sadly, scouting has now descended into Clan bringing ATM/SSRM builds in 90 - 95% of the drops. This is pretty much what killed the Stromcrow off and the enforced tonnage drop. Thanks for ruining the mode just that little more and making the event that much harder to complete when IS can't even get close without loosing half their armour.

This argument can go either way and has gone both ways. Let me illustrate.

A Bushwhacker has 370 Armor before Armor quirks and 442 Armor after quirks.
A Huntsman has 338 Armor and NO armor quirks.

If both are loaded with SRM or SSRM and they meet each other, the one with 25% more armor will, of course, be seen to have the advantage.

However, a Bushwhacker doesn't have jump jets. A Huntsman can potentially jump up on some piece of terrain and get a position where it can fire upon a Bushwhacker while the Bushwhacker cannot fire back.

Who really has the advantage here? They both do, but in different situations. You can't blame the Clan builds only, nor can you blame the IS builds only.

Given things like the StreakWhacker and such, it sounds to me like it's way past time to give the Clans back their StormCrow access for Scouting. The particular Mech in question which I'm talking about doesn't have the BushWacker's quirks, and probably the StormCrow doesn't have near the maximum combination of Missile HardPoints that the BushWacker is capable of having. For that matter, the StormCrow might barely tie with the BushWacker for damage values now. Heck, the Huntsman gets more Missile HardPoints than a StormCrow! On top of this, the Inner Sphere currently is being allowed 55-tonners with ECM, and the StormCrow can NOT even do that!!! That's like having an extra 3 or 4 tons of armor to brush somebody off with, which means having access to the StormCrow in Scouting once more won't fully compensate for its' reintroduction as even a partial answer against the BushWacker. Heck, the StormCrow can NOT jump, while ones like the Griffin, ShadowHawk, and Huntsman all can! So, it seems fair to me to at least allow the StormCrow back into Scouting... :blink:

~D. V. "I knew something was missing in regard to Game Balance... Maybe this is the answer?" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for Missed Thoughts.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 02 January 2018 - 02:53 PM.

#343 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

My totalled:

14 days Premium TIme, 2040 MCs (including event reward), 11,375,000 C-Bills, 17,000 GXP, 20 UAVs, 12 Air Strikes, 13 Arti Strikes, 9 Cool Shots, and loads of cockpit stuff.

Redeemed: Stalker Mech.

Super super generous of PGI for giving away stuffs like this. It wasn't even that hard to complete, especially when they start giving away bonus bags.

Edited by Zh0u, 02 January 2018 - 04:28 PM.

#344 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

iam ok with the extend, but I already got my 200 bags and am happy.
THANK YOU FOR THE BONUS FW LOOT BAGS.
The event was great and the rewards if we include day 27, awesome, thank pgi.
I do have to say though, i keep suggesting that we are allowed to convert items into cbills and after getting so many christmas cockpit items... well... what do I need 10 bells warhorns for if they even kill the MW mood for me?

Edited by Rhaezor, 02 January 2018 - 05:01 PM.

#345 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Did it just got extended? Wow! Thanks Matt!

#346 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

View Postpacifica812, on 02 January 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

The TSP event bonus doesn't apply to the advent event. You had the 10% c-bill boost till the end of the year.

Happy New Year!!!

It does, and I quote:

Welcome to the MechWarrior Advent Event 24 Days of Daily Prizes! TSP Owners get an additional 100 K C-Bills Per Daily Challenge Completed.

For TSP injections we usually have to wait for the PGI staff to manually inject. Give them some time, besides it's just 2.4m cbills, far less than the cbills you got from the stocking stuffers.

If both are loaded with SRM or SSRM and they meet each other, the one with 25% more armor will, of course, be seen to have the advantage.

However, a Bushwhacker doesn't have jump jets. A Huntsman can potentially jump up on some piece of terrain and get a position where it can fire upon a Bushwhacker while the Bushwhacker cannot fire back.

Who really has the advantage here? They both do, but in different situations. You can't blame the Clan builds only, nor can you blame the IS builds only.

I love seeing BSWs in Scouting matches. Then I know that there's going to be plenty of armour to damage farm and the BSW has fantastic torso hitboxes allowing for tons of damage transfer (transferred damage apparently still counts as full damage), and it does not have jumpjets and has low slung arms, making vertical tracking difficult if they have arm mounted weapons plus will have difficulty firing over low obstacles and structures. This is if I'm running a Streak Huntsman. Also they are slow enough that they will have some difficulty avoiding strikes, which again adds to my damage. If there are obstacles, the BSW is as good as dead, thanks to poptarting SSRMs and UAVs since the UAV allows full lock despite no line of sight.

The real threats to Clan Scouting are imho IS mechs that are similar to the Huntsman, eg Kintaro, Assassin and Trebuchet. An SRM Assassin can be extremely deadly as a flanker during Scouting.

#347 Shes One Hawt Mech

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Question: I just completed the Faction Play: Bonus FP Loot Bags. MINIMUM MATCH SCORE OF 150 Challenge.

I received the required 20 matches and was rewarded the "50 MC Redeem Bundle".

And got 50MC.

Is something wrong here or did I grind more than 50 FP matches for a total of 50MC?

What am I missing?

FOLLOW UP:

After digging around a bit more I found the correct page to collect reward items (I think).

Here is the link: https://mwomercs.com...=201712stocking

Edited by Shes One Hawt Mech, 02 January 2018 - 07:15 PM.

#348 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

View Postarcana75, on 02 January 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

It does, and I quote:

For TSP injections we usually have to wait for the PGI staff to manually inject. Give them some time, besides it's just 2.4m cbills, far less than the cbills you got from the stocking stuffers.

Of course it does :) my bad. I mistook it for the Stocking Stuffer :)

#349 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Great, Thanks a lot PGI ! Posted Image

#350 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

View PostRhaezor, on 02 January 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

I do have to say though, i keep suggesting that we are allowed to convert items into cbills and after getting so many christmas cockpit items... well... what do I need 10 bells warhorns for if they even kill the MW mood for me?

Hang onto them for more of your Mechs. I'm sure you'll have some later on. Haven't you heard of the phrase "Somebody just got their bell rung!" anywhere? Well, if you beat down an opponent in a game, this Christmas Bell WarHorn goes perfectly with that saying! :D

~Mr. D. V. "One could even say, 'When the bell tolls... It tolls for their end'... Heh." Devnull

(p.s.: I'm realizing, they could do a Halloween Bell WarHorn at that rate! Look forward to it, Coming October 2018 or so!?!?!)

#351 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

There's one more thing to consider: The HMN has 25% greater range on its' SSRMs than the BSW. If the HMN kites the BSW, it will be able to fire with several salvos before the BSW ever gets into range.

#352 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:51 AM

I used the "Two Face" Bushwacker all the time for scouting. HMN is a good mech, but you can farm all the Damage on my right side that you want, you still don´t get 250 MS when my 4 SRM6+Arti are done with you. Plus my double AMS will kill up to 400 rockets in one scouting match. So much for your damage. Posted Image
And btw you can sit on a hill all day. I don´t have to attack you. You will come down sooner or later and i can wait. Posted Image
Oh and 25% more range? That´s what? 75m? My Bushwacker needs 3.4s for that distance. You think you can fire "several salvos" in 3.4s? Yeah ... sure ... Posted Image

Edited by Wishmast3r, 03 January 2018 - 01:58 AM.

#353 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

Dude... you realize I'm an IS pilot, right? :P

View PostWishmast3r, on 03 January 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

Oh and 25% more range? That´s what? 75m? My Bushwacker needs 3.4s for that distance. You think you can fire "several salvos" in 3.4s? Yeah ... sure ... Posted Image

It's implicit that the Huntsman should try to kite you instead of trying to facehug like a berserk lemming. And kite you he can, seeing that even without investing into Speed Tweak it runs 1.5 KPH faster than your BSW. All he needs is pack himself full of streaks, lock you with his arm at max extension and streak away while you give chase.

#354 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostHorseman, on 03 January 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

Dude... you realize I'm an IS pilot, right? Posted Image

It's implicit that the Huntsman should try to kite you instead of trying to facehug like a berserk lemming. And kite you he can, seeing that even without investing into Speed Tweak it runs 1.5 KPH faster than your BSW. All he needs is pack himself full of streaks, lock you with his arm at max extension and streak away while you give chase.

If both the HMN and the BSW are going 1v1 and both pack streaks, the BSW will lose most of the time. A combination of higher top speed, jumpjets and greater weapon range, will help keep the BSW out of effective range until it's dead.

#355 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

View Postarcana75, on 03 January 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

If both the HMN and the BSW are going 1v1 and both pack streaks, the BSW will lose most of the time. A combination of higher top speed, jumpjets and greater weapon range, will help keep the BSW out of effective range until it's dead.
If the HMN capitalizes on its' advantages. But most of the time, berserk lemmings it is.

Edited by Horseman, 04 January 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#356 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:25 AM

View PostHorseman, on 03 January 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

If the HMN capitalizes on its' advantages. But most of the time, berserk lemmings it is.

Granted, the BSW's competitive advantages are easier to exploit: just charge and yolo. So if players just blindly follow the "meta" on each side, and charge, the BSW will win most of the time. Perhaps that's why IS rules Scouting if based on the bar.

#357 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

I'm not sure if PGI has ever done this, but it would be cool if they had a Hero mech challenge event. It would be neat to see a full team of various Hero mechs square off against each other.

#358 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

Thank you PGI. I got 258 of the 350. My only complaint is all the selfish jerks who rush into the dropzone before other teammates can collect more. I wish they were a little more team-player-like.

#359 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostPanzerTC, on 08 January 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Thank you PGI. I got 258 of the 350. My only complaint is all the selfish jerks who rush into the dropzone before other teammates can collect more. I wish they were a little more team-player-like.

Had the same problem myself on many instances where I was trying to help the Invasion folks, but at least I still got 325 Stocking Stuffers of 325 possible. If we hadn't been given the Time Extension, however, I would have been a fair chunk short of completion. So yeah, my thanks to PGI as well... and a Like for your post for making note of the problem with people stopping Intel Gathering. PGI needs to make that worth more. :huh:

~D. V. "Knowing how it is to not get enough time during a Match for Intel Grabs..." Devnull

#360 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

View PostMaxir, on 23 December 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Good Evening,
Thanks for this Event but a Matchscore from 250 in FP is to high. Please reductet to 200 Score Posted Image.

Best regards
Maxir

PGI should have raised the MS up to 300 or 350. ( This way ppl were forced to play organized instead of doing the solo whiny leroy cheapskate thing they mostly did ). Got so many Matches where the Pugs didn´t listened to coms - that is the frustrating thing about it. But still lost only 1 in 10 Matches the last Event. I do not Pug in FP! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users