Mwo Holiday Sales

239 replies to this topic

#61 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostSpaartaaa, on 19 December 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

What do you mean, zeroed? Why and what for?

It was possible to sell a mech for more than you bought it for. The people that were identified as exploiting this had all c-bills stripped from their accounts (probably had recently bought items removed to prevent them keeping their illegal purchases).

It's unlikely that PGI will put up another 50% sale, even if they take measures to prevent that sort of cheating in the future.

#62 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

That was due to an incorrectly set price on the MLX-G that was too low, ending up with a profit if you bought it for 50% off and sold it. The price has since been adjusted so we won't have that happen again in any future 50% off sale.

#63 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 December 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Describe this Best ever C-Bill sale. I will see what I can do.

As others have stated, 50% would be amazing. But more than that, I'd like to see a sale on the CBill Mechs that were released at the same time as the Clan heroes. Mist Lynx, Helbringer, Ice Ferret, etc. You had a couple of them on sale with the Dakka event, but not all of them went on sale (and I missed the Mist Lynx because it was disable due to the exploit).

#64 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 19 December 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

It was possible to sell a mech for more than you bought it for. The people that were identified as exploiting this had all c-bills stripped from their accounts (probably had recently bought items removed to prevent them keeping their illegal purchases).

It's unlikely that PGI will put up another 50% sale, even if they take measures to prevent that sort of cheating in the future.

Seems like a disproportionate punishment.

#65 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:31 AM

View Postarcana75, on 19 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Suspending or straight up banning an account is the usual punishment for exploiting.

I mean the people that used the sale to gain c-bills via the exploit just got their c-bill balance set to zero. Even if they bought stuff with the money they made, that did not get removed from their accounts, contrary to the statement above (confirmed from a few sources). I believe the punishment was fair, almost soft.

#66 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:34 AM

View Postarcana75, on 19 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

that one is quite soft actually, my prefered punishment would have been a lot harsher.

what mechs of the current sale lineup can you recommend? i like the the Huntsman and the Marauder IIC (especially with the latter you cant really do something wrong), even if i play mostly IS mechs. Javelin and Assassin were also on my wishlist for a while now..

#67 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:23 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 20 December 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

Suspending or straight up banning an account is the usual punishment for exploiting.

I mean the people that used the sale to gain c-bills via the exploit just got their c-bill balance set to zero. Even if they bought stuff with the money they made, that did not get removed from their accounts, contrary to the statement above (confirmed from a few sources). I believe the punishment was fair, almost soft.

Hmm maybe I misread. If it's just to remove the exploit cbills and any ill-gotten gains, then yeah it's kinda soft. But if it's to zero out the entire wallet, which is what I interpreted from the initial post, then it is disproportionate.

View PostGenesis23, on 20 December 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

that one is quite soft actually, my prefered punishment would have been a lot harsher.

what mechs of the current sale lineup can you recommend? i like the the Huntsman and the Marauder IIC (especially with the latter you cant really do something wrong), even if i play mostly IS mechs. Javelin and Assassin were also on my wishlist for a while now..

I got the:
Bushwacker P1 for the splat: already have the High Roller, the only BSW I had. Thought of getting the X1 but as a gunboat the HR does it too.
Assassin 21 also for the splat, first ASN, heard good things about this.
Supernova-A, ATM48, also first SNV. Wanna try this meme build.

I already have a Scorch the only MAD-IIC one needs. A MAD-IIC is a must-buy.
Have a Huntsman Prime, don't need a Pahket. Also for the splats. While the Pahket can field 8 SRMs, 6 is the optimal number imho due to the 3x ghost heat limit.

As a newer player I prefer to buy mechs chassis I don't already own, so the P1 is the first time I bought a variant, so other than the Hellspawn mech pack, every mech I own is a unique chassis (24 different chassis).

#68 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

Depending on what your weight preference is...

From the IS selection:

Definitely get the Assassin and Javelin, I like them very much.

Bushwackers. If you like 'mechs like the Marauder or Stalker, slim front profile with rather large sides, you will like this one too. Very tanky and can bring the hurt.

I like the Roughnecks quite a lot, worth at least checking out. I think the 2A was the one to get as it's probably the most versatile variant.

A good Cyclops is never bad - if you like Assault 'mechs, that is. Has some fun variants.

Unless you feel really confident in the 2nd line fire support role I would probably steer clear of the Uziel for now. It may still get buffed a bit. I feel that they were significantly improved already compared to what was injected into the game originally. Still is squishy though - you largely need to go unnoticed, exploit openings and weak spots.

And for clans:

Huntsman - probably the most versatile medium. I do not think there is a build type that it could not bring to the battlefield and be at least mediocre with it. All kinds of hardpoints, good placement and sufficient numbers of them. For me, a yes.

Night Gyr - a bit ponderous, heavy weapons platform. Brings the hurt, plays similar to an assault with slightly fewer weapons and armor.

Linebacker - fast strike heavy. Lighter weapons load, but it's mobility somewhat makes up for it as it is able to effectively hunt lighter 'mechs.

Haven't played the Vipers, Supernovas and Cougars that much yet, no recommendations there.

View Postarcana75, on 20 December 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

Hmm maybe I misread. If it's just to remove the exploit cbills and any ill-gotten gains, then yeah it's kinda soft. But if it's to zero out the entire wallet, which is what I interpreted from the initial post, then it is disproportionate.

They removed all c-bills that were in accounts that misused the exploit. Set c-bill balance to zero. Other than that they did not remove anything else, even if purchased with suspect currency.

#69 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:26 AM

Forget the Cougars, they are too slow !

#70 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:58 AM

The Cougars are indeed slow for a light, and too bulky. Think of them as a support mech. Like the Adder, which appears to have ECM+stealth armor+invisibility activated, people blatantly ignore it while you can keep on dishing out damage from second line like there's no tomorrow.

#71 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:16 AM

View Postarcana75, on 20 December 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

[...]

To my knowledge, it was to zero the entire wallet, but only remove the purchased items bought with illegitimate C-Bills. I don't find it heavy-handed at all, and would not have been upset if temporary bans were handed out (permanent account bans would have been too much, though).

You don't buy and then immediately sell, and then re-buy a mech (often multiple times) on accident. It is very clear who was exploiting the system, and who wasn't.

#72 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

Its when you look at a sale and realise you have every mech. :(

#73 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 December 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

SELECT MECHS 40% off MC and C-Bills

Start Time: Dec 23rd 00:00 UTC

Ends Time: Dec 30th 00:00 UTC

Great sale. Please consider adding the Clan Wave 2 and 3 Mechs that came out when the Heroes dropped.
  • Acrtic Cheatah ACH-E
  • Mist Lynx MLX-G
  • Ice Ferret IFR-P
  • Shadow Cat SHC-H
  • Ebon Jaguar EBJ-D
  • Hellbringer HBR-P
  • Mad Dog MDD-H
  • Executioner EXE-E
  • Gargoyle GAR-E
IIRC most of these have never been on sale before. They didn't have enough Ballistic hard points to be included in the Dakka Event sale.

#74 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

I am mildly disappointed that the mech bay sale will be over right before we get get the Bonus 1250 MC from the TSP.

#75 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

I missed the Halloween mc and hero sale so this is great! So pumped to finally get a scorchy

#76 Tyrsen

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

The 50% mechbay sale is very welcome, and also very generous given that it hasn't been that long since the last one. Thank you!

#77 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

View PostMrKvola, on 20 December 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

They removed all c-bills that were in accounts that misused the exploit. Set c-bill balance to zero. Other than that they did not remove anything else, even if purchased with suspect currency.

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 20 December 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

To my knowledge, it was to zero the entire wallet, but only remove the purchased items bought with illegitimate C-Bills. I don't find it heavy-handed at all, and would not have been upset if temporary bans were handed out (permanent account bans would have been too much, though).

So if some ****** had 200m cbills then exploited this thing for maybe 20m cbills extra, that fella lost his initial 200m cbills? That's not disproportionate? I rather take a temp ban.

#78 speedy mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

View Postarcana75, on 20 December 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

So if some ****** had 200m cbills then exploited this thing for maybe 20m cbills extra, that fella lost his initial 200m cbills? That's not disproportionate? I rather take a temp ban.

I would like to think that those with that much c-bills wouldn't worry about a exploit for such a slow return over time and that only ppl with low funds would take advantage the most of an exploit.

#79 DontStandBehindMe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

Is it just me or are the Hero mechs that go on sale starting in 4 days not in the game for MC yet? I mean 40% off is great...but if they aren't available for MC yet what is the point?

#80 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

Dang! This holiday season is full of payment!!! (forgive me my wallet)...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users