#81 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:24 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 22 November 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

Anecdotal evidence.

You don't want to see what's considered upper tier by my stats...

of course they are my stats, my spreadsheets, my formulae. other players play differently. where do your atlases rank?

my best is assault is the anh-1x, i believe its a quad lb-10 build. my worse is the vtr-9s(c) which was the prize in possibly the most frustrating event pgi has ever done. sokomish is a couple slots above it. in the gap are a couple mechs im almost certain i built wrong.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 November 2020 - 07:38 AM.

#82 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:46 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 November 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

i have pretty comprehensive spreadsheets.

Well I have: https://mwomercs.com/profile/stats?type=mech Posted Image

Pretty sure those are the "official" kind of stats PGI use for balance, how I logged 24855 days in a Raven-2X I'll never know. I know I play them a lot but it feels a little short of where it should be.

#83 VgerRD

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIn front of my monitor

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:29 PM

"i dont even think there are any atlas variants in lore that have the configuration you want"

Yeah not sure how well lore, canon, or TT rules translates over to what basically amounts to a real time, fast action, first person shooter video game. There would be nothing gamebreaking about putting a ballistic HP into the left torso, a lot of other assaults can do it and they're nowhere near OP.

Edited by VgerRD, 22 November 2020 - 03:29 PM.

#84 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:21 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 22 November 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Well I have: https://mwomercs.com/profile/stats?type=mech Posted Image

Pretty sure those are the "official" kind of stats PGI use for balance, how I logged 24855 days in a Raven-2X I'll never know. I know I play them a lot but it feels a little short of where it should be.

thats where i source my data lol. i know there is a better way (the api i think), but i think that might require writing some code.

View PostVgerRD, on 22 November 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

"i dont even think there are any atlas variants in lore that have the configuration you want"

Yeah not sure how well lore, canon, or TT rules translates over to what basically amounts to a real time, fast action, first person shooter video game. There would be nothing gamebreaking about putting a ballistic HP into the left torso, a lot of other assaults can do it and they're nowhere near OP.

the game mechanics dont always translate well. however the builds do. none of the lore atlas builds on sarna have ballistic nipples.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 November 2020 - 04:23 PM.

#85 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:40 PM

View PostVgerRD, on 22 November 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostLordNothing, on 22 November 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

the game mechanics dont always translate well. however the builds do. none of the lore atlas builds on sarna have ballistic nipples.

This. No lore variant feature ballistics in the left and right hip, it's one or the other. Although that doesn't preclude a hero variant having both. There is a K2 Hero variant with L.Gauss in both arms...

#86 VgerRD

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:29 PM

"none of the lore atlas builds on sarna have ballistic hardpoints." To which I replied in an earlier post, "Yeah not sure how well lore, canon, or TT rules translates over to what basically amounts to a real time, fast action, first person shooter video game."

Also, your logic dictates that the game PGI created follows the lore to the T, which it doesn't. Doing an Inner Sphere 'mech hardpoint balancing pass would bring the underperforming 'mechs (Atlas) up a bit, which would be a good thing. No reason to now all of a sudden follow lore and/or table top board game rules for a real time first person shooter video game.

Edited by VgerRD, 22 November 2020 - 07:31 PM.

#87 VgerRD

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:55 PM

I found this info on sarna.net:

Custom Variants:

AS7-D-H Devlin Used by Devlin Stone, this Atlas variant used a combination of Clan and Inner Sphere technology to maximize survival. The ER Large Lasers, XL Engine, and heat sinks came from Clan sources. A Heavy Duty Gyro is also fitted to enhance survivability. The LRM and SRM launchers have been replaced by a single MML-9 with an Artemis IV system. CASE II protects each side torso from ammunition explosions, an Angel ECM suite foils Blakist communications gear, and for additional protection the left torso carries an Anti-Missile System. For additional protection the cockpit, sensors, and life support system in the head are all armored. BV (2.0) = 2,491[10]

AS7-D-H Kerensky The custom version used by Nicholas Kerensky, this version of the Atlas II retains the weapon array of the original but swaps the Inner Sphere components for more advanced Clan equivalents. It also adds a second SRM launcher. All the missile systems are equipped with Artemis IV fire control systems. Double heat sinks were replaced with their less bulky Clan equivalents and increased to nineteen. The ferro-fibrous armor protection remains the same, but again was replaced by more compact Clan version. To handle electronic warfare duties, a small ECM Suite and Active Probe were added to the center torso. The CASE systems were integrated into the side torsos, as was common to all Clan designs. BV (2.0) = 2,777[11]

AS7-D-HT Its origins unknown, the only known example of the AS7-D-HT was found inside Castle Nautilus, an SLDF Outpost Fortress found in the world of Artru, in the Aurigan Reach and used by Kamea Arano during her final defeat of the Aurigan Directorate.[12] This seemingly custom variant retains the bulk of the standard model's weapon loadout save swapping the LB-X-10 for a mammoth Autocannon/20 for enhanced short-range combat.[13] If Devlin Stone and Nicholas Kerensky can customize their 'Mechs to the degree that they did, why can't we? I am a 'MechWarrior too with the C-Bills and ingenuity to customize my 'Mechs. Adding a ballistic hardpoint to the left torso of an Atlas is not a Earth-shattering change, especially considering what they did to their Atlai in the above lore.

If Devlin Stone and Nicholas Kerensky can change their 'Mechs to the degree that they did, why can't we? I too am a 'MechWarrior with the C-Bills and ingenuity to customize my 'Mechs. Adding a ballistic hardpoint to the left torso of an Atlas is not an Earth-shattering, way too far out of the lore, change to make. Especially considering what the gentleman in the lore above did to their Atlai.

Also, there are pictures on the sarna.net website that the depict an Atlas with a huge ballistic weapon in the right arm and what looks like a missile weapon in the right torso.

Edited by VgerRD, 22 November 2020 - 08:08 PM.

#88 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:09 PM

if pgi does anything its going to be add new variants (probably subject to a paid exclusive period like every other mech they have put out). new variants are on the list of things they are thinking about doing and they are asking for feedback. your best bet is that as7-k2 jedra variant.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 November 2020 - 08:10 PM.

#89 VgerRD

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:54 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 November 2020 - 08:09 PM, said:

if pgi does anything its going to be add new variants (probably subject to a paid exclusive period like every other mech they have put out). new variants are on the list of things they are thinking about doing and they are asking for feedback. your best bet is that as7-k2 jedra variant.

The following is from "Monday MechWarrior update with Daeron #2":

New Community-Driven 'Mech (Community input to new 'Mech chassis choice)
New 'Mech Variants
Rescale 'Mechs (for fun and role vs volumetric)
Fix Mech Mobility (Desync)
Update Bolt-Ons (Stay Attached)
Quirks / Set of 8's for Under Performers
Armor Balance for Arm Weapon-Only 'Mechs (Jenner, Jagermech, Rifleman)
Weapon Balance Pass
IS Omnimechs / Engine Discussion

There should be room for IS 'Mech hardpoint balance pass in there.

Edited by VgerRD, 22 November 2020 - 08:56 PM.

#90 VgerRD

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:17 PM

"Quirks / Set of 8's for Under Performers" Heck, they could even make a ballistic hardpoint in the left torso of the Kraken a quirk, easy peasy.

#91 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:16 PM

View PostVgerRD, on 22 November 2020 - 09:17 PM, said:

"Quirks / Set of 8's for Under Performers" Heck, they could even make a ballistic hardpoint in the left torso of the Kraken a quirk, easy peasy.

The very same thread ask you kindly to provide feedback and requests on the appropriate topics here: Command Chair

On the topic of thread necromancy, while not explicitly forbidden via CoC, necroing long inactive threads is considered unconstructive, because the foundation of the discussion has changed. So if you want a matter discussed today, please open a new thread about it as long as there is no other, recent thread that handles the topic.

Now, with that out of the way,
Turn Undead!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users