Inner Sphere Faction Play Dropdeck List/guide (By Mpg)

93 replies to this topic

#21 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 27 December 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

I was trying to fit ASRM6's on that thing but always ended up being either too slow or had to remove some heatsinks to get the tonnage needed.I like this , will prob include it on the list as well.

2x SRM4A + 2x SRM6A is an alright compromise, IMHO, especially given that it has a weapon-agnostic -10% heat quirk.

#22 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

I know its a bit unrelated but here is one of my meme decks Posted Image . Got 3.2K with this deck in a match yesterday haha.

Posted Image

#23 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

This thread is ok on brawling loadouts, terrible on trading loadouts, ofc than you cry clan op.

Example, whm 6d 3lpl 4med? Wtf?

3ll 6ermed tcomp 2 20 dhs

And you have clan range with innersphere duration.

Black knight same build
Rifleman 6+2

And you go 4 heavy laser boat 75+70+60+60 ...........clan op

#24 UrbanxPUGx

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

Hmmm.... can;t remember ever saying Clan OP. In any thread.

Brawling is playing to IS' strengths but you are right about the LPL since the Skill Tree introduction and the weapons nerf, IS Large Lasers are actually a better weapon for trading and the ERML matches well for burn duration and range.

#25 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

Updated some builds with new weapon confgs. Added Orion and few other mechs to the list . If people have some other decent brawlers for the IS , just leave your suggestions here . However , I am in search for more IS laser vom. mechs for the mid range list. Even thinking about including Black Knights despite their dirt low E mounts , I guess they can get around that limitation on some maps which allow it.

#26 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

why not battlemaster?

#27 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

@Ignatus , what do you have in mind ? What E hardpoint combo and on which variant . 3LPL+3ERMED used to be good but some heavies do a better job at this . 5xLPL , XL BLR-2C was nerfed two times over . First structure and then LPL's. I really find them hard to recommend for mid range energy boating .

#28 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

5x LL LFE BLR-2C is still pretty hand, if a little hot.

#29 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 01 January 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

@Ignatus , what do you have in mind ? What E hardpoint combo and on which variant . 3LPL+3ERMED used to be good but some heavies do a better job at this . 5xLPL , XL BLR-2C was nerfed two times over . First structure and then LPL's. I really find them hard to recommend for mid range energy boating .

BLR-3M

It has duration quirks that apply to the ERML, so there's incentive to run it with LPL. It also packs in 22 DHS, so it runs pretty frosty. That extra high dissipation rate (for IS) and short face-time give it raison d'être. I also personally strip more armor out of mine to upgrade to a TCII (it does have armor quirks on legs and arms), but we're talking about a difference of, like, 4-6 meters or so. You can also drop a DHS to trade the two LPL and an ERML in for a trio of LL and get 2 more points on the alpha.

Really, it's the very high dissipation that makes this one. Excellent corner-peaker.

Also, I enhanced your BLR-1G ERLL builds:

6x ERLL and 5x ERLL.

#30 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

Added energy boat RFL-5D to the list and updated it with some of the suggestions I saw .

5D can be a decent energy boat despite its relatively low tonnage with 10% range quirk and high mounts. Still looking for more mid range laser vomit trading mechs and some decent ERPPC mechs for long range trading for folks who prefer peeps over lasers (for we reason , may it be ping or they dont like smearing their lasers over stuff).

#31 JellybeanDC

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

So for new players who only have a few mechs and don't know much about FP we should look pick the builds for the mechs we have that can fill out the drop deck?

Then just play and learn?

#32 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

The BLR-2C with 5LPL and LFE is still viable, but just not as beastly as before. The LFE really slows it down too, which means it's better on defense.

As of late I think dual HGauss builds dominate any mid-short range engagements. Clan doesn't have anything that can stand up to that.

#33 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

View PostJellybeanDC, on 03 January 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

So for new players who only have a few mechs and don't know much about FP we should look pick the builds for the mechs we have that can fill out the drop deck?

Then just play and learn?

Ideally if you already own some of the mechs on the list , you can refit them (as shown on the list) and then use them for FP. After which you would look how to fill the rest of the tonnage and aim to get as close as you can to 265 tons. (Which prob means buying new mechs and using what you have until then.)

Since new players don't own many mechs they should build a generalized deck ,and attempt to be suited for most maps / ranges / modes. Or a mixed deck which would include brawlers , snipers and mid range traders (jack of all trades , master of none ) . As a new player you cant really afford to specialize since you don't have that many mechs on your disposal yet (less than 10). Because if you decide to specialize in brawling and get a sniper map , all of your mechs are suddenly useless if your team is being passive or unable to push the enemy team.

For example: You own two warhammers 6D (70 ton) and 6R (70ton) , you look up their builds here ,refit them , put them in your drop deck and then look how to use the rest of the tonnage you have on your disposal (which is 125tons in this case) . So you decide to buy one assassin (40 ton medium) and a Battlemaster (85 ton assault) . And there you go , you now heave a battle ready dropdeck for most occasions.

I might put suggested decks on the 2nd sheet in order to make deck building somewhat easier. More experienced folks prob know how to build their stuff just looking at the mech list on the first page , but it might help out newbies more.

#34 kentares kodiak

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

I got back into the game in the xmas week (last time I played was February IIRC) and Im still getting used to the game and the changes it got since and didnt tried FP yet but... BUT... looking at that table and my owned mechs seems Ill do nothing except give a few free kills for my opponents.

My IS mechs are: ASD-D-DC, MAD-5M, MAD-3R, HBK-4J, HBK-4P, BJ-2L and RVN-3L.

What can I salvage here for an acceptable dropdock? I assume the maps are the same right? Any big change in the last year?

Thx in advance

Edit = Should I forget to even try before grinding a couple of millions in cbills and buy some new IS mechs?

Edited by kentares kodiak, 03 January 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#35 JellybeanDC

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 03 January 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Ideally if you already own some of the mechs on the list , you can refit them (as shown on the list) and then use them for FP. After which you would look how to fill the rest of the tonnage and aim to get as close as you can to 265 tons. (Which prob means buying new mechs and using what you have until then.)

I might put suggested decks on the 2nd sheet in order to make deck building somewhat easier. More experienced folks prob know how to build their stuff just looking at the mech list on the first page , but it might help out newbies more.

Thanks.

I build two mid range, one sniper, and locust stealth mech from the list using the mechs I already owned.

#36 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 03 January 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

The BLR-2C with 5LPL and LFE is still viable, but just not as beastly as before. The LFE really slows it down too, which means it's better on defense.

As of late I think dual HGauss builds dominate any mid-short range engagements. Clan doesn't have anything that can stand up to that.

The IS LPL Nerf last 'pass' killed LPL big time. It was in a perfect place but now there is a reason you rarely see LPL BLRs in any drop deck now.

Clan has speed to combat H.Gauss. Any clan heavy can kite a wave of it and take near on no damage cause they never get close. HGauss is purely defensive weapon on siege only (all things being near equal of course)

#37 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 January 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

The IS LPL Nerf last 'pass' killed LPL big time. It was in a perfect place but now there is a reason you rarely see LPL BLRs in any drop deck now.

Dunno, I dropped with it the other day and did fine. 50pts dmg at LPL duration is still nothing to scoff at.

Clan has speed to combat H.Gauss. Any clan heavy can kite a wave of it and take near on no damage cause they never get close. HGauss is purely defensive weapon on siege only (all things being near equal of course)

Map and mode dependent, sure, but any match where the engagements regularly get closer than 500 and that HGauss rules.

#38 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 27 December 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Cheekiez, I have been running that mech with SRM6s and an LB10X... might try yours instead thanks for sharing that build!

Edited by Xannatharr, 04 January 2018 - 01:33 PM.

#39 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 03 January 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

Added energy boat RFL-5D to the list and updated it with some of the suggestions I saw .

5D can be a decent energy boat despite its relatively low tonnage with 10% range quirk and high mounts. Still looking for more mid range laser vomit trading mechs and some decent ERPPC mechs for long range trading for folks who prefer peeps over lasers (for we reason , may it be ping or they dont like smearing their lasers over stuff).

Looking for mid-range laser vomit?

BNC-3M (3xLPL + 5x ERML)

Doing this on a BLR-3M is too hot, which is why my previous BLR-3M build only ran 2x LPL. Going with LL is more weight-efficient, but only 52 damage out of a 95 tonner is no better than 52 out of an 85. Don't even get more sinks.

TBQH, I wouldn't actually recommend a BNC-3M in a drop-deck. In general, not a worthwhile use of 95 tons, even in ERLL configuration. You get superior alpha from the ANH-1X, BNC-3S, NSR-9FC, or MAL-2P all running Gauss-vomit, ranging between 63 on the low-end (NSR-9FC) and 73 points on the high end (ANH-1X); BNC-3S will spit 67 and the MAL-2P will spit 68.

MAD-BH2 ( 4x LL + 3x ERML)

For the longer side of mid-range, since it adds 15% range to ER Medium. With its compact frontal silhouette, it can camp a corner extremely well.

BL-6B-KNT (3x LPL + 6x ERML)

Worth it only for that massive (for IS) laser alpha, this works because it has a 10% energy heat-gen quirk. Camp corners, not ridges.

WHM-6D (3x LL + 6x ERML)

Standard IS laser-vomit line-mech. You can shed an ERML for a DHS or TC if you want, but I prefer the damage.

TDR-5S-T (3x LL + 6x ERML)

Standard IS laser-vomit line-mech, weight-saver edition.

TDR-5SS (2x LPL + 5x MPL)

This is definitely on the shorter side of "mid-range", but with that 15% MPL range buff and 5% heat gen reduction, this thing can tank for days using the short beam time. Delete components to your merriment!

Also worth noting that on any of the ERML builds, you can swap to standard MedLas for better heat management if you know the map will be close-mid rather than mid-mid.

RFL-5D (2x LPL + 6x ERML)

My enhancement to your RFL-5D. Personally, unless it's a specific niche like the TDR-5SS MPL brawler or an ERLL vomit 'Mech, I do not consider alpha-strikes less than 50 to be worth a Heavy. Take it or leave it. Also good, but less efficient, with 3x LL instead of 2x LPL.

HBK-4P (1x LPL + 6x ERML)

One of two IS laser-vomit Mediums with sufficient damage and cooling capacity to hold a line.

BJ-1X (8x ERML)

The second line-worthy IS laser-vomit Medium. Faster and lighter, runs hot when you alpha-strike (like, 7 points hotter than 6x cERML) but it's tolerable. Stagger-fire still yields a total beam-time of 1.265 seconds, so again tolerable. It'll hold its own.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 04 January 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#40 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

View Postkentares kodiak, on 03 January 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

My IS mechs are: ASD-D-DC, MAD-5M, MAD-3R, HBK-4J, HBK-4P, BJ-2L and RVN-3L.

What can I salvage here for an acceptable dropdock? I assume the maps are the same right? Any big change in the last year?

Thx in advance

Edit = Should I forget to even try before grinding a couple of millions in cbills and buy some new IS mechs?

You can try tho and see how it goes . I think you have decent mechs to set up a relatively good brawling deck and decent Long range trading deck.

Will send you a private message about it .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users