Inner Sphere Faction Play Dropdeck List/guide (By Mpg)

93 replies to this topic

#81 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

UPDATE: I plan on updating the list to be more in line with the new heat system changes . But I am gonna wait a bit .
Clan laser vom got a big buff to the point where rushing hellbringers is no longer a viable strat Posted Image . Which also invalidates a lot of IS brawlers , while heavier IS assaults got some major quirk reductions .

If the current system is gonna stay in place , 50% of the builds would definitely need to be updated to be (somewhat) on par with the clan stuff.

3x HPPC AWS and Gauss + 2ERPPC + 3ERML NSR will prob make their way on the list unless they decide to changer their quirks in less than a month or two.

#82 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:51 AM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 28 December 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

I know its a bit unrelated but here is one of my meme decks Posted Image . Got 3.2K with this deck in a match yesterday haha.

Posted Image

One thing wrong with that deck;

Your Urbies are not painted like Minions.

#83 Khazad Boom

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

Thanks again for sharing these tips MPG. I won a Fafnir pack and fell in love with it.

*Edited to remove a stupid question*

Edited by Khazad Boom, 29 January 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#84 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:46 AM

Glad you are enjoying it . Lately I do feel like Fafnir is my favorite assault mech as well.

#85 Khazad Boom

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:53 PM

View PostMagic Pain Glove, on 01 February 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

Glad you are enjoying it . Lately I do feel like Fafnir is my favorite assault mech as well.

Awesome. What build are you most likely to run on your Fafnir? I love and plan to keep the heavy gauss build on my 5(S) but am looking for something different on my regular 5.

#86 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

FNR 5 - 4x LBX10's or FNR - 5B 2xHGR + 5xMPL . Both mechs are super fun to play in both Invasion and QP .

#87 Khazad Boom

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

Thanks again.

#88 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:58 PM

Added few other builds including the LBX40 Catapult - K2 . I am enjoying that thing more than I should Posted Image .

#89 Ewald von Guderian

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

So I tried the BLR-1G heavy laser vomit build in QP and just wasn't having much fun or doing enough damage with it. Most of the non-fun is from the damage/armor stripping/vision impairment caused by the autocannon spam. Instead I tried going with 7 or 8 double heat sinks, 5 ERMLs (one on the arm slot, other 4 in the lower torso slots) and 1 ERPPC and 1 HPPC riding in the highest torso slots. Set the weapon groups to cycle fire along with alpha strike on the 4 key. I've noticed my alpha strikes be far more effective in match and my damage dealt went up with increased kills/assists.

#90 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

View PostEwald von Guderian, on 09 April 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

So I tried the BLR-1G heavy laser vomit build in QP and just wasn't having much fun or doing enough damage with it. Most of the non-fun is from the damage/armor stripping/vision impairment caused by the autocannon spam. Instead I tried going with 7 or 8 double heat sinks, 5 ERMLs (one on the arm slot, other 4 in the lower torso slots) and 1 ERPPC and 1 HPPC riding in the highest torso slots. Set the weapon groups to cycle fire along with alpha strike on the 4 key. I've noticed my alpha strikes be far more effective in match and my damage dealt went up with increased kills/assists.

FP meta builds tend to be best for FP, particularly for invasion modes.

This is why you'll see far more brawl builds in FP than anywhere else... its the only place you know ahead of time that you'll be brawlin...

#91 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:51 AM

List updated with some Stealth builds Posted Image .

#92 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 06:04 AM

List updated with new mechs again . I think I need to expand the list on the front page . Starting to lack space in the brawler section . There are just too many good / decent choices that I have to leave out because I am lacking space to include them. Tho that said my original idea was for everything to fit one one page that's viewable on a 1080p screen

#93 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:31 AM

Look, the best general purpose faction deck, especially for traditional Siege mode from either side of the gate, is a Stalker and three Riflemen of various builds.

Rock an MRM80+snub STK-5M and a couple of LB10x+6SL RFL-3N with an RFL-5D with 2xHPPC and 6xSL and you're set for so many different maps.

Switch out the Stalker for a -5S(SS?) with the same build but double AMS on LRM-heavy mixed range maps. Switch for an ECM 5xERLL -3FB for long range.

The Riflemen are cheap enough that you can basically have three identical chassis for each map/mode combo. The RFL-3C can do a pretty good off-brand Virago build with quad ERLL instead of the typical quad LB2x or AC2 range build. The RFL-5D with ERPPC instead of HPPC has better than 1k optimal range and enough free tonnage for AMS and a larger engine than the usual LFE250. You can even build an 8xMPL RFL-5D that hauls azz for maps where you want to tool around and grease components. Here's my first two waves of an earlier match, one quad AC2 and one ERPPC RFL.

Posted Image

And that's not to mention the twin UAC20 build...

View PostMovinTarget, on 09 April 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

FP meta builds tend to be best for FP, particularly for invasion modes.

This is why you'll see far more brawl builds in FP than anywhere else... its the only place you know ahead of time that you'll be brawlin...

Posted Image

Oh for sure

Edited by Gilgamecc, 12 October 2019 - 09:16 AM.

#94 Nehayat

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:02 PM

On your Wolfhound GR build, how did you manage 3 double HS? I'm playing with the build now in Mechlab and can't seem to get the tonnage balance to get the third heat sink.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users