423 replies to this topic

#201 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 January 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

The CT isn't what you should be worrie about. Done the TT way, the CT can't shield the STs at all, meaning you can't spread the damage off of any component even if you tried. The way they did it for MWO, the CT covers the far side ST from an angle, meaning you have a greater chance of getting fire off of that ST.

So being able to shield the sides a little bit is better than being able to shield nothing at all.

For me I have trouble spreading damage. It seams no matter what kind of mad twisting I do I ALWAYS get cored usually if I'm running a standard engine. If I have a XL engine and no matter how hard I try to spread the damage I always lose the side that has taken the most damage even if i twist that said away from all weapons. (why I will never use IS XL ever again only on most lights)

But all and all they could still use the much more sexy look of the TT image but just extend it out to the point that it would help shield the ST. But that's just me, As far as looks go i would have rather have the CT have a more TT look to it. I was just never a fan of the way MW4 changed it. Some people can eat Brussel sprouts with salt and butter all day long. Some people find it to be the most revolting thing on this planet. I for one would rather drink arsenic before eating that nasty stuff.

#202 GBxGhostRider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

I have played this mech before back in MechWarrior4 Mercenaries with the Mektek pack installed this mech is a Mektek design that was made for one thing (NHUA) = NO HEAT UNLIMITED AMMO games on the Mektek servers and it did ok not great it was slow and was a easy target it had about the same armor as the Atlas.

I remember playing it the Fafnir a few times until I just could not stand to play it anymore heck even a stock DireWolf could out run it and out gun it.Unless PGI has done something Special with its hitboxes to take the OP massive damage mechs can put out in MWO it will be dead in 5 seconds to a OP light mech or even a medium.

MW4 version below
Posted Image

P.S the original mech is so much better looking than the MWO mech.

Edited by GBxGhostRider, 07 January 2018 - 08:48 AM.

#203 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostGBxGhostRider, on 07 January 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

I have played this mech before back in MechWarrior4 Mercenaries with the Mektek pack installed this mech is a Mektek design

Erm, nope.

View PostGBxGhostRider, on 07 January 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

P.S the original mech is so much better looking than the MWO mech.

I agree, but the torso are even easier to hit, plus I prefer the larger MW4 arms.

Posted Image

#204 GBxGhostRider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 January 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Erm, nope.

I agree, but the torso are even easier to hit, plus I prefer the larger MW4 arms.

Posted Image

Well I guess I should have said RE-Designed by Mektek for there MekTek MechPacks but some aspects of Mektek are still alive at MWO and I would not doubt the WildCat by MekTek will be seen again in the future.
Posted Image

#205 GBxGhostRider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

https://youtu.be/4-CJpBCqD2s

#206 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostGBxGhostRider, on 07 January 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Well I guess I should have said RE-Designed by Mektek for there MekTek MechPacks but some aspects of Mektek are still alive at MWO and I would not doubt the WildCat by MekTek will be seen again in the future.

Do you have any pics of the MekTek version? I've only seen the TT, MW4 & MWLL versions, I've not seen or heard of any altered version done by MekTek.

#207 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 07 January 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#208 GBxGhostRider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 January 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

Do you have any pics of the MekTek version? I've only seen the TT, MW4 & MWLL versions, I've not seen or heard of any altered version done by MekTek.

This might be it it looked just slightly different but not much change from the original MW4 version

Posted Image
Posted Image

#209 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

Again, this is a design that will be exceptional in just about exactly ONE scenario:

FP Invasion Mode for defense. It will be able to bring more/more varied backup weapons that a dual HG Cyclops or Mauler. It SHOULD stand shorter than an Annihilator with better hill humping due to the main mounts and head being at about the same height versus the long necked Anni. The speed diff from having a 325 engine is negligeble.

So:

You get seismic.

You wait for your prey to come around the corner.

You delete it.

Rinse and repeat.

#210 DESTRUKTROTRON

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostAleski, on 06 January 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

I never said that 100 tonners have to be nimble, right ? But right now there is no reason to jump in a 100 tonner if you have a Mad Cat IIC or a Cyclops in your garage. They are far more maneuvrable and sport a lot of weapons too. That's the problem.

The reason you take a 100 toner is to BRING MOAR GUNZ. DAKKA DALKA DAKKA

#211 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

So when is the next Clan 100t. is coming? Posted Image

#212 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 January 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

I actually like these arms more. Primarily their shield-like shape.

If those were made long enough to cover 'almost' the entire length of the side torso.. and still flexible up and down...
imagine the tactics you could use for self defense!

(Also: If the cockpit is any indication... This is one small 100 tonner.)

#213 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostKoniving, on 07 January 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I actually like these arms more. Primarily their shield-like shape.

The MWO model keeps the TT arm shields, thankfully. I just find the TT "pea shooters" a little too comical.

#214 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 January 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

The MWO model keeps the TT arm shields, thankfully. I just find the TT "pea shooters" a little too comical.

Posted Image
It does... true. Couldn't even tell they existed until now. But even then... these...are way too short length wise to provide any real advantages and fail to protect even the guns that the arms have.

#215 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

for the guys saying Huntsman are more durable than Bushwackers, they actually aren't. and the specific Bushwacker that's beating the crap out of them is the 6 missile hardpoint one. my brother plays clanner and clan pugs get ripped apart by them, and have to do twice the damage IS do to kill each other. I'm not arguing that a comp team guy from clan side can turn a Bushwacker into pate', but the vast majority of both sides is still pugs or casual units. with the Bushwacker in play now, IS really doesn't need the tonnage advantage in scouting anymore. we have our Stormcrow, the Clans should get their's back.

after all, the Scrow can't fit the same firepower as a Huntsman anyways, so there's not really that much of a problem with including it again. and we're pretty much doing to the Clans right now exactly what we bitched and complained about them doing pre-bushwacker and pre-tonnage drop, with running "Skillwackers," just like they were running "Skillcrows." I'm honestly a bit curious which would prove to be on top, as well.

also, FYI, if you're getting your butt kicked in a Bushwacker, you really should be torso twisting more, and moving more. Massed SRMs (as with MRMs) are only a big problem if you treat your mech like a turret and not the walking war machine it actually is, since standing still just means you eat the entire salvo to the face.

Edited by Arkhangel, 07 January 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#216 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

Blood Asp
BLOOD ASP
blood asp
BL()()]} A$P
bLoOd AsP

#217 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 07 January 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Blood Asp
BLOOD ASP
blood asp
BL()()]} A$P
bLoOd AsP

won't be surprised if that's what you guys get. is still weird to have the Heavy Lasers out, and not the mech that test-bedded them.

#218 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:50 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 06 January 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Warhammer IIC?

Perhaps a Blood Asp, hmm?

#219 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 07 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

is still weird to have the Heavy Lasers out, and not the mech that test-bedded them.

I agree, why don't we already have the Hellfire?

#220 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 07 January 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Gauss/PPC meta was clearly breaking the game at the higher tiers, just like jump snipe before screen shake. The devs needed to do something to bring the game into balance. Do you want energy draw instead of ghost heat? Make your pitch.

[color=#222222]

A risky strategy to give your paying customers what you think they need over what they want. Although a free-to-play, the game survives on the packages being sold (including my $500 Khan package (SMH)). To your point, they did bring in the Hellspawn, Piranha, and Black Lanner prior to the Sun Spider and the Fafnir. Additionally, Civil War and the Escalation packs had the Uziel, Cougar, Osiris, and Arctic Wolf included. However, even when there was a strict 3/3/3/3 enforcement in the queue, the wait times became unbearable. Ultimately, you may need to let people play what they want to play. Otherwise, you will not have a game that people want to play and no revenue coming in.

If you want to play lights and mediums, FP scouting is available for you.

You missed my point. 3/3/3/3 still should not have been the order of the day and ZERO incentive to run smaller. UNLESS when it was repair and rearm and you saw the multi million c-bill repair tally and had to recoup with your smaller/energy heavy/c-bill bonus mechs.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users