423 replies to this topic

#161 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostTankBadger42, on 06 January 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Fear nothing? Will unless it gets side torso armour out its ***, or odd hitboxes I'll not be fearing it at all...

(please don't mess this up PGI, it's my fav mech from this ira's lore)

View PostCathy, on 06 January 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

As is, this will be a terrible mech in game with massive side torso's filled with Gauss rifles..

It looks pretty, but you'd better hope for lots of armour quirks on them, because this mech has easy target written all over it.

Assaults have big hit boxes. They are big 'mechs. I suspect it's effectiveness will surprise you if you have such low expectations.

#162 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 06 January 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

My Warhorn sound proposal:

Ok here's my good old proposal...

#163 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 06 January 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

...because 100 tonners are supposed to be nimble and the 400XL Kodiak didn't break the game....

("Pass the salt please!")

I never said that 100 tonners have to be nimble, right ? But right now there is no reason to jump in a 100 tonner if you have a Mad Cat IIC or a Cyclops in your garage. They are far more maneuvrable and sport a lot of weapons too. That's the problem.

#164 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

View PostAleski, on 06 January 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

I never said that 100 tonners have to be nimble, right ? But right now there is no reason to jump in a 100 tonner if you have a Mad Cat IIC or a Cyclops in your garage. They are far more maneuvrable and sport a lot of weapons too. That's the problem.

You could use the same argument for 80 tonners vs 90 tonners. A bit less weapons but still more maneuverable, until you reach, how much? 65, 60 tons?

#165 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 06 January 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

The Assassin has wonky hitboxes. Apparently. I don't recall having much trouble hitting / killing them, but a fair few people do.

Yeah, the Javelin will fold when hit (like the Assassin), but it's pretty slim so can be hard to hit.

The missile pods are indeed part of the arms. They're hard to miss, really, and can be hit from almost any angle. The RT/CT snout is another easy target.

Might be a ping thing, but even at point blank range I can't kill those damn Assassins. Alpha Strike centre mass, literally spray damage all over the mech. Broken AF :)

#166 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostAleski, on 06 January 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

With a lower profile and a higher engine cap, most likely gonna replace some Annihilator builds in defensive FP situations... dual HG/LB20x builds with b/u weapons and marginally faster.

Will it be a game changer? No. But it could fill some niches in FP. Ecm will keep it alive a bit longer to close the distance.

Edited by UrbanTarget, 06 January 2018 - 01:34 PM.

#167 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

What would ne cool is if PGI offered PTS access to early adopters if perhaps waived their right to cancel... a little scary but getting some semi-realistic game data.before release may actually help smooth out some things...

...so long as they keep thinks like break dancing EbonKags and neon Gargles...

#168 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Lukewarm at best. Easy target. Gauss? Yeah I USED to like gauss. Each meta chasing scumsucker doing ppc/gauss, FOTM/gauss link so they had to introduce lame chargeup mechanic. And now gauss/ghost heat tomfoolery. So now I'm punished for even using a single gauss no link. NO THANK YOU. So no buy for me.!

Also. How are they gonna do visuals for ANY OTHER Ballistic in those "Wave Motion Gun" holes?
(Ever seen StarBlazers/Space Battleship Yamato?)

Posted Image

ALSO ALSO!
When are is PGI going to stop giving what people want versus what people NEED!?
Ever since the first "Wheres muh Mad Cat?!" its been $ mech pack challenge. We DO NOT NEED MORE ASSAULTS. WE need MORE LIGHTS AND MEDS AND MORE INCENTIVE TO USE THEM. The queue SHOULD NOT BE 60-70% heavies/assaults. It should be 80% lights and meds. Heavies and Assaults need to be feared and a financial commitment. Repair and Rearm enforced this. But that's another topic. This feeds that monkey again.

Edited by HammerMaster, 06 January 2018 - 03:05 PM.

#169 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 06 January 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

We DO NOT NEED MORE ASSAULTS. WE need MORE LIGHTS AND MEDS AND MORE INCENTIVE TO USE THEM. The queue SHOULD NOT BE 60-70% heavies/assaults. It should be 80% lights and meds. Heavies and Assaults need to be feared and a financial commitment.

We do not need any more Mediums. At least, IS doesn't.

View PostOvion, on 06 January 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#170 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 06 January 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

We do not need any more Mediums. At least, IS doesn't.

Not in actual variants but in actual use in the queue. I do like lists.

#171 Krostif

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

grrr the 1 mech i always said i couldnt resist ><

collectors pack bought Posted Image

#172 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 06 January 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Not in actual variants but in actual use in the queue. I do like lists.

Oh I agree. I seem to have swapped from being a mostly Heavy pilot to being a mostly Medium pilot. So many pilots play Assaults badly (myself included), they should stick to the Heavy class instead.

#173 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

Oh. That monocle over the cockpit. That'll be good for some upcoming memes.

#174 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 06 January 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Lukewarm at best. Easy target. Gauss? Yeah I USED to like gauss. Each meta chasing scumsucker doing ppc/gauss, FOTM/gauss link so they had to introduce lame chargeup mechanic. And now gauss/ghost heat tomfoolery. So now I'm punished for even using a single gauss no link. NO THANK YOU. So no buy for me.!

Also. How are they gonna do visuals for ANY OTHER Ballistic in those &quot;Wave Motion Gun&quot; holes?
(Ever seen StarBlazers/Space Battleship Yamato?)

Posted Image

ALSO ALSO!
When are is PGI going to stop giving what people want versus what people NEED!?
Ever since the first &quot;Wheres muh Mad Cat?!&quot; its been $ mech pack challenge. We DO NOT NEED MORE ASSAULTS. WE need MORE LIGHTS AND MEDS AND MORE INCENTIVE TO USE THEM. The queue SHOULD NOT BE 60-70% heavies/assaults. It should be 80% lights and meds. Heavies and Assaults need to be feared and a financial commitment. Repair and Rearm enforced this. But that's another topic. This feeds that monkey again.

Heh and i thought *i* was the only one think of the battleship andromeda

#175 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 06 January 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Not in actual variants but in actual use in the queue.

One of the missing elements for the Lore-heads...

Pretty sure you never had many battles with so many assualts/heavies... some variants barely exist anymore in this timeframe.

Additionally, skewing to lighter team weights would potentially increase TTL except for those whose hardware/connection can't handle the need for speed...

Edited by UrbanTarget, 07 January 2018 - 08:12 AM.

#176 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

View PostUrbanTarget, on 06 January 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

One of the missing elements for the Lore-heads...

Pretty sure you had many battles with so many assualts/heavies... some variants barely exist anymore in this timeframe.

Additionally, skewing to lighter team weights would potentially increase TIME TO KILL except for those whose hardware/connection can't handle the need for speed...

FTFY

#177 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 06 January 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

FTFY

That's a matter of perspective. Essentially means the same thing since you are "alive" untill you are "killed"

#178 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

The hit boxes look bad (components are large, distinct and surely easy to hit). The protruding CT and almost useless shield arms are particularly concerning for the least maneuverable tonnage in the game.

But it also looks like it will be fun if you can convince your team not to abandon you, like often happens to existing slow *** 100 tonners.

And yeah, this thing should have a special visual effect, or its weapon sounds should be tweaked to account for those massive weapon tubes. That would be awesome.

#179 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 06 January 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

The hit boxes look bad (components are large, distinct and surely easy to hit). The protruding CT and almost useless shield arms are particularly concerning for the least maneuverable tonnage in the game.

if they would have drawn inspiration from the TT Fafnir instead of the MW4 the CT would be safe.
tried to post pics but for some reason my comp is acting stupid and it wont let me post them
http://www.sarna.net...File:Fafnir.gif
http://www.sarna.net...W4-M_Fafnir.png
so going to have to do it this way

Edited by The Boneshaman, 06 January 2018 - 07:08 PM.

#180 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

the Fafnir was one of my favorite battle mechs in TT
when i saw they were introducing the Fafnir than i noticed thy were using the MW4 look

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users