Premium Time Control

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium Time control (106 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like Premium Time to count down only when logged in to MWO?

1. Voted Yes - I would like to get the full value of my premium time (98 votes [92.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.45%

2. No - The current system of Premium Time ticking away even when your not logged into the game is fine. (8 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

This topic may have already been discussed, but the search function for the forums provides either poor, or no results, so I'm going to ask myself:

Is there any way to 'defer' use of premium time?

It would be great to pay for something, and actually get the full value of it.
You see, I suffer from a common ailment:
have-a-life.

If I were to purchase premium time, and start using it, but was called away by some non-game situation, like work, my premium time would be burning off while I was away.

Not sure if any other players suffer from the same condition, but I'd like to get some feedback on this.
Please express your opinion via the Poll.

Who knows - PGI may bow to the will of the people - - - - (sorry, must be time for my meds)
Peace All

#2 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

I would like to thank those who have taken time to vote on this topic.
And if you have any constructive comments, pro or con, please feel free to share your thoughts.
Peace

Edited by Peace2U, 13 February 2018 - 02:10 AM.

#3 Rexarius

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!
say, idk, maybe only count the time I am in the actual game as premium time, even if you round it up to the nearest 1-hour increment. If so then it would also be nice to have an in-game timer showing how long you have been logged on (a timer that does hours and minutes).
Never know when a family emergency may arise and you cant play game for a week or more and you just lose that time (it has happened to me).
I know other games can do the "stop time" if you are logged out on boosts pots and the like.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

I agree with you folks, it would be great to bank all your Premium Time until needed.

#5 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

The Poll is gaining momentum.
100% positive voting so far, but I'm sure that may lure a few Nay-Sayers.
That being said, if the number of pollsters increase, and the response stays strongly positive, we might get some attention from the Crown.
Can anyone list a few popular games that allow you to 'bank' earned or paid-for benefits?
It might be an incentive for the developers to make MWO more "cost conscious".

Peace

Edited by Peace2U, 13 February 2018 - 02:11 AM.

#6 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:51 AM

View PostPeace2U, on 17 January 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

The Poll is gaining momentum.
100% positive voting so far, but I'm sure that may lure a few nay-Sayers.
That being said, if the number of pollsters increase, and the response stays strongly positive, we might get some attention from the Crown.
Can anyone list a few popular games that allow you to 'bank' earned or paid-for benefits?
It might be an incentive for the developers to make MWO more "cost conscious".

Peace

We can only hope they listen.

#7 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:05 AM

Even though this is going to probably cause attention from "Nay-Sayers" who are dead-bent on disagreeing with me, you're getting my SUPPORT and "Yes" vote. I'm as equally sick of Active Premium Time and such like constantly bending my arm to use it before it can disappear, even to the detriment of Real Life and my own Health, and by extension Other People's Real Lives and Health. We NEED to be able to take a breather without having unnecessary consequences just because we had to step away for a while. Constantly being "Under The Gun" when Active Premium Time is ticking has burned me out and taken its' toll on my ability to play MWO in general. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "You've got yet another SUPPORTer... I'm sick of this madness too." Devnull

#8 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

Recently I pre-ordered two mechs, Nightstar and Thanatos. Since the Nightstar was 30 minutes non-banked premium time I did not log into that (alt Inner Sphere character) account until the Thanatos was released also. However the Thanatos was such a useless mech I pretty much stopped playing MWO and all that premium time was not utilized, yet I paid for it believing the Thanatos would offer some fun new gameplay options and all it did was lower my PSR by half a level in 2 weeks.

So although I don't think there will ever be the option to pause Premium Time, any purchased Premium Time must be Banked for activation at a time when MWO gameplay and Mech quality warrants it's use. That way the quality of pre-order mechs will have to reach a minimal level of functionality that encourages players to use banked Premium Time.

#9 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

I think it should not be continuous time it should be hours of play. So I would be happy for there to be a different system
So for example if you buys a year premium time then it is a year and I would add a 6 month premium time option but then everything else should be on per hour played it need not more generous than 4 hours = 1 day equivalence but it should only be active time in game so I think that would be fair.

#10 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

They can track how many and what type bullets, lasers, rockets were fired. Whether they hit, how long you used each weapon, the amount of matches they were used, as well as damage total from each weapon. How many LRMS were shot down with AMS, the amount time I played each map and all stats that go with it, stats about every Mech I’ve used trial and owned, how many cbills, xp I’ve earned during each gameplay mode. Etc. Etc. Etc. It’s all in your player profile/stats.
With all that information they are given, it’s no excuse to not know when someone is in battle, in the mechlab, or offline. Purchased premium time should only tick away while in combat, Awarded premium time (from contest/promo) should tick away constantly once redeemed.
I consider the premium time when purchasing a Mech pack, and really don’t like being forced to use it as it activates upon redemption. Would like to see it go back to banked and not active. Can some tell me the reason it was switched in the first place?

#11 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

View PostMechaholics Anonymous, on 21 January 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

Awarded premium time (from contest/promo) should tick away constantly once redeemed.

This also needs to Pause when Offline. It's lead to far too many of my Health-Related Issues, and I know I'm not alone in terms of that problem. It ain't fair when you NEED to take a break, and something's just slipping away that shouldn't. :mellow:

~D. V. "It's why I'm Supporting in the first place, just among other reasons." Devnull

#12 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 January 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

This also needs to Pause when Offline. It's lead to far too many of my Health-Related Issues, and I know I'm not alone in terms of that problem. It ain't fair when you NEED to take a break, and something's just slipping away that shouldn't. :mellow:

~D. V. "It's why I'm Supporting in the first place, just among other reasons." Devnull

That’s fine by me as well, I’m not opposed to that. You aren’t the only one who neglects sleep, nutrition, work, family, responsibility, even life, just to maximize their Premium Time.

#13 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

The should change premium time from realtime days to in-game minutes.

How many minutes per day on average does a reasonably hardcore player play?
Make that the same cost as one day premium time, and there you go, conversion complete.

The only reason for PGI to keep premium time as realtime days is MORE MONEY$

#14 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

Generic Int. - Isn't there a RAP singer by that name??? Mo Money - - -

Look, we all know PGI has to make a profit, and we want them to, so they will continue to develop this game.
But fair is fair - If your not logged in to your account, your not using any of their resources, and you shouldn't be penalized by premium time ticking off.

Mr. Webster says: premium = something given as a reward, prize, or incentive.
Where is the incentive value while premium time depletes, like air leaking out of a tire with no hole in it.

PGI, Please pause premium time for all players not logged into MWO.

Thank you.
Peace

#15 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

My thanks to all who voted and commented on this post.
I don't think it is unreasonable for PGI to provide a fair value for premium time.
If it says 1day, 3days, etc. premium time, those should be measured in playing time, not being consumed while you are driving to work or picking your kids up at soccer practice.
That would be like buying an all day amusement park pass online, but it starts to tick down as soon as you purchase it. By the time you make it to the park you only have time for one or two rides - great value, Right?

Sorry about the salty rhetoric, but this is truly an outlandish policy.

I'll get back on my meds now - - - -
Peace, Out.

#16 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 01 February 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

My thanks to all who voted and commented on this post.
I don't think it is unreasonable for PGI to provide a fair value for premium time.
If it says 1day, 3days, etc. premium time, those should be measured in playing time, not being consumed while you are driving to work or picking your kids up at soccer practice.
That would be like buying an all day amusement park pass online, but it starts to tick down as soon as you purchase it. By the time you make it to the park you only have time for one or two rides - great value, Right?

Sorry about the salty rhetoric, but this is truly an outlandish policy.

I'll get back on my meds now - - - -
Peace, Out.

You make good sense and you are not too salty for me.

#17 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

it should only tic down in match you'd only need a couple hours for a hole days play then, i'd pay what it cost now for one day for 2-3 hours if it only ticked down in match

#18 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

View PostThe Blood God, on 05 February 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

it should only tic down in match you'd only need a couple hours for a hole days play then, i'd pay what it cost now for one day for 2-3 hours if it only ticked down in match

I agree Premium Time should only tick down when in actual use in games not offline or in the practice fields.

#19 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

I hate to admit it, but T.B.G. might have an idea that the 'Powers That Be' might be willing to consider.
Perhaps we could request premium time be purchased at an 'hours of play' rate vs 'per day' rate????
I'm sure they could configure the economics to be equivalent to the existing 'value' of daily premium time.

Any takers on that idea?
Peace

#20 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

View PostPeace2U, on 07 February 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

I hate to admit it, but T.B.G. might have an idea that the 'Powers That Be' might be willing to consider.
Perhaps we could request premium time be purchased at an 'hours of play' rate vs 'per day' rate????
I'm sure they could configure the economics to be equivalent to the existing 'value' of daily premium time.

Any takers on that idea?
Peace

That idea works for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users