Why New Players Quit Fp And What We Can Do About It

322 replies to this topic

#321 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 23 January 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

Yes, FP is full of casuals. And that's neither a bad nor a good thing.
Competitive is Competitive, Private Lobby and Leagues are competitive.
FP is and has always also been for the casuals. If it was to be solely for the Competitive 12 man Teams, it would be as dead as the comp queue is.
In fact the majority of players in mw:o are merely casual players.
OP was suggesting a "code of honor" to create a less hostile enviroment. But all you read here on the Forum is:
It's hardcore mode, their own fault for being farmed... or
I waited 3 minutes to find a match so I'ts my PGI given right to farm every last point of DMG and make the match last as long as possible.
The latter is the one that cracks me up the most, especially after being told several times: "We don't want to farm, we are here looking for a good fight."
You wait three minutes for a match, push in in 5mins kill the first wave and have the power to end the match, clearly it's not a good fight. But hey, I will most likely have to wait for 3 minutes again to get another match so lets make this one last as long as possible.

On the receiving end it's even worse: You wait for three minutes, then you have to wait and watch for 15-25 minutes, while you and your teambuddies are farmed before you can even drop into the next match! Yes unlike Quickplay you can't start a new match until the old FP Match has ended.

The next argument usually then is "git gud", Ok. Yes you want to be successful you need to improve. In order to improve you need to know where the mistake was and try to not make it the next time. By prolonging the match you are actually adding time and frustration between the actual mistake and the point where the player can try to make it better. And in this way makeing it much harder for the player to learn from, if he does at all. cause the additional buildup of extra frustration by being farmed masks out the actual problem. "wrong positioning of wave 1" then turns into "Enemy is OP, pls nerf"

I don't know what you are trying to say.

Most units I know in CW such as the one I am in, are casual. No practice, no real rules, no drop callers, nothing that would denote comp/pro or otherwise. Actually the only unit I see in CW with any frequency that might fit your description is 228 but it is only a small portion of them that are regularly involved in CW.

So, there are lots of times were we don't have twelve mans. When we do, there are usually four or five guests. We however need for there to be pugs to fill up our team a lot of times. On top of that most of us will jump in with only a few of us and fill up whatever team is out there. Most of us also solo in CW. Actually I have been farmed by my unit while in my alt more than once. I have even done it on purpose to learn a bit and to improve.

As frustrating as it may be to be farmed, it is part of the game. Just at you scoffing at peoples right to farm, the same scoffing can be applied to the right not to be farmed. This isn't a morals or code of honour issue. For it to be one, there'd have to be a much closer consensus on both sides. That doesn't exist. It never will and since this is a game involving combat which you have infinite lives, it is very hard to feel bad about shooting an enemy robot to bits. In fact I am rewarded handsomely for blowing them up.

You want to blow them up too obviously, but are making a distinction about where and when it is morally ok for you to do so. Those are your morals however, and mean as much to me as some folks who frown upon premarital sex. Yet we likely will agree that murder is bad. It's why the universally held belief is important and the personal stuff really isn't.

Then the get good rhetoric. That's garbage on both sides. It is as silly as it would be to go into a special needs class and scream for them to stop being ********, and expecting those golden words to have an impact.

There are however paths to varying levels of success. My first step was joining HHoD. Cause twelve terribads on comms is much better than a group not on comms. Often, even when the unorganised side is composed of players with more skills.

Ahh but not everybody wants to do that. Cool, well you can stick it out knowing it will be very hard and sometimes you will be farmed mercilessly.... or you can stick to the mode tailor made for solo players.

What shouldn't be entertained however is making the mode hostile to units and groups. Quick play group queue already did that and quick play itself has a pure solo mode.

So play and do whatever you like as it is all open and free for folks to do. Just accept that this mode is the only one where you get to form an unrestricted group and play. Cause if you really are pushing to change that, then quick play for solo's needs to be removed also. Solo's can't have it all.

#322 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:39 AM

[mod]Due to numerous violations of the Code of Conduct in this thread,
including insults, inappropriate language or topics, and other unconstructive discussion,
this thead is now closed.

Several reply-chains have been redacted or removed.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users