Patch Notes - 1.4.148 - 23-Jan-2018

325 replies to this topic

#301 GoldLanselot

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

After the patch, the game became impossible! Constantly overheating. The cooling system takes up more poles than weight weapons and still overheating. Very unhappy! Posted Image

#302 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:39 AM

View PostGoldLanselot, on 25 January 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

After the patch, the game became impossible! Constantly overheating. The cooling system takes up more poles than weight weapons and still overheating. Very unhappy! Posted Image

It takes less than a 1/2 second to make up for your cooldown loss for most builds. I think the PPC cooldown nerf was worse than the heat nerf...

...and how does a cooling system consume "poles" :P

#303 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

View PostJuIius, on 24 January 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Sometimes i wonder if people play the same game..... so it is easier for you when your Weapons have a longer Cooldown? Changed heat generation nodes in that lovely skilltree makes it easier too, thats right. Enemies dont get that change. No Problem, you are already in an walking convection oven with paper armor. It is easier when your enemies are tankier, harder to hit because of bad hitregs,Components with more health,faster firing weapons.
So please tell me, who is joking now....

Some weapons work better with longer cooldowns. Super hot ones especially. This reduces how often you fire, which in turn reduces how much heat you generate, so when you have a build that mixes ER PPCs, lasers, etc., you're less inclined to press that button that shuts you down and kills you.

Hitreg's pretty simple. Point and click. If you're not hitting, you're probably nailing INVISIBLE WALLS. Bring a TAG to spot them.
Posted Image
On the left is an invisible wall. You'll be able to hit these shooting out as well as shooting in. Lasers won't really even given you a proper indication of hitting them, but a TAG will. Otherwise you'll think it is bad hit registration and blame it, rather than either blaming yourself for shooting from so close to an obstacle or blame the levels for being so poorly made when it isn't the network code that's ******* you up.

Once you get an idea of how long invisible walls are, you'll stop wasting your shots on them, and find hit registration to be reasonably good. And on something that's difficult to hit, stop going for the torso. Just land a shot on the leg, most legs on most fast things are 10 to 30% thicker than the legs actually are just to make it easier on the HSR system to register your hits. The same treatment has not been given to their torsos. So nail legs, break them, and you'll have an easy time. Most IS mechs have thicker legs than most Clan mechs, so that's even advantageous to you guys; exceptions on the Mist Lynx, the Arctic Cheetah, and the Piranha apparently as that thing's legs just shred like paper. Thunder thighs over there loves to snap, crackle and pop.

Finally, the actual amount of heat reduction to your typical weapon with the new heat reducing nodes, is still in some cases superior than the reduction to heat on inferior IS weapons. Their difference firing rate also gives you more time to cool.
It does kind of hurt the cooling power of "identical heat weapons", that aren't providing superior range, superior damage, etc., such as the Clan ER PPC to their Heavy PPC, but honestly the difference in firing rate makes the Clan ER PPC easier to use than the IS Heavy PPC.

So yeah. It's made the game a lot easier for me when it is all combined together. Just the heat nodes would make it harder, sure, but honestly if you do the math the IS had been getting the short end of that stick for a while. When the percentage is the same, and you compare an IS 5 damage ER medium laser for 4.5 heat to the superior ranged, superior 7 damaged ER medium laser at 6.3 heat, and apply the same 10.5% heat reduction, you've got a reduction of 0.4725 heat to the IS and a reduction of 0.6615 heat to the Clans. In exchange for the superior range, the superior damage, Clans are supposed to be hotter but instead Clans are making out like bandits...

Tack in the fact that Clans can fit 15 more double heatsinks maximum than the IS can... and it really stacks in the Clans' favor of being ice cold with insane heat thresholds.

So the transition from IS to Clans, is a lot lighter since the difference in overall heat is a lot less, now, compared to when the Clans could just be ice cold all the time if built towards DPS and thermal threshold as opposed to pure alpha strike potential.

So now the Clans are about as hot as the IS when it comes to DPS instead of so cold that transitioning back to the IS mechs is hard since the IS mechs can't handle the heat, so yes... it made the game easier for me as someone that switches back and forth often. A lot easier, as now the Clans feel as hot as the IS do.

Edited by Koniving, 25 January 2018 - 07:29 AM.

#304 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 January 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Think of it as enforced moderation for button mashers? Posted Image

I was testing my Warhawk Prime yesterday and found that the enforced moderation will definitely help those who are trigger happy, but I also find it makes the warhawk much more restricted and unfortunately punishes those who had good trigger control. I found overheating to be punishment enough for shooting the erPPCs too quickly. I think I have to start putting mobility quirks on it so that it can pop in and out of cover more easily and take less damage while waiting for the weapon cooldown.

#305 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 25 January 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

I was testing my Warhawk Prime yesterday and found that the enforced moderation will definitely help those who are trigger happy, but I also find it makes the warhawk much more restricted and unfortunately punishes those who had good trigger control. I found overheating to be punishment enough for shooting the erPPCs too quickly. I think I have to start putting mobility quirks on it so that it can pop in and out of cover more easily and take less damage while waiting for the weapon cooldown.

I've had no problems with the heat issue since the patch...

My Direstar performs *exactly* the same!

>.>

<.<

v.v

^.^

#306 JuIius

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

View PostKoniving, on 25 January 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

Bla bla wall of text

killed me... tired of talking against walls.... hope you enjoy

Edited by JuIius, 25 January 2018 - 12:50 PM.

#307 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

Clans nerfed again, IS buffed again. Cant say I'm surprised. Also no surprise to me that my interest in playing gets nerfed every patch.

#308 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:05 AM

as long as clan still has lighter weaponry/equip and superior XL engines they have no reason to cry. once they lose those, i will listen.

Edited by Genesis23, 26 January 2018 - 05:05 AM.

#309 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

The bowels of Mechwarrior Online churned-a new creation was to be born. The sounds of gears-oiled by the flesh and blood and cash of unwitting pawns-reflexively turned, creating and designing a new machine, one to punish the slow, the stupid, the cranky.

With a retch-inducing heave, a impure and tainted sound,the great metal-and-flesh Sphincter of Mechwarrior Online splayed open-sticking for a moment to the creation, the unholy image of prolapse disgustingly apparent. A small creature-premature, covered in oil and organic birthing fluids-quivered, the ichor dripping off in globs of slime.

The creature stirred. It stood-unsteadily at first, slowly rising to two-toed feet. A mouth agape, ruby-red and reflective materials inside; Two thin, straight lines were the eyes of this morbid creature. Multiple weapons ports dotted the front of the machine; Each a high-caliber machine gun, developed to tear apart components in seconds. And then-it spoke.

Softly at first. "Piiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr..."

"Rrrrrr...."

"Rraaaaaanhhhhhhhaaaaaa".

It glanced around, raising its arms above its head, as the crowd of Mechwarriors gazed upon it, bowing-some cried, some laughed, some had unmoving glares of hatred and said nothing. And it cried out a new sound-alien and incomprehensible, the noise was slowly turned into an identifiable language. All the Piranha said, was one bone-chilling sentence.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, NORMIES GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by Catten Hart, 26 January 2018 - 07:05 PM.

#310 Brokmuk

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

A piranha with 20 tons can handle 12 Mgs???????????? where is my assault that handles 12 AC2?

#311 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

View PostBrokmuk, on 27 January 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

A piranha with 20 tons can handle 12 Mgs???????????? where is my assault that handles 12 AC2?

The Bane/Kraken's default loadout is 10 cUAC2s and 4 machineguns, so if that ever pops up, maybe.

#312 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Faction Play: Fixed an issue where additional War History archive pages could not be accessed.

Hmm, when will this happen? Last update on the Main Conflict tab for War History the main page is still showing Oct 17, 2017... A player currently has to cycle through to PAGE 6 to see the most recent historic conflict results...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 January 2018 - 04:25 PM.

#313 Adrikk

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

All the Clan nerfs calls for a song:

"Nerf, nerf, nerf your boats,

Gently down the stream,

Crappity, crappity, crappity, crap

Clanner4Life is but a dream."

(Feel free to addon lyrics to the collective Clan grief)

#314 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Well, I finally caught up with the end of this thread... Thanks to an Extra HotFix that hasn't been linked to, I had to go and track it down yet again...

-- Patch Download Info --
Notes: --> https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/01/1998-hotfix-scheduled-for-30jan2018
Link: --> http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_323.zip
Version: 1.4.149
Size: ~9.1 MB

...and I will now hope that whoever still needs it can download with their Web Browser, then have fun and enjoy. As for me, I've got to take a rest, I think. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "You're welcome, everyone. I wish I wasn't feeling dazed." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missing Link that should have been there...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 31 January 2018 - 12:08 AM.

#315 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

What's in the Hotfix?

I feel like they may have added ghost heat to Clan LBX 20s, as my Hunchback IIC got a heat warning on HPG. I also am pretty sure I used to have 40 shots and now only have 36...

Can't prove either one, and there's no GH warning in the Mech Lab. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Edited by Jonathan8883, 30 January 2018 - 08:23 PM.

#316 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 30 January 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

What's in the Hotfix?

I knew I forgot something when I was posting earlier. I'll go fix my other post now with a link to the Patch Note for the 1.4.149 HotFix. Thanks for the nudge. :)

~D. V. "One edit to do..." Devnull

#317 His Mistress Voice

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:24 AM

Admit it, you fixed the F5, F3 Bug in Testing Grounds.

Covering up the messed up Cockpit View in FPV mode you are using.

#318 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

View PostHis Mistress Voice, on 31 January 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Admit it, you fixed the F5, F3 Bug in Testing Grounds.

Covering up the messed up Cockpit View in FPV mode you are using.

It's sad that they did that. Heck, I wish you hadn't reminded me. Why? I really liked being able to see how they rendered the internals of the cockpit from a Non-First-Person View! :(

~Mr. D. V. "I'm really going to miss that 'feature' which PGI treated like a 'bug'... DAMNIT!" Devnull

#319 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, i'll miss it.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!...nBcBCn_Il4ZSn-Q

#320 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:42 AM

Hey guys, its the start of February... so like when is the February Patch notes coming out and what challenges are there in February? I tried checking for future events but nothing showed up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users