69 replies to this topic

#41 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:03 AM

I'm just going to write down some of these names, for... No reason really. It's just that my Scorch doesn't have any friends and I was thinking that perhaps some of you lovely folk would like to be introduced to her. At point blank range.

#42 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:09 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 June 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

I'm just going to write down some of these names, for... No reason really. It's just that my Scorch doesn't have any friends and I was thinking that perhaps some of you lovely folk would like to be introduced to her. At point blank range.

lol !

#43 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:25 AM

Sunspider vanguard + 2xcLRM20 + 2xcLRM15 + AMMO = Hilarity

#44 Callsigntal0n

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:35 AM

Personally i run my maddog revenant with 2 lrm15+art and 4 medium pulses. You get enough ammo to last the whole match plus the medium pulses are enough to scare off lights and mediums as well as finish off heavies and assaults. 250 to 300m is your best effective range. Only reason i dont do 20s +art with smaller lasers is because the 20s have too much spread compared to the 15s and i like being able to defend myself and not get ran over by a ballsy light pilot. Though i admit my mech of choice is a lbx20 3hvy med hellbringer. Just something so damn satisfying about having a big *** cannon to ***** slap people with.

#45 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

Can't the Rev fit two LB20-Xs? I only ever saw one in Solaris, but the only thing more frightening as a brawler than seeing that your opponent is in an Annihilator, is seeing that your opponent is also a brawler.

#46 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:24 AM

View PostCallsigntal0n, on 21 June 2018 - 04:35 AM, said:

Personally i run my maddog revenant with 2 lrm15+art and 4 medium pulses. You get enough ammo to last the whole match plus the medium pulses are enough to scare off lights and mediums as well as finish off heavies and assaults. 250 to 300m is your best effective range. Only reason i dont do 20s +art with smaller lasers is because the 20s have too much spread compared to the 15s and i like being able to defend myself and not get ran over by a ballsy light pilot. Though i admit my mech of choice is a lbx20 3hvy med hellbringer. Just something so damn satisfying about having a big *** cannon to ***** slap people with.

Mine has normal 20s and four ERMLs.

I'll also make note that LRM20s and LRM15s (last I knew) have the same spread. This was altered at the same time LRM5s and LRM10s where given the same spread.

#47 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

Assault Lrmer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

I still stand by my AWS-8R. Cranked out just over 1800 damage with it yesterday (just FYI... I was defending the VIP, not farming damage from it ):

Posted Image\Posted Image

The build is slightly different now - I dropped a couple tons of ammo after the latest buff, then used the tonnage to bump the engine up to XL 300 and add two more Double Heat Sinks

Edited by Horseman, 21 June 2018 - 07:45 AM.

#49 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:54 AM

My best LRM boat is my Timberwolf 2X LRM 20 Artemis , 5 Med lasers , 2 Mach guns .

This LRM boat can seriously defend himself or brawl with the best of them once he runs out of LRM,s which takes forever cause he has a gagillion missile ammo .

#50 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:09 AM

COU-E (2x LRM15+A)
Why? Well, because you don't have to be conscious about "sharing armor" in this one. Posted Image
As a plus you even get useful set-of-8 quirks!

#51 The 4th Amigo

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

I bought a TBR-D when it was on sale because I've been wanting a Timberwolf for a while. I changed the loadout to 4xLRM15s and 2xHML. Not real great up close but I can do some significant damage from a long way away. I might change the arms to add more energy hardpoints.

#52 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:17 AM

This is my silliest LRM boat, and have proven to be effective when not stomped.

VANGUARD

2xcLRM20, 2xcLRM15, cAP, 11 tons/LRM ammo

I built this as a joke because i have begun to hate the Sunspider chassis and it worked...

Edited by Agent of Change, 11 July 2018 - 11:20 AM.

#53 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

Behold the Lurmclops.

Fast enough to get into lurmin' position, and cool enough to fire for quite a while.

Who needs backup weapons, just stay in the middle of your team. Feel free to fire at things 800 meters away, you got enough lurms you can spray and pray. Ideally you get up close and unload on things just behind a small hill 300 meters away.

#54 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

View PostAgent of Change, on 11 July 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

This is my silliest LRM boat, and have proven to be effective when not stomped.

VANGUARD

2xcLRM20, 2xcLRM15, cAP, 11 tons/LRM ammo

I built this as a joke because i have begun to hate the Sunspider chassis and it worked...

The Sunspider seems to do well with my quad AC2 build, if you were interested in trying it. Two LBx2s and two UAC2s with dual HMLs (can be ERMLs if desired). Spits out damage like crazy. (Quad UAC2s ended up being too hot and it sucked when all four UACs jammed at exactly the same time after a single shot...)

#55 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 11 July 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Behold the Lurmclops.

If you want Atremis / faster locks and LFE... Do THIS

~3200 ammo with skill maze nodes so good enough for 1800dmg or there about.

#56 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 July 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

If you want Atremis / faster locks and LFE... Do THIS

~3200 ammo with skill maze nodes so good enough for 1800dmg or there about.

I took a look at that build... and realized I can do almost the same thing (3x ALRM15) on an ARC-2R with an XL300 at 20 tons less. Making a couple of those for a LRM fp deck now... 2x ARC-2R, a NARC raven, and an ERLL battlemaster is gonna be legit I think.

#57 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 12 July 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I took a look at that build... and realized I can do almost the same thing (3x ALRM15) on an ARC-2R with an XL300 at 20 tons less. Making a couple of those for a LRM fp deck now... 2x ARC-2R, a NARC raven, and an ERLL battlemaster is gonna be legit I think.

You could do 3xALRM15 on an AWS-8R as well, with 5% more cooldown and better cooling to sustain fire.Two of them can fit in a deck with a Battlemaster and still leave enough tonnage for a Locust or a Flea, of you could fit AWS+BLR+CPLT+RVN

Edited by Horseman, 13 July 2018 - 12:09 AM.

#58 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

^ Yep. Awesome 8R is the way.

View PostEisenhorne, on 12 July 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Indeed 2R is tip top. Brutal machine for it's tonnage actually :)

One of the best though is still the AWS-8R - 3x LRM15A... Don't use 4, it can't heat manage. But with all the LRM15 quirks/missile quirks etc it is IMO, one of the best IS LRM Boat

#59 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:09 AM

Yea, the only IS LRM Boat I've found that I can do 4 with in a heat-efficient way is the MAL-1R, because it has -10% missile heat quirk instead of just -5% like the others.

The AWS-8R is pretty good, but I'm having trouble justifying it over the ARC-2R. It runs slightly cooler, but the ARC-2R has the missile velocity quirk, and since it fires a bit slower it's still cool enough with 12 DHS. So the ARC-2R gives very close to the same performance as the AWS-8R, and carries a similar ammo loadout, but 10 tons less.

For QP, the ARC-2R is definitely the better choice, since you only take up a heavy mech slot instead of an assault mech slot. I'd rather take the spot of a Hellbringer or something than that of an Annihilator in QP. FP it's more of a tough choice, and dependent on the rest of your deck.

#60 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

Both have a velocity quirk, actually (and same value of it) - it's just that ARC-2R has it as LRM Velocity where AWS-8R has it as Missile Velocity

Edited by Horseman, 13 July 2018 - 08:10 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users