• 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

YES Thank you.

#42 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

They must need to sell more Black Lanners.

#43 Churzy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Give it a couple of months, we'll soon be scouting in an Atlas :P

#44 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

So we can scout in an 60t is mech?

#45 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Just got to give you props for the hilarious "streaking" .gif Matt!

Even as an Inner Sphere pilot, that made me laugh!

Posted Image

#46 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

"Oh Heavens! How dare PGI put the Stormcrow back in, even though we Spheroids have better mechs that can counter it! Never mind that the clans have better alternatives. I'm going to throw a hissyfit into the forums! Rabble, Rabble!"

You have mechs like the Kintaro, Shadow Hawk, Bushwacker P1, and the Griffin 2N, yet the tearoid man-children are still complaining about that? I've played competent players from both sides of the fence. The clans already have found out that the Huntsman is the "it" mech for Scouting and the Bushwacker is one durable S-O-B. The Shadow Cat and Griffin 2N both are ECM jumpers. So putting the Stormcrow back in the game won't bring that much of a difference to Scouting matches. Just remember Sensei's words from The Karate Kid, "sweep the leg" and you'll be alright. As for the Black Lanner, bless its little heart, that mech is going to get beaten down by better IS mechs, unless someone buys a reinforcement pack for the Omnipods.

But yeah, complaining about a single clan mech, despite there being better alternatives to it, makes as much sense as a bunch of straight A+ students complaining about a B+ student. Seriously, grow up.

Edited by Will9761, 24 January 2018 - 10:30 AM.

#47 Maple Nachiman

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 52 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

Nothing to see here, move along, this ISN'T a cash grab.

#48 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

the only thing that will be interesting is the Lanner tends to be faster than the bushie, the stormcrow? is that better than a huntsman, i dunno bout that

#49 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 23 January 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water..... Posted Image

Good for the test tube baby clanners. We in the IS can go back to 4 ecm mech drop decks now. Even with all the reductions coming the clammer's way, they still easily put out more damage, than is possible by the majority of their IS counterparts. (Except for the top single IS chassis per weight class) #FarFromBroken

Apparently you have not faced many Bushwhacker/Kintaro scout Lance's on a Clan team have you? Also the Flamer+SRM Grffins and AC/20 +SRM4 Centurions.

#50 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 23 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

Maybe we should get a re balance on streaks so that this meme doesn't apply so much that it gets posted in scouting announcement posts.

#51 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Completely and utterly unnecessary. Bad form, PGI.

#52 Stephen Grendal

• PipPip
  • Hauptmann-General
  • Hauptmann-General
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Welcome the chance to face off against them again, worked better than the way I was getting them to stop taking crows ;)

#53 Mistriever

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostAgent 0range, on 23 January 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

buy a mech pack! screw balance!

Yep, it's such tough going for the IS in Scouting these days...

#54 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Guys, guys...

Can we try not to be stupid?

For me?

No? Well, I'll just get it off my chest, then: Any tech imbalances that exist should not be spackled over with a tonnage difference. That goes for all modes of CW. It doesn't matter if you think Clans need the help or not: if they do, they should get it; if they don't, the tech imbalance should be fixed, not concealed - and you need good even-tonnage game telemetry to even make a decent go at that.

Also, it is not a "cash grab" every time PGI sells something. I know you heard the cool kids use that phrase, and it sounds so smart and cool - but really, you're just that obnoxious ten year old that just learned about profanity. Get over yourself, and stop trying to sound edgy by using big boy words you don't understand yet.

#55 Sniper Behind Ya

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

I didn't pre-order Black Lanner because of the Clan Scouting Mode tonnage cap. Now that it's reverted to 55, the pre-order is "re-promoted," but well after the Early Adopter awards expired.

:/

What's the benefit for pre-order now, except participating in 'Mech release event?

Edited by SedHurtYa, 23 January 2018 - 05:48 PM.

#56 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 05:32 PM.

#57 Agent 0range

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostMistriever, on 23 January 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Yep, it's such tough going for the IS in Scouting these days...

your obviously forgot why they changed it in the first place IS medium mechs haven't gained much since then. Clan potatoes will over run IS potatoes then clans will be max on scouting all the time and there will be much moaning and gnashing of teeth

#58 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

View PostThroe, on 23 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I was honestly enjoying my "HunchBlast" Dual LB-20X AC Hunchback II-C immensely during the last "Faction Play" challenge, that was allowing me to reliably score above 250 match score in Scouting mode.... and I rather doubt there was an imbalance between Clan and Inner Sphere that warrants this change(but of course, all I have is my own anecdotal evidence).

I also see no way to put such firepower in stormcrow. See no reason to change my dual LBX-20X HBK for stormcrow..
It even have no so many rocket slots as HMN... I don't think that a little speed up and armor will compensate lack of weaponry. Black Laner can replace Ice Ferret in term of a quick mech for a distance fights.

I realy don't think that clans need this boost in scounting. It' realy important to compensate annihilators in invasions. That's a real problem!

#59 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

View PostDeltree Zero, on 23 January 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Is this supposed to be funny?

Unimpressed. Thanks, PGI trolls.

hey, I for one am actually happy about it. Clans were actually getting steamrolled by 'wackers a lot of the time in scouting. throwing them a bone for it helps. plus they have a lot less choices of scouting mechs than we do.

they're not changing the Invasion decks because, well.. those include assaults and heavies. doy.

View PostWill9761, on 23 January 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Oh Heavens! How dare PGI put the Stormcrow back in, even though we Spheroids have better mechs that can counter it! Never mind that they have better alternatives. I'm going to throw a hissyfit into the forums! Rabble, Rabble!"

You have mechs like the Kintaro, Shadow Hawk, Bushwacker P1, and the Griffin 2N, yet the tearoid man-children are still complaining about that? I've played competent players from both sides of the fence. The clans already have found out that the Huntsman is the "it" mechs for Scouting and the Bushwacker is one durable S-O-B. The Shadow Cat and Griffin 2N both are ECM jumpers. So putting the Stormcrow back in the game won't bring that much of a difference to Scouting matches. Just remember Sensei's words from The Karate Kid, "sweep the leg" and you'll be alright. As for the Black Lanner, bless its little heart, that mech is going to get beaten down by better IS mechs, unless someone buys a reinforcement pack for the Omnipods.

But yeah, complaining about a single clan mech, despite there being better alternatives to it, makes as much sense as a bunch of straight A+ students complaining about a B+ student. Seriously, grow up.

Dude, fact is both sides whine equally when any major change hits.

View PostThroe, on 23 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Mainly because of the apparent absence of any reasoning here regarding gameplay balance.

I was honestly enjoying my "HunchBlast" Dual LB-20X AC Hunchback II-C immensely during the last "Faction Play" challenge, that was allowing me to reliably score above 250 match score in Scouting mode.... and I rather doubt there was an imbalance between Clan and Inner Sphere that warrants this change(but of course, all I have is my own anecdotal evidence).

Still, I would appreciate some commentary on this with the announcement, rather than this shameless plug for another preorder. It really smacks of them simply doing this to sell more stuff, and for no other reason.

There was an imbalance, look at the stats in scouting for Luthien and Tharkad. IS murdered Clans in it. Clans still have the edge in Invasion though.

#60 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

View PostVovochka404, on 23 January 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

I also see no way to put such firepower in stormcrow. See no reason to change my dual LBX-20X HBK for stormcrow..
It even have no so many rocket slots as HMN... I don't think that a little speed up and armor will compensate lack of weaponry. Black Laner can replace Ice Ferret in term of a quick mech for a distance fights.

I realy don't think that clans need this boost in scounting. It' realy important to compensate annihilators in invasions. That's a real problem!

actually.... Annihilators are about as much of a "problem" as Marauder IICs with dual LB20s are. now you know how the IS felt when we ran into the Dire Wolf or the original quad UAC/10 Kodiak. with the Annihilator and Nightstar, we actually have a hard counter now (King Crab was okay too, but it's not as effective as those two.) also, honestly, if you wanna take an Anni down, just keep your distance. they're brawling mechs. outmaneuver and flank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users