There Was A Time When You Didn't Have To Face Evil Or Kcom If You Didn't Want To

42 replies to this topic

#1 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

Back when the inner sphere could actually fight against other inner sphere houses you could actually choose your battles. Since most of the merc units were usually clan it helped with matchmaking somewhat. The battles among loyalist units were more even and enjoyable, but I guess that will just be a distant memory.

#2 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:42 AM

Get them on your friends list and avoid them. Or group up with people and have a better fight. Set yourself a goal for the match like ok i will do 1200 damage or 800 or 1800 whatever. Either way group up and enjoy the good with the bad. We had several games last night and won and lost some against a BO LAS team, far more fun than just running over pugs for the night.

#3 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

Or - perhaps if you know what we're probably running... Call the match for your team and try to counter/engage.

No one improves playing against other skittles, you have to be open to the challenge. We dropped as a 4 man last night vs an 11 or 12 man of MS, did not win, but still tried to do everything we could (I had comp issues to boot) even with the odds against us.

#4 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

Eh, other than the BM, playing Evil isn't so bad.

#5 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

KCom is IS right now, so instead of avoiding, join us!
Stop by our channels on the Comstar TS.
Anyone's welcome if they're willing to work with the team.

#6 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 02 February 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

[...]
No one improves playing against other skittles, you have to be open to the challenge.[...]

Well that is exactly the kind of thinking attitude the OP is addressing.
He does NOT want to.
And ppl calling other ppl names because they deem them to be somehow of lower worth belong into some kind of enclosure to keep the rest of the ppl safe from them.

#7 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostStarwulfe, on 02 February 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

KCom is IS right now, so instead of avoiding, join us!
Stop by our channels on the Comstar TS.
Anyone's welcome if they're willing to work with the team.

Yea, you guys are friendly. I was In a drop with some KCOM guys and some 1-WH guys, while I was pugging. Asked if I could join the group, said sure, so I joined the TS, and got a group invite and accepted it without looking at who sent the invite. Figured I was in the group. Apparently I didn't notice until I was in drop that the 1-WH guys had invited me to group, not the KCOM guys. Was very confusing, lol. Next time!

#8 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 02 February 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

He does NOT want to.

He doesn't want a challenge? That's brilliant. Load up MW4 and play vs bots. Minecraft is popular too.

And ppl calling other ppl names because they deem them to be somehow of lower worth belong into some kind of enclosure to keep the rest of the ppl safe from them.

Skittles = a varying mix.

#9 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

He does NOT want to.

If he doesn't want to get better, than that's a pretty poor attitude. Nobody should bash newer or lesser skilled players, but if they don't even want to TRY to learn how to play then they really should go play something else. I know there isn't a huge population of players here, but I'd rather not have a guy like that on my team, even if I have to wait longer to get someone else.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 02 February 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#10 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

i have no problem going up against kcom or evil or bcmc on any given night, however ill admit doing back to bck for hours on end isnt likely to be a thing, ill normally tap out after a couple matches or so since its just a lot to handle as the guy dropcalling, and i dont always want that stress when its getting later and im winding down.

one thing that does warrant keeping in mind however, is when those teams, or any big teams, start dropping in force, back to back, ques kinda die off. i noticed it last night in qp too even. things started ok, and as the night got later and later we ended up only running up against d5, 228, and -SA- more and more often, as if less people were in que, forcing us to play with or against them. not a big deal, but its difficult when its drunk dropcalling night, and your lookin to just mess around in qp. this trend also seems to happen in fw, were a high end team hops on and all of a sudden your the only guy left in your factions side of the que.

after considering all of the evidence i have available to me, i can only surmise that when high end teams start dropping together, people stop queing, and by around 8 or 9pm pst, there isnt anyone left in gq or fw, hence the exceedingly high que times during those hours. we can tell people to group up all day, but thats the kind of cycle that this game is in.

#11 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 02 February 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

Get them on your friends list and avoid them. Or group up with people and have a better fight. Set yourself a goal for the match like ok i will do 1200 damage or 800 or 1800 whatever. Either way group up and enjoy the good with the bad. We had several games last night and won and lost some against a BO LAS team, far more fun than just running over pugs for the night.

Some of us have gotten wise to that which is why I don't add friends on my friend list anymore. At least not on my main. Too much Que Dodging going on. Evil has been dropping more like 6-8 lately. 12 mans of evil is just too op.

Edited by Ragnar Baron Leiningen, 02 February 2018 - 10:14 AM.

#12 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

View Postnaterist, on 02 February 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

i have no problem going up against kcom or evil or bcmc on any given night, however ill admit doing back to bck for hours on end isnt likely to be a thing, ill normally tap out after a couple matches or so since its just a lot to handle as the guy dropcalling, and i dont always want that stress when its getting later and im winding down.

one thing that does warrant keeping in mind however, is when those teams, or any big teams, start dropping in force, back to back, ques kinda die off. i noticed it last night in qp too even. things started ok, and as the night got later and later we ended up only running up against d5, 228, and -SA- more and more often, as if less people were in que, forcing us to play with or against them. not a big deal, but its difficult when its drunk dropcalling night, and your lookin to just mess around in qp. this trend also seems to happen in fw, were a high end team hops on and all of a sudden your the only guy left in your factions side of the que.

after considering all of the evidence i have available to me, i can only surmise that when high end teams start dropping together, people stop queing, and by around 8 or 9pm pst, there isnt anyone left in gq or fw, hence the exceedingly high que times during those hours. we can tell people to group up all day, but thats the kind of cycle that this game is in.

it's also possible that most players are east coast, and on a workday by 9pm pst (midnight est) people are logging off to go to sleep to wake up for work/school next day

#13 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

View Postnaterist, on 02 February 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Maybe, but in my experience it slows down then because that is when the dire-hard Europeans cannot be talked into “one more drop”...because it’s 4 or 5 AM, plus EST & CST NA players start saying “I would love to but I have to go to work early in the morning”.....and the oceanic people aren’t on in force yet.

#14 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 02 February 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Maybe, but in my experience it slows down then because that is when the dire-hard Europeans cannot be talked into “one more drop”...because it’s 4 or 5 AM, plus EST & CST NA players start saying “I would love to but I have to go to work early in the morning”.....and the oceanic people aren’t on in force yet.

that may be the case, but how many people want to go against empereal for example? not many, just look at the comp que when it was out. those guys camped out in comp que and it died, why? because people who arent eon know that fighting empereal isnt gonna land you a bunch of wins. now i do know a lot of people who DO leave because of work, but i gotta admit that when we arent running into comp level teams, we normally go until 9 or 10, but when we do run into comp level teams back to back, the ts is normally a ghost town by 7 or 8.

that could just be a coincidence, but coincidences dont generally stay true for over a year straight.

Edited by naterist, 02 February 2018 - 10:45 AM.

#15 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

You mean that terrible time when the system supporting teams from avoiding each other and rewarded that faction for dodging by punishing the players that were actually trying to play the game mode?

Ghost Drops...

Here, you can drop freely on this planet for 7 times (15 minutes each attempt) before the faction's defenses need to come to its aid. Its okay, cause if you didn't start doing this 2 hours before the end of the attack cycle, you were screwed in getting the planet anyways.

I know its still there, but man... The Ghost Drop feature implementation is bad.

#16 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

View Postnaterist, on 02 February 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

that may be the case, but how many people want to go against empereal for example? not many, just look at the comp que when it was out. those guys camped out in comp que and it died, why? because people who arent eon know that fighting empereal isnt gonna land you a bunch of wins. now i do know a lot of people who DO leave because of work, but i gotta admit that when we arent running into comp level teams, we normally go until 9 or 10, but when we do run into comp level teams back to back, the ts is normally a ghost town by 7 or 8.

that could just be a coincidence, but coincidences dont generally stay true for over a year straight.

While imho it’s probably mostly Timezone related, people do tend to be easier to convince to stay for “one more” if they are winning and running into comp level teams tends to mean losses.

#17 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 02 February 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

While imho it’s probably mostly Timezone related, people do tend to be easier to convince to stay for “one more” if they are winning and running into comp level teams tends to mean losses.

my point exactly.

#18 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

View Postnaterist, on 02 February 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

my point exactly.

My point was more that you would naturally hit a lull (“comp level teams” dropping or not) around that time. Just due to timezones. The Pacific Ocean occupies a few timezones that have nearly 0 players in them (apologies to Hawaiians, etc). So, comp teams dropping or not you are going to hit that lull about the time you are describing. Europe’s asleep, many NA people are starting to log off and Oceanic (which isn’t a huge tz for MWO) isn’t in primetime yet. But I agree you might squeeze an extra drop out of folks if the games are competive or they are just winning....but it still isn’t going to change that there will be some drop off no matter what

#19 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

you don't have to face us in quickplay.

#20 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 02 February 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

He doesn't want a challenge? That's brilliant. Load up MW4 and play vs bots. Minecraft is popular too.

Skittles = a varying mix.

My friend I know exactly how you feel.

Personally though I accept most friend invites (not from angry or trolly french amphibious regulars however), because I have seen people eject/disconnect after seeing the other teams tags. I know you have seen it a whole bunch.

Not just when sporting my own undeserving tag, but when I am pugging incognito.

A couple of weeks ago this happened when I was Mechwarrior2470942 and you and Relix where in the opfor (HPG manifold).

So you have people made of the weaker stuff, and the system doesn't protect them. So they choose a lot of the time to behave badly, not only making the game less enjoyable for you, but the team they are on.

So since I don't expect PGI to fix it, I would rather help people who are going to quit anyways, to avoid having to do so. That helps whatever team not stuck with them, more than it does them anyway.

That is why I will do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users