#41 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

View PostKwea, on 06 February 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

How many cycles has IS won recently? NONE.

That's right NONE, even with a lot of good units going IS, and with tech being much closer to balanced these days, even with all those quirks. NONE.

I love iS< and they are better than they were before LFE, but they aren't the same. Clan is still more powerful if you use it right, and clan mpl as still amazing.

It's none because the fights are even though (in terms of teams/wins etc). And in a half balanced world no-one will ever win planets.

Hence the whole ToW bar is pretty flawed method of calculating it all IMO and it encourages stacking and/or Gen Rushing etc.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 06 February 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#42 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,881 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

the sphere is definately more fun. i really dont like a lot of clan weapons so i end up with laser vomit on most builds on the clan side. but the is side i can bring mrms, and their autocannons are more fun and i have more gauss and ppc options available. and all mechs are battle mechs so theres quite a lot of variety in builds.

seems i win and loose games on both sides. i dont track the frequency of this. too much trouble turning screen caps into spread sheets. aint got no time for that, and it detracts from the fun. its sort of like my best mechs spreadsheet, none of the top mechs are ones i particularly like to take even though its effectively my own personal meta if my metrics are to be believed. perhaps i just am not comfortable walking on easy street. my safe space is in hell.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 February 2018 - 03:33 PM.

#43 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

I prefer my IS mechs cuz, ARMER

#44 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 06 February 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

It's none because the fights are even though (in terms of teams/wins etc). And in a half balanced world no-one will ever win planets.

Hence the whole ToW bar is pretty flawed method of calculating it all IMO and it encourages stacking and/or Gen Rushing etc.

Idea; instead of a ToW what about something like a healthbar? Successful defends "heal" and attacks damage. If you defend with all gens/omega still up then you heal for more. If you attack and take out the objective and kill all mech's quickly then you deal more "damage" to the healthbar. Thoughts?

#45 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

View PostGrus, on 07 February 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Idea; instead of a ToW what about something like a healthbar? Successful defends &quot;heal&quot; and attacks damage. If you defend with all gens/omega still up then you heal for more. If you attack and take out the objective and kill all mech's quickly then you deal more &quot;damage&quot; to the healthbar. Thoughts?

Your terminology is kinda whack, but the concept of the bar moving different amounts in correlation with in match statistics is a solid one. Ive had that thought from time to time as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users