175 replies to this topic

#41 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

As a serious note to the OP, for those trying to get a planet tag, there is an overarching strategic theory to getting tags, and gen rushing is part of it.

If your attacking and the other team has a solid chance, based off past experience, of beating you, then you gen rush or at worst delay
If your attacking and the OpFor arent so great, its better/faster to kill everyone and get the gun when the gen area is clear of hostiles
If defending and the other team is worse than you, you smash them asap and reque. treat it like super skirmish.
If defending and the other team is better than you, you delay hard.

The end result of fighting worse teams is youll have more wins on the counter in less time. If fighting a better team you rush for a chance at a tic on the counter for you, or you delay. Delaying results in the superior team not requeing and undoing your positive tics on the slider as quickly, which gives other teams a chance to move the slider in your favor, since the enemies top tier team isnt there to stop them as their tied up with you.

Overarching-ly you ask yourself, can i get points on the board for a win quickely and easily? If yes, you get the points towards the tag, if your awnser is no, you ask yourself if you can help the sliders movement overall, as your individual tics mean nothing if the unit your facing are undoing the overall win rate for your faction, as you dont get **** if you win but your faction doesnt.

in order of most ideal to least ideal:
winning quickly > having them win slowly > having the OpFor win twice in the same period of time due to stomping

Edited by naterist, 05 February 2018 - 11:28 PM.

#42 Johnathan Von Tanner

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:31 PM

What simply blows my mind is that anyone still cares. Idk about other units, but BCMC plays exclusively for fun. We dont care about planet tags or MC, Or weather clan or IS is winning.

I remember phase 1-2 and delaying tactics when you knew you where screwed against better teams so that others would have a chance. I remember hundreds or desperate gen rushes. All so we could get meaningless dots a certain color, **** we didn't even get MC and there was no leader board to E-peen on. It was all for faction pride and it was awesome and fun. But thats dead now, And long buried under years of mediocrity, neglect, and passive aggressiveness from PGI whenever we dared to say this sucks. I really dont get gen rushing in the mode now.

Edited by Johnathan Von Tanner, 05 February 2018 - 11:36 PM.

#43 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:25 AM

Gotta disagree Ragnar,
you can't tell an enemy how to fight on a battlefield, as they say, you cannot win fighting an honourable fight if your opponent does not fight honourably.
It is what it is and we need to adapt to changing situations.

#44 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:33 AM

We do objectives rushes if the map and/or game mode sucks to get quickly a new match.

Why should we poke/fight it out to the end when we are playing on a map which prefers clanner tactic like polar highlands?

Why should we not go on objectives when we have attack mode on boreal? its hard enough to win this for a casual unit like we are.

Incursion on Frozen? No fun in any way. A quick base rush -> win -> next match

Why should we NOT go on objectives when we are facing a best-of-clan-premade? If THEY dont care to protect their gens because they want to play the snipey-snipe game to farm maximum damage, then it is not my problem....

Do you really expect we are doing what the enemy want???

Then you didnt get the essential point of war: NOT doing what the enemy expects or want you to do.

And you cant tell people why they want to win because you dont know. For cbills, for xp, for LP, for KMDs, planet tags? You cant say and you dont have to dictate other people to overthink their goals in FP.

Its like i demand that clanners should not use long range weapons anymore because i feel uncomfortable to play against them. That makes no sense.

#45 Johnathan Von Tanner

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:53 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 06 February 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

Then you didnt get the essential point of war: NOT doing what the enemy expects or want you to do.

But there is no war, We all lost because we let PGI win. We are literally playing a dying mode in a dying game. Theres no point to anything here except shooting robots in a match. Are there really players left who care about this crap? I really don't get it.

#46 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:15 AM

View PostJohnathan Von Tanner, on 06 February 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

But there is no war, We all lost because we let PGI win. We are literally playing a dying mode in a dying game. Theres no point to anything here except shooting robots in a match. Are there really players left who care about this crap? I really don't get it.

to quote myself:

"We do objectives rushes if the map and/or game mode sucks to get quickly a new match."

#47 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:29 AM

Actually with C-ERPPC nerf clans now have no way to fight off against two waves of ERLL BLR. Also pretty much nobody in this topic has issues with baserush on incurtion it’s more about turning only mode a lot of people enjoyed playing (Siege) into nonsense sometimes.

#48 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:43 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 05 February 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Incursion and conquest are what they are. I won’t even discuss those.

Drop caller for 12 man units need to stop because you are doing your teams a great disservice.

1. Cbills- your players who need better mech load outs don't make **** for cbills by gen rushing.
2. Skill- Your players are not learning to coordinate shooting and trading and most importantly working together to bring down targets.
3. Synergy- you need to force your players to synergize builds with each other to maximize armor damage taken and damage output. I see too many teams with 9 guys pushing and 3 guys (usually drop callers) hitting from the back. If you want to see a drop caller who pushes from the front look at Pat Kell. Drop callers should be leading teams.
4. Positioning- If your not going to try and defeat your enemy you will never learn how to position your team correctly to do so.

Secure victory then play with food.

Can't win by objectives, your rushing.

Can't win by killing, that's clubbing.

So, prepare for both from now on. Going to secure victory and then beat the snot out of you.

Enjoy.

#49 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:30 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 06 February 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Secure victory then play with food.

Can't win by objectives, your rushing.

Can't win by killing, that's clubbing.

So, prepare for both from now on. Going to secure victory and then beat the snot out of you.

Enjoy.

#50 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 05 February 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Examples, I apologized they are not embedding but the Forum wont host them.

https://i.imgur.com/BFyL8oH.jpg 3 Man of evils vs a unit. We were attacking. Shows the breakdown in shooting that's going on. It used to be you would have 10-12 units in FP that would fight it out in siege mode. Now there is like MS, KCOM, EVIIL, and BCMC.

https://imgur.com/a/GX9cj And again a unit with very sub standard damage that probably is due to loadouts more than anything. Which illustrates the lack of positioning, standardized load outs, and lack of teamwork.

https://imgur.com/a/X9y8a Here is an example of group of MS who do fight, vs players who gen rush. MS players greatly out damage the rest of their team.

All these examples are less than 10 days old.

I could care less about that. I am trying to help you help your players. Your barking up on the wrong tree with me.

Hot arrogance and calling out other units (in your screen shots) that don't play like you want them to won't win you any disciples.

#51 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 06 February 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Hot arrogance and calling out other units (in your screen shots) that don't play like you want them to won't win you any disciples.

To be honest, I don't think EVIL needs to win disciples. EVIL is an already well-established top tier team. I'm pretty sure some EVIL members with subjective behaviour will not deter skilled players from joining its ranks. I call out units too if they objective rush against a pug drop, I don't really care if they dislike me for doing so.

#52 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:22 AM

Some of you guys are way too worried about my unit tag and not on the message I am
Trying to deliver. It’s too bad you can’t see the forest through the trees. Denairwalker even stopped by evil chat and told
Me I had made a constructive good post. Do as you will than, but when we curb stomp
You for 48 kills I don’t wanna see “hacks” accusations because you won’t listen to good advice. I guess that old expression applies. Never wise up a chump.

#53 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 06 February 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Some of you guys are way too worried about my unit tag and not on the message I am
Trying to deliver. It’s too bad you can’t see the forest through the trees. Denairwalker even stopped by evil chat and told
Me I had made a constructive good post. Do as you will than, but when we curb stomp
You for 48 kills I don’t wanna see “hacks” accusations because you won’t listen to good advice. I guess that old expression applies. Never wise up a chump.

I just feel we want them to get better at this game much more then they wish themselves.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 06 February 2018 - 10:06 AM.

#54 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:11 AM

If teams would defend the objectives instead of stand on walls trying to break 3000 damage per pilot, people would not rush gens. :)

#55 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostJ a y, on 06 February 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

If teams would defend the objectives instead of stand on walls trying to break 3000 damage per pilot, people would not rush gens. Posted Image

Like defending actually prevents from yoloing into gens without fighting back like I described here.

#56 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 06 February 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Like defending actually prevents from yoloing into gens without fighting back like I described here.

Stopping gen rushers is easier than taking a leak. Lots of bigger teams either push out of their gates and leave things wide open or just take positions that would only benefit them if their opponents go for kills.

#57 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostJ a y, on 06 February 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Stopping gen rushers is easier than taking a leak. Lots of bigger teams either push out of their gates and leave things wide open or just take positions that would only benefit them if their opponents go for kills.

I understood your point but we're speaking about situation when your team actually defends and still gets this crap instead of an interesting game. Over and over and over again.

#58 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 06 February 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

I understood your point but we're speaking about situation when your team actually defends and still gets this crap instead of an interesting game. Over and over and over again.

Some teams use whatever's available to them. I know that some units lack of confidence in a straight up fight will bring them to rush gens, and that's fine with me. If opponents rush gens on you, be proud that they've determined that trying to kill you would be futile.

#59 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

I just want to make a closing statement here, all jokes aside.

Not every pilot or unit is as good as yours. Not everybody has the skill or creativity to grab wins against the bigger FW teams. To most pilots, a win is a win, and that's fine with me. Happy Tuesday.

#60 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 06 February 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Kinda funny how he turned down the topic from gen rush on IS vs clan is that some sort of primitive reflex of every IS pug? Also he's not existent in FP leaderboard lul

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users