Stalker 3Fb

34 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Tommarrow I have decided to acquire the Stalker 3FB. I plan on trying several of the builds I have found online. Will let you know how I do with them. If you have any builds let me know.

#2 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

TTB has a great video. He's playing with a friend and they each have a different build. It's worth watching and a fun video!

https://youtu.be/8nL1tiqtN24

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

View PostZookeeper Dan, on 08 February 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

TTB has a great video. He's playing with a friend and they each have a different build. It's worth watching and a fun video!

https://youtu.be/8nL1tiqtN24

I love videos by TTB. I watch videos from about 5-7 Mechwarriors including Snuggles Time.

#4 Frank D Tank

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:44 AM

I picked up the 3FB. It was the first mech I bought actually. When I first started playing the 3F(C) was a trail mech and it did pretty well. I liked it, so I figured I would get a Stalker as my first chassis. So I picked up the 3FB because it has ECM instead of the 3F.

I have to say I have not been disappointed. I run it as an ERML + ALRM30 loadout, which is ironic because as I have played the game more I have pretty much stopped using LRMs. This is my only mech that has them in the load out.

Here is the build I use: STK-3FB

I have also tried it with two less DHS and BAP, but didn't like it as much. The heat efficiency for the way I play it is really important. I am using self tagging at less than 600m, and working in the 5ERML into that mix.

This is my go to mech for events as it racks up damage, so you get a lot of Kills, Kills Most Damage, Component Destruction, etc. It racks up the CBills and crushes the goals for most events very quickly.

It is also quite tanky as well. Skill wise I invested in weapons systems, survivability, and sensors.

When pugging it is even more effective. It is crazy how when people in a pug see a stalker they immediately walk towards it and try to kill it. It is also amazing how after 1-2 shots with my 5ERMLs they start to run, which keeps them at optimum LRM range. Against better players you will need to maneuver and be more careful because you really want that enemy mech to stay between 200-600M so you can pepper them. Good players will continue to close that ground. When that happens twist and ERML them to death. Hopefully you have not wandered off on your own and still have the support of your team.

I am actually surprised this mech does not get more attention on the forums. Then again I am not an elite player by any means.

Edited by Frank D Tank, 15 February 2018 - 06:12 AM.

#5 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

Saw this build on Mechspecs:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8b075dc5547b7d0

Looks fun, wanted to try MRMs for some time now.

Link: https://www.mechspec...s-lfe300.13226/

#6 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

View PostZh0u, on 18 February 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Saw this build on Mechspecs:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8b075dc5547b7d0

Looks fun, wanted to try MRMs for some time now.

Link: https://www.mechspec...s-lfe300.13226/

I would swap MRM 20s for those MRM 30s and swap out the torso MLs for LPPCs. Overall I like this build.

#7 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

I like to think I bought "assault" back to this assault mech.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

3 LPLs and 3 ER MLs or 3 MLs. Don't put lrms or mrms on the 3FB please

#9 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

View Postmailin, on 03 March 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

3 LPLs and 3 ER MLs or 3 MLs. Don't put lrms or mrms on the 3FB please

I love MRMs and ERLLs.

#10 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

In the video you finished that match with nearly 700 mrms left over. adjust your tonnage downward and get a bigger engine and more armor. Also, on this Stalker, there is no reason to not run a Light engine. I'm not going to get into the mistakes on the video.

#11 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

View Postmailin, on 03 March 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

In the video you finished that match with nearly 700 mrms left over. adjust your tonnage downward and get a bigger engine and more armor. Also, on this Stalker, there is no reason to not run a Light engine. I'm not going to get into the mistakes on the video.

I'd do not have to come here to be insulted, I can get that anywhere Posted Image

On this account, I do not have the C-Bills for a Light Engine and I did not want to Lurm with this Mech.

STOP REPRESSING ME!

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 04 March 2018 - 11:10 AM.

#12 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 04 March 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

I'd do not have to come here to be insulted, I can get that anywhere Posted Image

On this account, I do not have the C-Bills for a Light Engine and I did not want to Lurm with this Mech.

STOP REPRESSING ME!

Not LURMs you need MRMs.

#13 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 04 March 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Not LURMs you need MRMs.

Uh...did you look at my post?

#14 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 04 March 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

Uh...did you look at my post?

Opps you do use MRMs. Sorry for my mistake.

#15 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

STOP REPRESSING ME!

Uh, I never said to run lrms on your 3FB. Also, I was NOT insulting you. If you took my constructive critique that way, that is a problem with your interpretation, not my words, nor my intent. Maybe re read my post and try again. Also, how was I supposed to know that you lack the C-bills for a light engine. Maybe save up for one then instead of getting defensive.

#16 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:50 AM

No matter what this game is always a grind for resources.

#17 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:54 AM

On this account, I do not have the C-Bills for a Light Engine
Then farm them. Your score shows you're more than capable of doing that.

STOP REPRESSING ME!
Nobody here is. Stop repressing your mech by making it so slow that it can be outraced by a speed-tweaked Annihilator. :P
https://mwo.smurfy-n...e5895bc974e01eb -> 1 less heat Sink, minimally less ammo (you'd still end up with a ton spare in the video you posted), much better speed and full leg armor.

Edited by Horseman, 06 March 2018 - 04:56 AM.

#18 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

lol Horseman, I saw this thread and smurfy'd up a MRM / ERML stalker without seeing your last post, and got nearly the same build, just with slightly less armor for an extra half ton of ammo. I agree it's probably the best thing to do with a STK-3FB.

#19 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:16 AM

View Postmailin, on 05 March 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Uh, I never said to run lrms on your 3FB. Also, I was NOT insulting you. If you took my constructive critique that way, that is a problem with your interpretation, not my words, nor my intent. Maybe re read my post and try again. Also, how was I supposed to know that you lack the C-bills for a light engine. Maybe save up for one then instead of getting defensive.

Dude, it was a joke! You know I love you.

#20 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostHorseman, on 06 March 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

Then farm them. Your score shows you're more than capable of doing that.
Nobody here is. Stop repressing your mech by making it so slow that it can be outraced by a speed-tweaked Annihilator. Posted Image
https://mwo.smurfy-n...e5895bc974e01eb -> 1 less heat Sink, minimally less ammo (you'd still end up with a ton spare in the video you posted), much better speed and full leg armor.

Yeah, I know. I blame it on trying to play those damn Lights! I waste a lot of time trying to play them. I can make good money playing this Stalker or my KDK-3 but I have so many mechs that need skill points. I feel so guilty not working on them. I only have 3 assaults and their skill trees are done.

Plus, PGI keeps putting mechs on sale! This is my alt account and this is my chance to buy several of them.

And I kind of like using the engine that came with it. I have to play a little smarter with it.

I'm not complaining. There is what you want, what you need and what you can get. And they are often very different things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users