The Great Gauss/ppc Poll

145 replies to this topic

Poll: PPCGauss Question (595 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want GaussPPC to be viable again? This means that EITHER 3x PPC alphas OR 2x Gauss + 2x PPC alphas will be possible again.

1. Yes. I want Gauss/PPC. (322 votes [54.12%])

Percentage of vote: 54.12%

2. No. I do not want Gauss/PPC back. (251 votes [42.18%])

Percentage of vote: 42.18%

3. Abstain. (22 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:17 AM

CSPL absolutely needed to be nerfed. 6 damage for 3 heat was absolutely absurd. Especially with that short of a beam duration.

Im sorry but CSPL got what it deserved. And theres no going back.

CMPL also needed its range nerfed. But they shouldve lowered its heat to compensate for the drop in range. CMPL were way too effective at midrange poking when theyre supposed to be an under 400m brawling weapon.

Good riddance to 6 damage 3 heat CSPL. That crap was laughably OP.

6 damage CSPL DID need to be nerfed. I wanted it at 5 damage. I was against it going down to 4 damage though.

look right here:
https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/258785-clan-s-pulse-nerf-the-aftermath/page__view__findpost__p__5930920

october 2017 - where I clearly say CSPL was overnerfed right after it happened. I was against the nerf. so yeah I guess youre wrong as usual.

And CMPL was overnerfed as well. I even said in the post it was overnerfed and the heat shouldve been lowered to compensate for the range nerf.

taking things completely out of context and twisting them around to your own benefit does not make them true.

I can post numerous examples of how I opposed every single nerf. Maybe not fully but at least partially because I felt things were overnerfed.

And last week we had this ABSOLUTE GEM of a post where you have been caught red handed unable to remember what you've said previously.

the hell? i never said a direwolf could use HGR. you said I said that. nowhere in that thread did I ever say it.

your reading comprehension is absolutely terrible.

Edited by Khobai, 12 February 2018 - 01:31 AM.

#62 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:26 AM

Another post filled with links to other posts with just more contradictions

OK dude.

#63 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

Another post filled with links to other posts with just more contradictions

OK dude.

there are no contradictions.

CSPL was overpowered at 6 damage. It needed to be nerfed.

It should have been nerfed to 5 damage.

It was overnerfed to 4 damage. I disagreed with that.

there is no contradiction there.

do you even know what the word contradiction means? lol

I stated in one thread that it was overnerfed, and shouldve been nerfed to 5 damage, but I was against it being nerfed to 4 damage

I stated in another thread that it deserved to get nerfed because 6 damage was nuts

those are not contradictory statements at all

But to put it on the record, I have always felt the CSPL needed a small nerf just not the huge overnerf it ended up getting.

Just like I said at the time. And just like I still maintain to this day.

Edited by Khobai, 12 February 2018 - 01:48 AM.

#64 Eirik Eriksson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn the deep forests of Småland

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

Hmm, the poll thread itself turned into this?

Seems like some are in need of a few additional heatsinks and I´m sure I have a few to spare if you need them.

#65 DangerousOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

For me it's more important that PGI should cancel this fracking "sling shot" mechanic for Gauss rifles. It'll suffice.

Edited by DangerousOne, 12 February 2018 - 02:04 AM.

#66 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

exactly so if youre done massively nerd trolling me can we can get back to the actual discussion?

For me it's more important that PGI cancel this ****** "sling shot" mechanic for Gauss rifles. It'll suffice.

The reason the chargeup exists is to make poptarting with gauss more difficult.

In theory if you made it impossible to fire gauss while jumping you could remove the chargeup mechanic.

Not allowing gauss to fire while jumping would also be a fantastic compromise on the PPC/Gauss issue people are so divided on. Since it would eliminate the concern of the 45 damage poptart alpha. It would allow x3 Gauss/PPC on the ground (but only PPCs could be used while jumping, not gauss). And it would allow the full reversal of the Night Gyr and some other clan mech agility nerfs.

Hell by limiting the poptart alphas to 30 damage you could probably even unnerf jumpjets across the board. Since the 40-45 damage poptart alphas are the whole reason jumpjets are massively nerfed for heavies and assaults.

Edited by Khobai, 12 February 2018 - 02:13 AM.

#67 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

Gauss not firing while jumping. You hurt all mechs cause of one or two. Dumb and short sighted suggestions.

And the charge mechanic needs to stay - Again if you are not capable of using it, that is your problem.

#68 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:16 AM

Gauss not firing while jumping. You hurt all mechs cause of one or two. Dumb and short sighted suggestions

It doesnt hurt them. Because they cant jump and fire x3 Gauss/PPC currently.

They would be no worse off than they are now while jumpsniping.

They could however use x3 Gauss/PPC while not jumping which is an improvement over how the game is now. And you could still poptart with x2 PPCs just not fire the gauss too, so its the same as it is now.

Night Gyr agility could also be unnerfed which is also an improvement over how the game is now.

And heavy+ jumpjets could also be buffed across the board because poptart alphas would stay where they are currently.

We could get a full restoration of agility and jumpjets back to where they should be. Without the fear of making poptarting too powerful.

Edited by Khobai, 12 February 2018 - 02:25 AM.

#69 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:23 AM

You cannot stop Gauss firing while jumping just cause of a NTG. It is not a compromise it is a blanket destruction of a weapon.

What about a HMN with a Gauss/Laser, going to stop that firing a single Gauss cause of other mechs?
Or a MCII - Dual Gauss laser, going to stop that firing Gauss while JJ'ing to shield?

Get ya hand off it dude, seriously. You have no idea what you are on about.

#70 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:31 AM

You cannot stop Gauss firing while jumping just cause of a NTG. It is not a compromise it is a blanket destruction of a weapon.

it would not destroy gauss just because you cant use it while jumping. people would very much still use it because 15 PPFLD damage for 1 heat is awesome and no other weapon does that.

you would still be able to use x3 gauss/PPC on the ground. and you would still be able to use x2 ppcs for poptarting.

and you could unnerf all of the heavy+ jumpjets too. since they were only nerfed in the first place because of x3-x4 ppc/gauss combinations. as well as unnerf a lot of clan agility nerfs. we could have assaults that can actually jump for once in the game.

and you could remove gauss chargeup since it only exists to make poptarting more difficult. but if gauss poptarting is removed theres no longer a reason to make it more difficult.

or for the people that need to feel special because they think it raises the skill ceiling to have a frustrating mechanic like chargeup we can keep it. I dont really care if chargeup stays or goes.

thats a fair compromise. it addresses the major concerns of the 40% that dont want x3 PPC/Gauss.

Edited by Khobai, 12 February 2018 - 02:40 AM.

#71 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:36 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 February 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

it would not destroy gauss just because you cant use it while jumping.

Yes it would.

You don't understand the impact of what you are proposing and how it damages build variation even further.

Again - Just stop, for the good of MWO.

#72 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 February 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

it would not destroy gauss just because you cant use it while jumping.

you would still be able to use gauss on the ground. and you would still be able to use ppcs for poptarting.

but you could unnerf all of the heavy+ jumpjets too. since they were only nerfed in the first place because of ppc/gauss combinations.

I have a highlander that would be very interested in completely un-nerfed jump jets. 3 ppcs and an ac 10 sounds fun! Oh wait, IT WAS LOL. Your hatred of guass ppc NTG has blinded you to other forms of PPFLD. What will we do then? No dakka off the ground?

How about NO to this nerf insanity.

#73 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:44 AM

Yes it would.

You don't understand the impact of what you are proposing and how it damages build variation even further.

Again - Just stop, for the good of MWO.

Of course I understand the impact of it. It makes players like you cry. Thats exactly why I proposed it.

I have a highlander that would be very interested in completely un-nerfed jump jets. 3 ppcs and an ac 10 sounds fun! Oh wait, IT WAS LOL. Your hatred of guass ppc NTG has blinded you to other forms of PPFLD. What will we do then? No dakka off the ground?

if it actually becomes a problem, you can ghost heat link ac10 with PPC so you can only fire 3

just like what was done with gauss/ppc.

thats basically what energy draw wouldve done had it been implemented. sadly it wasnt.

Edited by Khobai, 12 February 2018 - 02:51 AM.

#74 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

Khobais troll campaign continues, I see.

#75 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 February 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

Of course I understand the impact of it. It makes players like you cry. Thats exactly why I proposed it.

So by your own admission you have no point to make accept trolling other players? GET OUT

#76 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:53 AM

So by your own admission you have no point to make accept trolling other players? GET OUT
'

this coming from the guy that spent the last page and the top of this page trying to majorly nerd troll me.

hilarious. LOL.

ok lets talk serious compromise then.

because x3 ERPPC/CGauss isnt gonna happen when 40% of players voted against it. you have to realize that. PGI is not gonna bring it back with that many people saying they dont want it.

im perfectly fine with x3 PPC/Gauss on the IS side. because of the sheer tonnage involved. theres nothing wrong with that. I dont think anyone has a serious problem with that.

the only problem I have is on the the clan side. with the potential for 45 damage poptarts. and with clan gauss that weighs significantly less than IS gauss. the way I see it something has to be done with clan gauss. it needs to be balanced better for a weapon that only weighs 12 tons.

fix clan gauss into something balanced for its tonnage and ill be on board for x3 PPC/Gauss.

Edited by Khobai, 12 February 2018 - 03:01 AM.

#77 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:57 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 February 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

'

this coming from the guy that spent the last page and the top of this page trying to majorly nerd troll me.

hilarious. LOL.

Yup and ive got something even better now Khobai. Your losing, Look at the posts. Look at the 3 threads you tried so hard to derail. Logic and reason are triumphing over fear mongering and lack of knowledge of how the game ACTUALLY works. This isn't just about gauss ppc, Its about fun. Fun that comes from freedom to build and play a mech the way you want to.

Oh and that 60% you keep saying is set in stone? The night is still young my friend, And that number? Its climbing.

Edited by Johnathan Tanner, 12 February 2018 - 03:58 AM.

#78 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:44 AM

I now understand why we’re getting nerfs. People like this just won’t stop talking even if they’re the only one wrong and every single player around is right.

#79 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:00 AM

Is there any way to prevent people from sockpuppeting with their smurf accounts?

Probably not?

Why doesn't your consortium just make whatever call you believe is right and stand by it?

#80 L0stA1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:55 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 February 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

How is he right?

He blamed me for all of the nerfs in the last 12 months

Even though I opposed every single nerf. lol.

He could not possibly be more wrong in fact.

keep trolling.

The game cant have a higher skill ceiling when you have mixed tiers of players in games and dont have a proper working matchmaker. If you try to impose a higher skill ceiling in that mixed skill environment, even more people WILL leave. thats a certain FACT given the current state of MWO, which has already been hemorrhaging players like crazy.

BS. the problem are players who cant accept that others are better. simple as that.

what you want is a complete pipedream. You want the game to be something it can never be given the severe limitations of the current matchmaker and lack of player population. Its unfortunate we cant have a proper working matchmaker or draw on a large enough player population to separate out players by skill. Then the skill ceiling could be increased because youd always play against people of equal skill level as yourself. But thats not the game we have...

the dumping down of MWO is the reason why it bleeds decent players like crazy. without them the average skill goes down and you have to dump it down even more to cater the spuds. balancing allways starts at the top and goes down after.

the game we have has mixed skill tiers, a laughable matchmaker that does closer to nothing than something, its shedding players far faster than it gains them. and you want a higher skill ceiling? lmao. The game really cant support a higher skill ceiling it in its current condition... and thats not going to attract new players to the game... just make them leave faster.

see above.

Your outlook of the game is so distorted and warped. you think just because stats, achievements, and winning is all that matters to you, that its all that matters for everyone else too. That isnt the case. I dont care about winning or losing and I certainly dont care about stats or trying to statshame other people like a chlld. none of those things matter to me. I just want the game to be fun regardless of the outcome.

a PvP game is allways about the competition. when you hit start you are competing. so win is the only goal of every gamemode.
you want a PvP only be fun for casuals. that doesnt work because you will nothing have to improve. thats why PvPs need playstyles with a high skill ceiling otherwise decent videogamers just leave (thats happening since PGI caters to all the chronicbads). you (pointing my finger directly at you) try to kill a diverse and decent playerbase.

Edited by L0stA1m, 12 February 2018 - 06:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook