347 replies to this topic

#21 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Did the OP forgot that IS has a 25 ton advantage per player, or 300 tons per IS team (provided they use all of it)? OP's unit could limit their drop decks to 240tons when going IS, same as the Clans then then come back after several games...

Unit cohesion and communication is OP, regardless of the tech.

But the IS finally won a session... wow...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 11 February 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#22 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

I have to disagree (despite being clan loyalist player in FP), clans CAN and do dominate if you run the right builds and playstyles. The issue is that most people automatically assume you must run lazor vomit to do anything, which is absolutely not true in FP, DPS, particularly sustained DPS actually makes a huge deal.

The only issue right now is that clan has very very few mechs that are good for anything. My mainstream mechs are the madcat II and hellbringer, since both of these have good firepower and mobility while carrying ALOT of firepower (and in case of the HBR it has ECM to minimize return fire). I sometimes bring the mad2c when i really need something that moves a few KPH faster and is more focused on lasers, or even the ebon when im sick of 24/7 hellbringers, but generally speaking my dropdecks are 2 MCII with 2 30t filler mechs (usually cutefox purifier with the P2W loadout, and a ACH with MGs for backstabbing), or 3 HBRs with a 45t mech like the ice fridge or shadowcat. On rare occasions i bring the linebacker and stormcrow when i need to have fast movers and still retain some firepower with teh deal, but thats almost exclusively for base rushing or similar cheap strats. I used to play with brawlers, but generally speaking, if i wanna brawl, ill bring a 2uac10+2uac5 and get more results out of it then a dedicated SRM+LBX brawler liek the scorch or orion2c (despite my unit leader loving the orion2c, ive NEVER found it to work well as IS is flat out superior at brawl, and trying to do that as clan is just plain stupid unless im in the mood to derp around or something.

#23 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Does IS even have any ECM heavies aside from the CTF-0 and ARC-T?

#24 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostExilyth, on 11 February 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Does IS even have any ECM heavies aside from the CTF-0 and ARC-T?

Thanatos has ECM on every variant.

#25 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

TBH, Thanatos isn't much of a heavy. It more fits the 'failure' weight class.

#26 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Stop reading when I saw "IS meta laser and gauss". Oh yea? What meta laser and gauss would that be? Because the only mech that does laser and gauss well is Deathstrike, and we all know what side that's on.

#27 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 11 February 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Well...pretty much exclusively due to the addition of MG hardpoints. I've had some suggest SRM and SPL builds, but I didn't want to try that.

Don't. Ever since they nerfed the crap out of the cSPL and the SRM4s, and then de-quirked the MLX-B, that build has been pretty garbage. Even I don't play it anymore.

#28 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostZergling, on 11 February 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

It makes me cry to think of this.

#29 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostZergling, on 11 February 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Its actually pretty nice with RAC/5 + ERPPC, 'stock' 4P, 2 Gauss, Splat, or Mid range Rocket Punch!.

#30 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 11 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

My unit generally finds the same to be true, IS durability combined with the meta builds being on par with clans for offense (IS being more precise and their mechs being more agile and durable to spread Clan alphas) means you can kinda just walk on over the Clanners. Meanwhile as Clans you have to kite around IS mechs, and take your shots.

Its especially bad when the IS team just decides to gen rush, since they can just pick mechs that have combined health too high for the Clans to have the sustained DPS to kill them all before they take out gens over the 4 waves.

Forum here disagrees, but I also find the same opinions of Clans being too weak in ingame chat, and some places on steam except for 2 people in particular who whine about Clans being super OP and breaking balance in the game once and for all who just want clan removed from the game entirely and go back to 3025s.

How would you fixing the clans?

#31 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 11 February 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

You seem very misinformed
The GHopper was nerfed far more than the Summoner
I play neither, but something tells me the Summoner has some distinct advantages in that fight (being that it's a Clam mech)

Ice Ferret was gimped with the SPL nerfs, otherwise it would be a competitive option to the Assassin.
It was pretty adequate pre nerf. Can't remember what happened to his quirks, but they were significant.
RIP SPLs, 6 SPLs would have been absolutely deadly.

...Myth Lynx...
Do you even play the game?
It's one of the most competitive Lights on the field, easily top 5. Absolutely wrecks 1 VS 1, thanks to plenty of quirks (lol, Sphere light buffs?) and the addition of MGs
Well...pretty much exclusively due to the addition of MG hardpoints. I've had some suggest SRM and SPL builds, but I didn't want to try that.

Having played Grasshopper and Summoner, the ERPPC hopper works out great while the Summoner has been heavily nerfed by the double CERPPC nerfs. Clan tech isn't making the Summoner more powerful in this case compared to it.

Also Mist Lynx gets demolished by Wolfhounds, no contest.

#32 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

There's no need to do anything except eliminate quirks. Period.

MAYBE minor generic quirks like heat gen for ballistics/energy/missile for platforms that traditionally boat those. Platforms that are "garbage" should be looked at more closely for hardpoint locations, raising them or bringing them closer together generally can improve a mediocre chassis.
Giving a light 'Mech the armour and structure of a light heavy is asinine, and IMO lazy on the part of PGI.

#33 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 11 February 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

How would you fixing the clans?

I'd look to stop the constant nerfs on them and the stigma of being OP due to their prevalence in the WC (which is only because the maps picked in the WC are all long range open maps that favor long range trading), then give buffs to underperforming mechs at weapons. Things such as bringing back the CSPL, though mechs on both the Clan and IS side need buffs along with weapons. The stuff the ISEN guys are doing with the community balance changes is pretty good.

Main things to buff would be UACs, SRMs, and small class lasers. UACs jam rates are too high now with their jam durations after the "normalization", SRMs spread too much after the nerfs, especially with the artemis nerfs afterwards compounding it, and clan small pulse lasers got cut too hard losing a third of their damage and a quarter of their DPS in one go "to make them more of a DPS weapon", as PGI put it.

Though UAC jam durations or chances along with SRM spread should be boosted on both sides. Various Clan mechs could use some durability quirks such as the Executioner and Dire Wolf, IS could get some on the Stalker for sure along with others.

#34 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 11 February 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Having played Grasshopper and Summoner, the ERPPC hopper works out great while the Summoner has been heavily nerfed by the double CERPPC nerfs. Clan tech isn't making the Summoner more powerful in this case compared to it.

Also Mist Lynx gets demolished by Wolfhounds, no contest.

Well the Summoner gets more dmg with it's setup.

The Mist Lynx is 10 tons lighter and the Wolfie is more of a direct fighter.

#35 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 11 February 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

Well the Summoner gets more dmg with it's setup.

The Mist Lynx is 10 tons lighter and the Wolfie is more of a direct fighter.

More damage that's indirect, but the grasshopper gets more damage per second if we're talking pinpoint only.

20 damage with 5 second cooldown and lower vel vs 20 damage with 4 second coolown and higher vel results in the Grasshopper being far better at the role, the 5 damage to either side of what you are aiming for often does little but pad your stats.

Mist Lynx being 10 tons lighter doesn't matter since in FP IS gets 25 extra tons per player and matchmakers base only off of weight class, not weight. Only in group queue does it matter. Still I was responding to "Mist Lynx absolutely wrecks 1v1" and pointing out that direct fighting lights absolutely demolish it. My money would be on a commando over a mist lynx in 1v1, potentially even a locust.

Edited by Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood, 11 February 2018 - 05:54 PM.

#36 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 11 February 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

Stop reading when I saw "IS meta laser and gauss". Oh yea? What meta laser and gauss would that be? Because the only mech that does laser and gauss well is Deathstrike, and we all know what side that's on.

Maybe they saw me rockin that light gauss catapult K2 quartet!? :P

#37 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Clan apologists are some of the most deluded people on these forums. I stopped trying to reason with them, and now I just laugh at their foolishness.

View PostKiran Yagami, on 11 February 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

There is the gaussvomit Warhammer, but that build has only 50 alpha, and only at 400 meter range. My 78 alpha at 500 meter Hellbringer laughs at it. Whenever I see Gauss IS mech I just aim for the ST and profit.

Edited by El Bandito, 11 February 2018 - 06:42 PM.

#38 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 11 February 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

More damage that's indirect, but the grasshopper gets more damage per second if we're talking pinpoint only.

It can't really use it, though, because it's only got 18-19 DHS where the SMN has 24; the 1 extra heat per shot generated by the SMN doesn't really compensate for that. We'll see in the upcoming MRBC season if the SMN still rules or if the GHR can upset it.

20 damage with 5 second cooldown and lower vel vs 20 damage with 4 second coolown and higher vel results in the Grasshopper being far better at the role, the 5 damage to either side of what you are aiming for often does little but pad your stats.

It also lessens the impact of a whiff on the targeted component. If you miss CT once, you still do 5 damage to it. If the Hopper misses CT once, it does zero. It matters, especially as the match drags on.

Mist Lynx being 10 tons lighter doesn't matter since in FP IS gets 25 extra tons per player and matchmakers base only off of weight class, not weight. Only in group queue does it matter. Still I was responding to "Mist Lynx absolutely wrecks 1v1" and pointing out that direct fighting lights absolutely demolish it. My money would be on a commando over a mist lynx in 1v1, potentially even a locust.

Locust no; the MGs burn through its meager armor really quickly. Commando possibly; I've gotten into some 1v1s with my MLX vs. YokiLin's Commando and they could have gone either way had he not dropped double advanced arty on my head almost every time. But the caveat is that you need non-flat terrain. You could also fudge the result by putting flamers on the MG MLX to heat-cap any attacker.

Wolfhound, though, absolutely.

Really, I think the issue is that the things you have to do to IS 'Mechs to make them worthwhile in situations where tonnage doesn't matter ends up making some of them overly good in situations where it does. But that's what the tonnage slider is for.

#39 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

Ah come on Alex... What is this?

Stop trying to Gauss/cERL snipe on every map and bring some better skirmish mechs, don't overload decks with Assaults and use mobilty of Clan heavies. You gotta adapt mate! Can't just do the same thing all game.

Right now it's fun as Clan to have a wave of Anni come at you and slaugher then with 65T mechs.

#40 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

Op is nuts.. Clans are are super ******* overpowered as they ever were, those nerfs did jack and **** to balance the game, IS get **** on every match..

OP get out of your overpower timber wolves and mad cat IIs occasionally and you'd notice, ******* laughable these people..

View PostAthom83, on 11 February 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Thanatos has ECM on every variant.

Good luck with using them ******* beyond useless pixels and code...

Edited by Samial, 11 February 2018 - 07:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users