Note To All Window 10 Laptop Users; Don't Put The Laptop In Sleep Mode Excessively

No replies to this topic

#1 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hey all it's been awhile since I posted in here, got some new news to talk about that I've found out myself.

We all know windows 10 is buggier than hell, but it doesn't stop there.

So last night, I had retired early, put the laptop in sleep mode around.... 8:00PM. It was connected to the internet too.

Around 11-12PM at night, as I had just gotten into bed, my laptop came on. I took a peek by opening it and I thought, "Oh, must be one of those updates it'll do at night. No harm in that."

I woke up around 7-9AM today day, come to find the laptop still on, and running. Updates don't take 8 hours, so I got a little nervous. Picked up the laptop, the keyboard was warm. I pressed the power button to turn it off. Got greeted with a system repair needed loop, kept taking me back to the recovery options.

Tried automatic repair. Nothing.

Tried System Restore. Nothing.

Tried using Command Prompt. Nothing.

My last ditch effort was to do a system reset with my personal files. that finally worked. and here I am now, typing on it right now.

I'm not sure what the hell happened, but I like to think it was a corrupt update. So from now on I'll always be sure to do my own updates instead of allowing the computer to turn on itself to do it.

Although, I come to wonder what else could've caused it.

If anyone has a idea, please share it, I'd love to know what could've gone wrong.

Edited by Scout Derek, 14 February 2018 - 01:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users