Patch Notes - 1.4.150 - 20-Feb-2018

121 replies to this topic

#21 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostMechLord71, on 16 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Apologies up front if this is a silly question, but are the standard variants of the loyalty mechs that will be in the gift store only available for MC or MC AND C-bills? Thanks!

Neither. Only available for dollars.

MC and CBills comes in when they hit the in-game store.

#22 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

It's a step in the right direction. I suspect PGI will track RFL & JGR performance to make sure it doesn't make them OP, and then address another 10-15 mechs with quirk boosts next month.
(Panther, Spider, both Jenners, Cicada, Centurion, Hunchback, Black Knight, Archer, etc...)

I suspect a global mobility buff for heavies & assaults is the eventual solution though. +15% accel/decel/turn rate won't break the game, but it will make it more fun.

#23 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

Well you've nerfed the last laser I still thought viable in my clan mechs. Congrats. Yeah, they're all crappier than they used to be (CMPL, CSPL I really miss you both), but this constant nerfing of the weapons systems I enjoy playing (C-ERPPC as well) has become so frustrating.

Buff something else, but quit nerfing my weapons! (this from the guy whose playing time has dropped by over 2/3 in the last year for precisely these sorts of reasons - was playing 300+ games/month and now I'm not sure I'll break 50 this month) Could I adapt? Sure, but weapons that fire slower and hotter (now with less range too) don't increase my enjoyment of the game. I hate the ERML/HLL spam because I don't like having to wait 7-8 seconds between shots. But playing any other laser loadout is increasingly questionable in PUG matches.

#24 H y d r o

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 February 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Re Auto-Ban System
The purpose of the system to specifically to address brand new accounts created for the purpose of Team killing.

I'm willing to bet an ultimate mech pack this system will somehow still manage to ban a founder. Please feel free to give us more than 2 sentences on it.

#25 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

autoban and less mystery disconnects... sounds like a great patch.
And could be a good step towards loosing the "RageWarrior" nickname that I've been hearing more and more in 2017.

#26 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

@ Legendkiller changes:

Please make the LBX-10 quirk into a generic LBX quirk!

You know, pigeon-holing and so.

#27 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

Thanatos buffs are months overdue and thank you for finally addressing them...but lets be honest, this mech should be getting armor buffs AND keep its structure buffs with its terrible hit boxes.

Something is missing from these patch notes though, something that has been in the patch notes for the past 4+ months, trying to remember what it is....oh yeah the quirks for the Black Lanner! (ok maybe the Black Lanner doesn't have any, would still be nice to know...not everyone cancels pre-orders over poor quirking PGI)

#28 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Black Lanner quirks will be shown in the countdown post, I assume.

#29 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

"we have decided to shift these quirks over to the functional "Heat Dissipation" quirk in order to provide the intended boost to 'Mechs with a sub 250 engine class cap"

Ok so why doesn't the Arctic Cheetah get one ? Its limited to a 240 engine, which is functionally no different than the commandos which are limited to 240...

#30 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

" - MRM 30

- Heat increased to 9.5 (from 9)

MRM Design notes: We feel that the combination of relative tonnage efficiency, natural heat, and ability to fire up to 60 damage volleys without penalty have skewed the 30's just a bit above the rest of the MRM line up. We are providing it with a 5% increase in heat to provide it with a bit more give and take when compared to alternative MRM launcher types."

SO YOU NERFED THE ATLAS, WOWZER

#31 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 16 February 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

" - MRM 30

- Heat increased to 9.5 (from 9)

MRM Design notes: We feel that the combination of relative tonnage efficiency, natural heat, and ability to fire up to 60 damage volleys without penalty have skewed the 30's just a bit above the rest of the MRM line up. We are providing it with a 5% increase in heat to provide it with a bit more give and take when compared to alternative MRM launcher types."

SO YOU NERFED THE ATLAS, WOWZER

Quickdraw IV4 more precisely....

#32 Gierling

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

*Raises Hand*

So is the JM6-A losing 10% of it's ballistic range? Because it's ballistic range quirk is 20% and the listed universal range quirk is 10%.

Also JM7-D when?

#33 RatMortar

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

View PostGierling, on 16 February 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

*Raises Hand*

So is the JM6-A losing 10% of it's ballistic range? Because it's ballistic range quirk is 20% and the listed universal range quirk is 10%.

Also JM7-D when?

This.

I'm running 2xAC20s on that thing, that 10% difference would hurt.

#34 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

I like that they are trying to balance streaks across the weight classes (been asking for that forever). However I don't think this change will do it. This change doesn't address the issue of the auto aim streaks ignoring the major defensive strength of a brawling light which is being harder to hit. It also doesn't change the amount of damage that streaks do, which can be a lot. ~72 damage slamming into a light mech is a lot, no matter where it hits.

This very well could end up being a bad thing for lights since-
The pro and cons of this might just cancel out and make streaks no less as effective against lights.
However streaks are getting a buff against all other mechs so we will likely see more streaks in game.
And even though streaks are buffed vs bigger mechs, those streak mechs will probably still primary light mechs.

So effectively it might be a nerf against lights because more mechs will have streaks and they are not nerfed vs lights, just buffed vs bigger mechs. They might even be buffed vs ISXL lights. Hopefully I'm wrong, will have to see but thats what I'm thinking.

Hopefully if this does end up being a nerf for lights they catch it pretty quick and make some more changes soon. It is nice seeing some effort put toward helping the little guy :)
If so, to really fix the issue I would suggest

-Streak tracking based on target's weight (bigger mechs get hit more in torsos, smaller mechs more spread).

-Lower damage/alpha of streaks. Even if cooldown was buffed so that dps is the same, a lower alpha would give you more time to disengage and would require more peaking from streak mechs that are getting locks outside of LOS.

If we could get both of these then I would lower not just the alpha but also the dps. This would nerf streaks vs lights while buffing them vs bigger mechs since a tighter spread against bigger mechs would mean more effective damage even though its less total damage. I think this is what would be needed in order to actually balance the weapon vs the classes. If we can't get the tracking based on target's weight then i would at least nerf the alpha. Actually I would probably just lower the alpha and dps either way, but by different amounts if we got tracking by weight or not.

Edited by dario03, 16 February 2018 - 09:14 PM.

#35 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

I think streaks will go straight from too good against lights and too bad against anything else... to equally bad against everything.

But I guess that's why you call it a balance patch :)

#36 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

At the risk of sounding like a total fanboy, I absolutely love this patch.
It addresses a range of issues and balancing and best of all server issues <3 .
Event though some of my favourite weapons get a very minor nerf, I knew very well they were overperforming. The buffs to the small weapons are great, had a game last night where I would roast myself with 6 micro pulies in my Medusa before I can finish a vulnerable assaults back, and I run that thing with a lot of heat sinks; so super excited to see if this change will allow me to engage for longer once you have an assault by the short and curlies.
Really hope to see more monthly patches that address various areas of the game, next stop is PPC hit detection, I hope :)

#37 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

View PostMechLord71, on 16 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Apologies up front if this is a silly question, but are the standard variants of the loyalty mechs that will be in the gift store only available for MC or MC AND C-bills? Thanks!

View PostDomenoth, on 16 February 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Neither. Only available for dollars.
MC and CBills comes in when they hit the in-game store.

This is correct. If it follows the same schedule as the previous loyalty mechs (which a March release to Gift Store is consistent with), expect it to appear in the in-game store for MC in July and C-Bills in August.

#38 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

Well, small laser changes are welcome. Not really sure they will actually change anything, but gonna give them a try.
MRM30 change? Why? It is was not any better than 3x20(better spread) or 2x40 (much more damage for virtually the same heat efficiency). I'd even say it was UP, not OP.
General quirks for UP mechs - well, why not?

PGI, you still have to solve artillery warrior online problem and machine gun warrior online problem.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 16 February 2018 - 11:20 PM.

#39 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the armor buffs on the Thanatos... Now can we get back the mobility of the Night Gyr?

#40 Nomad One

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:12 AM

Clan Small Pulse Laser is still not going to be worth wasting the tonnage on. But knowing how PGI's balancing efforts work, all other clan lasers will keep getting smashed in the face with a club until every other laser is garbage compared to the irredeemable hunk of junk that the clan small pulse was reduced to.

A simple 1 point damage increase is all it would take for it to be worth its 1 ton cost. Why is that so DIFFICULT to comprehend for our balance developers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users