Road Map For March, April And May

151 replies to this topic

#101 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Thats the thing about Solaris, MORE RESPECCING ! = more grinding = more irritation for many (who aren't sitting on mountains of GSP like me).

Really need a god damn template / saving different skill tree setups for mechs with the launch of solaris.

#102 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

New Supply Cache system

Also currently planned to release alongside Solaris, the current Supply Cache system will be undergoing significant revisions aimed at making the Caches more accessible and more rewarding.
Rather than viewing the contents of each Cache prior to opening, and then receiving only one of the included items, the new system is geared at providing you with all the items within the Cache but without the ability to see its contents prior to opening. We will also be phasing out the Supply Cache Key system altogether; if you have a Cache in your inventory you'll simply be able to open it and get the goods, with no key or additional requirement needed.
You can expect more details regarding the new Cache system, along with details regarding the transition from the existing Cache and Key system to the new Supply Cache system, as we near its release next year.

That covers it for this look ahead for upcoming MechWarrior Online content and releases, MechWarriors. We'll see you here again for our next Roadmap this December!

Any word on this topic?

#103 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

[color=#14171A]

45]
[color=#14171A]Russ Bullock[/color][color=#657786]@russ_bullock[/color]

Folge ichDu folgst

@russ_bullock

Mehr[/color]

[color=#657786]
Antwort an @Mechpilot_Marc[/color]
[color=#14171A]

Just a lot better - think overwatch

[/color]

#104 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:01 AM

Some time ago there was talk (even a round table) about creating system that lets you choose spawn location for Faction Warfare. Where is this feature in the roadmap? It's a very important one for FP.

Edited by Garran Tana, 20 February 2018 - 01:06 AM.

#105 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

faction warfare is dead confirmed

#106 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

So, basically with the new faction warfare changes, there will be no reason to ever play on the OPFOR, since you can change to the winning side with no penalty and just do ghost drop after ghost drop for free loot? At this point, just get rid of FW and roll the faction ranks / rewards into QP and focus on Solaris and new maps / modes for QP.

#107 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

This is the best.

#108 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

Can You PLEEEAAASE repair the friends list,,,,,it worked fine until Feb 2016, after a patch it does not show anyone offline-->evryone who`s online, atm i join the game, will stay green marked, as online, on players lists. thank you , would be awesome.

#109 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

WHEN will FP/CW/FW/INVSION become great again.

No QP, improved siege/invasion maps and some context content.

Thera is still an unknown system, SAD, while i wrte this from a Planet called Earth.

When will new players be able to learn the game, by logical info and up to date info.
A working forum and searching.

And so on .....

#110 Sir Immortal Shadow

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKenora, Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:49 AM

I'd like to see the AC/5s velocity boosted to 1400-1500 or so. Right now it has the lowest velocity for its range of any autocannon, and with 1400 velocity it still would. With its low damage-per-shot per ton combined with its low velocity it feels clunky to use compared to other autocannons or PPCs, especially at or beyond optimal range.

Edited by Sir Immortal Shadow, 25 February 2018 - 06:50 AM.

#111 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

I am not sure who was helping you guys with Solaris but if you couldn't do FFA, then it really isn't Solaris. You should have stopped right there and said maybe we should focus on getting more players to come back to a game instead of creating something that will just be dead in the water too. How many of you back in the day were playing Solaris for just 1v1's or 2v2's??? How weak is that?!?! I could do that in the Private lobby or with some of the established Leagues. Did you ask them guys how that was working? seriously!

#112 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 25 February 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

I am not sure who was helping you guys with Solaris but if you couldn't do FFA, then it really isn't Solaris.

Judging by the lore stuff, 1v1 rounds seem to be the usual format (especially for the Grand Championships), with 2v2s a distant second. Fun as FFA rounds can be, MW4's Solaris seems to be more a concession to not boring the player to death with a bunch of 1v1s vs bots than actually showing off the "real" Solaris.

Edited by IdToaster, 25 February 2018 - 02:12 PM.

#113 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

Unless there are no rewards, and it is just for lulz, i can't see ffa being remotely fun unless you had all-meta or all-non-meta and no bleed over. Even then there would be butthurt galore.

#114 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

FFA would need to be paired with open VOIP comms so that people could communicate with other mechs.
Can you imagine the amount of salt and complaining?

Although FFA seems like a good idea, it might end up being very, very toxic.

It would, at least, provide an alternative to laser vomit. Anyone who can fire and keep firing without pauses to cool off might do a lot better there.

#115 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Free for All was the chit man. What are you talking about? Every game was different and it really fell down to where you spawned on the map. Great battles and very intense. I did 1v1's and 2v2's too but that was a different game all together. You can do them all day in the private lobbies. How is that working out? I wonder how many happened today. I mean c'mon. why?

Edited by Deathshade, 25 February 2018 - 04:17 PM.

#116 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

"Comsumables"

Typo Posted Image

#117 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:00 AM

F.F.A would just be oh look I'll hide at the back watch all the potatoes engage each other, then finish off the survivors.

As dull as watching 1v1 alpha warrior on line will be, FFA will be even worse.

What disgusts me is that P.G.I's 'solution' to loyalist play isn't to reward them with better things, but to make them work exactly the same as Merc's with voting rights.

If this is really the best they're willing to do, then maybe they should stop developing this game, as they're clearly lacking in creative ability.

#118 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

so far it takes them 4 years to try balance the game when the real reason is that there is No players ..
I know its far too late to say that but the day pgi add mercs with the flexible ability to change contracts and sides .. well game never will be balanced, 80% of the active units always take the stronger side . if you active player in time you will also learn and get to know every one that still around and play so at the end - you can Nerf mechs and you can change the balance much as u need but you never succeed nerfing a team work or experience...

all we really need is that pgi find away to balanced the amount of players between the sides\clans and houses

Edited by Bios303, 27 February 2018 - 08:01 AM.

#119 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

View PostBios303, on 27 February 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

so far it takes them 4 years to try balance the game when the real reason is that there is No players ..
I know its far too late to say that but the day pgi add mercs with the flexible ability to change contracts and sides .. well game never will be balanced, 80% of the active units always take the stronger side . if you active player in time you will also learn and get to know every one that still around and play so at the end - you can Nerf mechs and you can change the balance much as u need but you never succeed nerfing a team work or experience...

all we really need is that pgi find away to balanced the amount of players between the sides\clans and houses

Meh I dunno about 80% Some of us liked faster queue times and surprising the seal clubbers, sure maybe you lose some but you get more/better fights.

#120 Polecat19

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

so my understanding is that you wont be supporting 32 bit MS OS systems. Does that mean since i have a 32 it system, I have to go out and buy a new computer, just so I can play MWO and use the money that I have put into it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users