Road Map For March, April And May

151 replies to this topic

#21 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

No new steam packs? I'm so disappointed.

#22 Chr1701

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

Will we be able to use the Solaris-Hero Mechs in regular games (eg Quickplay)?

Will the Mechbay 2.0 (and all the things like bolt-on cosmetics) be part of the regular game (eg Quickplay)?

Will there be further development of MWO after Solaris?

#23 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Fp is already a ghost town, why not remove all these "point of friction" now, it is just deleting a few lines of code, it is not like you have to develop whole new mechanics for that.

#24 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

Alex did it better.

#25 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:45 AM

edit: deleted

I was going to try to show that courier new would be so much better

your font hurts my eyes

Edited by Davegt27, 17 February 2018 - 12:48 AM.

#26 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

Is there any news on the new supply-cache-system they thought about implementing?

#27 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:15 AM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 16 February 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

The current ones are on sale now though.

#28 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 February 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Faction Play Changes
Faction Play as a whole is currently in the early stages of a thorough review, while Solaris 7 is nearing its release in April. It was important for us that Faction Play run smoothly during this time frame, therefore we have made a list of changes that will help remove the points of friction to the player experience:

• Players will no longer be penalized for breaking Loyalty pledges or Mercenary Contracts.
  • Contracts will now remain active until manually cancelled, and the cancellation of a Mercenary Contract will not incur a penalty.
  • As a result, Unit Leaders and members with sufficient permissions can take new Faction Contracts or Loyalist pledges for the Unit at any time.
  • There are no Desertion phases after breaking Contracts or Loyalty. However, the Loyalist Probationary period starting from the initial pledge remains in place.
  • Freelancers will now be able to respond to standard Call To Arms. They are no longer restricted to the last-minute Emergency Call To Arms.

The first Steps in the right direction!!! :-)

#29 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

Many thanks for removing loyalist penalties.

#30 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:58 AM

Spoiler

I dont know why people are calling additional workload a promotion Matt, unless salary increase came with it, if thats the case grats, if you wanted it....

If your putting patch notes and road maps into 1 thread like this, please change the title to "Patch notes and Road map", or at least include the fact the patch notes are in this thread somewhere in the title, im guess patch notes + whol current title would have been too long.

Nice fun Fact,

w00t xmas present coming march 20th /excited

I hope we will soon get more info on this "faction play thorough review" it will become even harder to get FP games once solaris goes live, although I am one that wont mind for many months, I will hopefully be too busy playing Solaris. Please find out an update on the last Faction Play roundtable implements we were promised, in particular more easily being able to select which dropzone you will drop in when respawning after you die.

................................................removing penalty for breaking loyalist contract................ ARRRGGGHHH NANI !!!!

Posted Image

If i am reading this right (this is embarassing if I am not)
I am sure I remember pgi saying the loyalty contracts penalty would never be removed, with that in mind when the Smoke Jag vs Kurita capital world event occured, I rejoined my rank 13ish Smoke Jag faction that I had previously left before your bad contract desertion penalty was introduced. It was a hard decision to make, knowing that a few weeks later there would be a Jade Falcon event and I would lose 25% of my rank, on a contract I intended to go back and get to rank 15 for the MC, but would not have time to do between these event's. So I bit the bullet deciding that your insane system was forcing me to go merc and never bother leveling a faction past 6 again, essentially killing part of the incentive of faction play.

With this change that we were told would never happen I expect all accounts are being reset to their highest faction play rank achieved........
or i am sure i am not the only one who will not be pleased at this about face once more by PGI.
Posted Image

I dont get why you would keep the loyalty placement period which harms new players most and get rid of the desertion phase, seasoned players will just play 10 scouting games to miss out on the least cbills, new players will play 12 man mode, get their asses kicked, earn no cbills for it, and before they get anywhere near completing 10 matches say F that theres no cbills income compared to QP or probably quit the game entirely.

Freelancers being able to queue, why ? people need to learn to join a faction including mercs for the rewards, theres no reason to being freelancer if you can auto leave and join other side.

So MC mechs are going to be one of the 7 divisions on their own or spread through all divisions but only able to fight/be queued against other MC only mechs in their division (the other thread you? and chris imply MC mechs will be in solaris)?

Pretty sure it was said clearly at December ?? roundtable that pay to play only mechs would not be in solaris?

Solaris Cavern's map /drools but I cant see a roof and its not dark enough !

Solaris hero Pack, Atlas - want to know quirks asap, Rifleman - meh, Griffon - meh, Rest look well balanced.

Can we PLEASE have a steam version of the Solaris hero's, I have X-mas steam vouchers you can have the money from, i have no other steam games that I want to buy / spend vouchers on.

w00t new 12 man maps only 6 months apart not 18 months apart /progress (hope a caverns 12 man map is on the drawing board.)

Yay for info on next Mech Con tournament season commencement info, even if vague ty for giving us knowledge that your keeping us informed.

Since you are putting Patch notes and road map into one thread, it makes it harder for us to follow all the subtopics that will occur, can we get a feedback to our feedback announcement post on this ?

Thats my feedback, thanks for reading.

FP suggestion, Lower the walls so dropships can shoot down on mechs camping outside the walls, but keep them high enough that the mechs outside cant shoot landed mechs inside wall. Simultaneously add a 3 minute (to activate 5 minutes into the game) out of bounds countdown to the area inside the walls so that after grouping up the team being camped has to push out of their dropzone eventually and cant just sit under their dropships indefinately.
This would benefit both the seals and the clubbers.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 17 February 2018 - 04:04 AM.

#31 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:18 AM

Two questions, Matt:

1) Why are you not getting rid of the regressive "recruitment tax" in Faction Play---it does little to hinder the big units with billions of C-Bills in their coffers but crushes casual units with only a few million, if that?

2) What happened to those Faction vs Faction events we were promised? This is supposed to be the "Civil War" era, right? There has been nothing since the 'Battle for Tharkad,' which ended November 26 (almost three months ago). Numerous excellent suggestions have been posted in the forum but have been completely ignored. Operation Guerrero (Marik/Liao vs Davion) should be next for IS and the Refusal War (Wolf vs Jade Falcon) should be next for Clan.

https://mwomercs.com...nt-suggestions/

#32 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:20 AM

Fun Facts about our original 'Mech designs; As we planned out the MechCon event in 2016, we wanted to have merchandise to sell for our guests at MechCon so they could bring back souvenirs, however the MechWarrior license prevented us from having any MechWarrior brand marks or content on physical goods. Therefore, the only way we could provide merchandise was to simply have the "Mech_Con" logo on them but we knew that our 'Mech fans would look forward to merchandise with 'Mechs on them more than anything, so as a result we decided to have an original Piranha Games 'Mech as a Pre-Order release. Turns out this idea had been around in the studio for a while and the desires to create a 'Mech that was unique to Piranha Games for MechWarrior Online was something everyone in the company was very excited about.

Nice bit of info there. I take it we can safely say every Mech_Con / December 'mech will be a PGI original, going forward?

Holiday Bonus Heroes
A special Holiday Bonus event occurred on December 27th, 2017 where all players who played 1 match that day would receive 2 brand new Hero 'Mechs by the March patch update!

Thanks again for these! Posted Image

Patch Date: April 17th
Mech Release

Fafnir (Store)

Patch Date: May 15th
Mech Release

Blood Asp (Store)

YAY! Posted Image (PSST! May want to add a link to the Fafnir store page)

Weapon Retrofits

3060 Civil War Weapon geometries are gradually being retrofitted to previous 'Mechs.Below are the following 'Mechs that will be Weapon Retrofitted in May's update:
  • Shadowhawk
  • Battlemaster
  • JagerMech
  • Spider
  • Raven
  • Locust
  • Catapult
  • Hunchback

Groovy!

#33 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:20 AM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 16 February 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Russ said in Twitter this pack will be on Steam in April.

#34 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:29 AM

Excited about Solaris! Any examples of the bolt on geometry?

And so much value in the Solaris Supporter Pack!

Can't wait to try out the TurboUrbie ™ with that 210 engine cap!

#35 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:35 AM

Really looking forward to freelook around the mechbay from a on the ground fps perspective. That is quite possibly one of the best ideas for this game in a while.

Going to be cool to see the perspective change, going to load in a locust and have a look and then load in something like a Kodiak or Atlas or something :D

#36 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

How do people win in Solaris 1v1? Is it everyone choose medium mechs?

#37 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

My thoughts for PGI, in regard to this Road Map...
  • Wishing the new "Solaris City" map for Quick Play could come sooner, but I understand the bugs have to be worked out of it first... I'm really looking forward to that map's arrival...
  • Glad to see that the Faction Contract System is being relaxed... Wish it would stay relaxed, reminiscent of another game by the name of "Crossout"... This one really ticked me off when it happened, as it hurt all but the big units...
  • Any chance we could get a 50-Meter Buff on LRM Range to compensate for the currently 50+ ways to counter them? They're meant to hold a place that's not meant even for those danged Clanner ATMs, as well as help deal with suppressing long-ranged sniping attackers so the shorter-ranged teammates can move in... This issue is part of what's giving "ER LL"/"ER PPC"/Gauss/"Small-Caliber, Long-Range Ballistics" such a state of over-effectiveness...
  • If there's still going to be the enabling of 8v8 in Quick Play, PLEASE make sure to set it up as part of a choice on the Server Selection DropDown... Checkboxes for both 8v8 and 12v12 would be the smartest idea...
  • Any word on the New Supply Cache System? Or is that a dead piece of attempted work, and we're not going to see any change to Supply Cache behavior?
  • As for the upcoming new "MechBay Camera System", I'm also looking extremely forward to this... I hope it will come with the ability to check how things look when Missile Doors are opened, without having to save stuff which incurs a cost of (C-Bills)/(MC) in order to just go out on the Testing Grounds...
...and now I'm going to scram for a bit. Apologies to others, but I'm only looking for PGI Staff/Developer Replies in regard to my thoughts here... :(

~Mr. D. V. "Typing out thoughts at around '5 AM' in the morning isn't very processable on the brain..." Devnull

#38 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

In other words no technical developement again. Bad job, pgi. You really suck. :)

#39 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

As someone that was not at all excited about Solaris 7 ... GREAT JOB ! it sounds fantastic. If you guys give that level of thought to Faction Play this game will have a huge resurgence.

#40 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

View PostIllCaesar, on 16 February 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Also, where the eff is the Urbie Derby mode for Solaris?

the minute -that- is in the game, I'm in for solaris-hype, too Posted Image

concerning the roadmap itself:
sorry, but I would have wished for a look into mwo's future here. the "release yet another mechpack" thing is meh, building up hype for solaris really is okay; but what many still want to hear is "we're doing new stuff in the future, like this...."

a tiny glimpse at least would be nice.
we're still at more or less mech-con knowledge and nothing new since then, so..
not much of a road on that map, sorry.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 17 February 2018 - 06:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users