151 replies to this topic

#41 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:40 AM

Sounds alright. Not too interested in Solaris, never been a 1v1 fan or anything, but if the earnings make it worth it or it's fun, I may try it out.

Two things I am curious about however- Why is the Roughneck pictured an energy variant, which doesn't match the model listed as the free gift, which is ballistics and missiles? And the other thing, will our hero Sunspider be locked into only using the omnis it comes with until the other variants come out, or will we be able to swap pods freely as soon as we get it?

#42 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

Where in the roadmap is the fixing of current bugs? Today I had that group bug for the first time myself, where you don't see yourself in a group and thus can't hit ready. It probably is a rare occurence, but annoying nonetheless, especially with a group event going on.
Where in the roadmap is the polishing or rework of the UI? Best example is that you have to open the chat window first before opening the group window. Other example is the in match reporting system, where the dropdown to actually select for what to report someone is closing without having clicked outside or having selected something. The whole UI badly needs a performance pass, where nothing else is done but improving the performance, for less loading times. Might not bring new players, but might keep existing ones.

#43 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

recently returned to MWO after a hiatus and have really enjoyed dueling in private matches. I'm looking forward to Solaris 7 to earn some $$$ and glory while doing this!

Good write up Matt and congrats to you and Alexander on your new roles!!

#44 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:13 AM

Well the CW update speaks of the mode as dumpster fire. Nay! it needs to be redone, from scratch to make it worthwhile. Do it after the release of MW5 or osmething. Stabilize S7 first too.

Another NAY for having voting maps in Solaris 7. Really guys? Just ONE bad experience from some of the maps may make sure they will always be downvoted due to certain reasons (wah its too hot, wha its to cold, whaaaa its LRM frinedly, whaa its brawl friendly)

Its **** in QP and might propably be **** in S7. Voting is hostile against a weaker map, making that map falling out of play and stamps its creation as a waste of time and resources for those that have worked on it.

I say have maps RANDOM, make sure EVERY map gets played and adjust faults, glitches and bugs on those that suffers most accordingly.

TOTALLY Yay on NO consumables! Great! Fantastic! No more artillery, coolshot, air strike warrior online for you. You energy heads that cant adjust the heat and keep your trigger finger cool WILL suffer. And Im looking forward to it, critting you out in your cool off time.

Edited by Tordin, 17 February 2018 - 08:13 AM.

#45 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

Thank you to Matt and Tina for the new Roadmap. Excellent work!

#46 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 February 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Sun Spider

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please make the legs on the Sun Spider rounder.. they are way too blocky.. the part below the knee should be rounder, would look cooler.. trust me.

Also.. on the subject of no penalties for breaking loyalty..

If you make it so, then what's the difference between loyalism and being a mercenary, other than name, and that mercs get less rewards from faction play for the same effort?

Kinda waters it down..

You guys can come up with better than than, can't you?

Edited by Vellron2005, 17 February 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#47 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Gonna put my hopes in June, July, August...

#48 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

I like both the sun spider and roughneck, I guess we are now through most/all of the Unseen mechs (crusader....cough, cough)?

I suppose the sun spider has the look of a locust on steroids a bit to me. :)

Will be interesting to see how it runs.

#49 Cloneo

Rookie

• The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

wow
i cant wait to see all the new content :)
thank you guys for always working hard to make mwo more awesome :)
we love you & mwo :)

#50 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:29 AM

Hey @Matt!

Your letters are TOO small!

I mean..

Your letters are TOO small!

Edited by Sky Hawk, 17 February 2018 - 11:30 AM.

#51 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

Maybe I'm too many MW4 oriented but, where is the Colosseum?

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 February 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

1v1a: Steiner Colosseum (Steiner)
Posted Image

Posted Image

And more important, where is Duncan Fisher?

Edited by Gannycus, 17 February 2018 - 11:37 AM.

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 16 February 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Best news yet: no consumables in Solaris VII. No more leaning on the Cool Shot crutch.

The Solaris Heroes seem rather disappointing, sadly.

Now if only I hadn't recently learned that reducing the ability to spam laser vomit won't be enough...

Twin Clan LBX-20 + 4 SRM-6 can instantly kill 90+ton assault mechs in a single blow if done right. It was also incredibly fast.

We'll see what PGI does with balancing after this Solaris gig, because... there won't be much variety possible since its competition and competition favors only quick killing metas.

#53 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostKodyn, on 17 February 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

Sounds alright. Not too interested in Solaris, never been a 1v1 fan or anything, but if the earnings make it worth it or it's fun, I may try it out.

Two things I am curious about however- Why is the Roughneck pictured an energy variant, which doesn't match the model listed as the free gift, which is ballistics and missiles? And the other thing, will our hero Sunspider be locked into only using the omnis it comes with until the other variants come out, or will we be able to swap pods freely as soon as we get it?

I'll be doing it for the bolt ons and running them in quick play to annoy people.
---------
When they picture things, they like to picture stuff before the models are done.
For example the hero images in the Clans never matched what they actually could use, nor the IS resistance heroes.
The images were instead used on random variants using random loadouts or simply a blank variant with no limit to what could be loaded (one of the hero images uses weapons that are both impossible for any existing variant and weight/slot limit illegal to boot, in fact PGI had to express such and that they thought image would have been cool.)

I'd like to think sometimes they use this to figure out what kind of hardpoints to put on a mech, but who knows? The images always seem to appear long after the mechs are already defined in terms of hardpoints.

As for the Omnis... That's a good question. Normally you get the omnis 3 basic configs (because normally you've bought them) and restricted out of the reserve configs.
But since the hero is free... would it have any available at all if you have not bought the Sun Spider , or the omnis of the 3 basic configs?

Edited by Koniving, 17 February 2018 - 12:20 PM.

#54 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

I assume you will only have access to Sun Spider omnipods for the variants you have purchased, or which are available for C-bills (ie, none for a while).

#55 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Sunspider looks like a giant Locust. A heavily armed giant Locust.

#56 Alex Novian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenburg, Taurian Concordat

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 16 February 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Best news yet: no consumables in Solaris VII. No more leaning on the Cool Shot crutch.

The Solaris Heroes seem rather disappointing, sadly.

Considering they are Solaris 7 Gear. they should have been put into an actual Crit-Slot-weight-cost model on implementation into the game.

#57 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostKodyn, on 17 February 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

And the other thing, will our hero Sunspider be locked into only using the omnis it comes with until the other variants come out, or will we be able to swap pods freely as soon as we get it?

View PostKoniving, on 17 February 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

As for the Omnis... That's a good question. Normally you get the omnis 3 basic configs (because normally you've bought them) and restricted out of the reserve configs.
But since the hero is free... would it have any available at all if you have not bought the Sun Spider , or the omnis of the 3 basic configs?

View PostJonathan8883, on 17 February 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

I assume you will only have access to Sun Spider omnipods for the variants you have purchased, or which are available for C-bills (ie, none for a while).

With OmniMechs, PGI can't code a selection of OmniPods to be available to purchase, based on what you own. It's all or nothing. So, Reinforcement OmniPods are locked until the chassis is out for C-Bills and people woh bought any level of a pack can only buy extras of the Prime and whichever other 2 make up the Standard Pack.

Since the 2nd Hero releases at the same time as the Sun Spider packs do, then you will be able to choose from the Prime, A & B OmniPods. Unless, of course, PGI figured out how to code them properly.

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 17 February 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

With OmniMechs, PGI can't code a selection of OmniPods to be available to purchase, based on what you own. It's all or nothing. So, Reinforcement OmniPods are locked until the chassis is out for C-Bills and people woh bought any level of a pack can only buy extras of the Prime and whichever other 2 make up the Standard Pack.

Since the 2nd Hero releases at the same time as the Sun Spider packs do, then you will be able to choose from the Prime, A & B OmniPods. Unless, of course, PGI figured out how to code them properly.

Interesting hypothesis and sounds pretty much like most things PGI does. So that's pretty cool.

Will see when it comes out but I do not have reason to doubt it.

#59 AzureRathalos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

A comment to all of those "Where is ______ for Solaris?!?!?" people:

Let them get Solaris 7 working first, then request things.

Then I will completely go against my comment and place two ideas that I think would be fun to have in the far future:
Locust Nascar Death Racing. The one and only time you will need significantly more back armor than front armor! Everyone gets a Locust with a max XL Engine and MASC locked in. There will be a couple of variants with different weapon hardpoints. The only thing you can change are the weapons and the armor distribution. Race around an oval track. You can stop and even turn to face backwards. HOWEVER, If you actually go backwards, ERLL turrets mounted across the course will lock onto you and destroy you. First one to complete the race or the last one standing wins!
Time Attack Obstacle Course. Put your piloting and building skills to the test! Go around a set course as fast as possible for leaderboard rewards! Do you bring weapons to knock down walls? Do you bring jump jets to get around pesky ledges and gaps? Or do you cram the fastest engine in and go fast? The map will change every Solaris cycle so that one build will never rule over everything.

View PostMechaBattler, on 17 February 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Sunspider looks like a giant Locust. A heavily armed giant Locust.

Light = Locust
Medium = Cicada
Heavy = Sun Spider
Assault = ???

Just need one more design to complete the set!

Edited by AzureRathalos, 17 February 2018 - 02:02 PM.

#60 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

So, the next big thing on this team-based thinking man's shooter, which is starving for filled buckets is.... a 1-on-1/2-on-2 mode with their respective own buckets?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users