• CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 16 February 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

What a stupid Idea.

r4zen summed it up

View Postr4zen, on 16 February 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

You're obviously not new to ForumWarrior Online but if you stood as close as possible to the nearest wall and yelled it'd have the same effect as your reasoning on the person you're attempting to discuss this with.

Literally I think the only way to deal with this level of stupidity is to just ignore it. You cannot have a logical discussion... Bringing proof/evidence doesn't work either... The illogical just keeps coming no matter what you say/do or otherwise.

#22 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:50 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

huh? ive had multiple accounts since closed beta.

its not bypassing the penalty since theyre separate accounts.

i dont gain anything on my primary account which is clan when I play IS with my secondary account.

whereas allowing units to constantly hop around and change IS to clan and back whenever they want is completely different. it allows your primary account to reap all the benefits of faction hopping, without the downside of having to split rewards between multiple accounts. thats the whole reason the loyalty penalty was added in the first place. PGI was not wrong in discouraging that, it was just the wrong way of going about it.

im not saying my way is necessarily the best way either. im just saying constant faction hopping is not something that should be allowed.

Lol Go back to general discussion.

#23 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:54 PM

Lol Go back to general discussion.

go back to reddit.

#24 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:57 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

go back to reddit.

Huh, Seems the brown sea navy is low on ammo today.

#25 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:42 AM

I just wish theyd package this change with a bonus for loyalists. They need something.

#26 RaptorCWS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

theres basically only two sides though. clan and IS.

if the community is too small to support two sides then FP is dead anyway

and it doesnt matter if youre merc or loyalist you shouldnt be able to change sides more than once per season. mercs should be able to switch between different houses or different clans. but not go from IS to clan or vice versa.

allowing all the good units to stack on one side for events is ridiculous, why even have events if theyre gonna be that much of a farce.

so you prefer one side being stacked a whole season and then when they want to play on their other mechs they stack the other side for a whole season?
Posted Image

#27 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

so you prefer one side being stacked a whole season and then when they want to play on their other mechs they stack the other side for a whole season?

thats exactly what happened before when people could change factions freely

#28 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

The irony that a jade falcon is pointing this out is almost too much. 3.0 flashbacks occuring.

#29 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

View PostKhobai, on 17 February 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

thats exactly what happened before when people could change factions freely

Once again you show your utter lack of understanding of how this game, And especially FP, works. Please return to trolling new player help with bad advice and horrific intent to confuse and derail any real discussion.

#30 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:27 AM

View PostKhobai, on 16 February 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

allowing all the good units to stack on one side for events is ridiculous, why even have events if theyre gonna be that much of a farce.

Yeah, which is why the penalties were implemented in the first place. I guess a lot of people weren't around or have forgotten the bad old days when the merc mega-units were coordinating together and jumping from faction to faction with impunity to manipulate the invasion algorithm and to farm smaller units. It was a big deal in 2015-2016 and there was a great outcry back then.

#31 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:34 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 17 February 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

Yeah, which is why the penalties were implemented in the first place. I guess a lot of people weren't around or have forgotten the bad old days when the merc mega-units were coordinating together and jumping from faction to faction with impunity to manipulate the invasion algorithm and to farm smaller units. It was a big deal in 2015-2016 and there was a great outcry back then.

I ask you to name 3 merc mega units please.

#32 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:36 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 17 February 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

I ask you to name 3 merc mega units please.

In 2015, Phases 1 and 2, MS, NS, and 228 were the worst offenders. You were there and you know this so don't play dumb.

#33 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 17 February 2018 - 04:36 AM, said:

In 2015, Phases 1 and 2, MS, NS, and 228 were the worst offenders. You were there and you know this so don't play dumb.

Lol you got me. I had forgotten about NS and 228. I guess tho it depends on how you define mega unit, And I dont believe NS or 228 can be defined as such.

Even back in the good old FWLM 1FWG had at 1 time over 175 members active, And MGA Almost 300 in CW not to mention all the other FWLM units that where active, Thats a **** load of people.

But those numbers are small potatoes compared to OG MS. OG MS out numbered any 2 factions loyalist populations combined (Save Davion plot armor pugs).

My point is that unit size compared to when **** matter compared to now is dumb. In 2015 the big 3 FW units now would be a drop in the pond compared to then. EVIL KCOM and BCMC are less than 100 people. MS now has more than that combined.

Edited by Johnathan Tanner, 17 February 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#34 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:31 AM

Instead of locking people for an entire season I would suggest to lock it if a special faction play event, these events tend to be stacked one way or another.

*ducks in the trenches*

#35 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:45 AM

Now that being loyalist is made even more pointless, can they make a special in-game currency to buy stuff in Solaris fashion? Not MC that you get for farming the planets, but a currency exclusive to loyalists that they get for matches, something mercs and lone wolves cannot have by default. Like, honour Posted Image

#36 raidarr

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

Honestly, I like how the side saying 'go back to general discussion' is resulting to insults and attacks and derision instead of using the facts they claim to hold to be their baseline for replies.

#37 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

At our highest numbers we had 109 pilots on our rolls and most of them didn't play. In no way were we a "mega" merc company.

#38 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 February 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

As usual. Posted Image
Put the LORE book down already.
pretty sure it's a hammer.. ;)

I see good and bad in this change.

Good; arg! Why is wait times so long?! *switch* yay Insta drops!

Bad; arg! Why do I keep getting dropped aganced EMP and EYEZ?! Switch* yay pugs!.

I'm a GB loyalist so this change dosnt really do anything for me. But there are ways this could effect me. So I'll wait and see.

Side note* now that everyone can move around on a whim, and since the tonnage difference in FP was due to population and not tech, are they going to make the drop limits even now?

#39 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 17 February 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

Instead of locking people for an entire season I would suggest to lock it if a special faction play event, these events tend to be stacked one way or another.

*ducks in the trenches*

I disagree. The biggest factor for big units is getting drops. If units stack one faction for events they'll be stuck waiting in queue for 30min at a time. Allowing units to switch freely helps balance population when it gets too uneven. This week my unit sat through three days of ghost drops and long waits because apparently everyone went IS. We'd have gone Clan immediately if we could.

#40 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

NS was never a megaunit... not even close. We were one of the most organized for our Dear Coordinator and NKVA.

That was ages ago unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users