Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

Allrighty!

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Will there also be something for people who do not own Black Lanner?

Edited by Nesutizale, 20 February 2018 - 02:47 PM.

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 20 February 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

This is something I would also like to know. If they don't do anything simultaneously for everyone else, it's very likely that the queues won't be as loaded as Black Lanner Pilots could use. :mellow:

~D. V. "One thing I know... It sucks when the queues are empty." Devnull

#5 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 February 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

This is something I would also like to know. If they don't do anything simultaneously for everyone else, it's very likely that the queues won't be as loaded as Black Lanner Pilots could use. Posted Image

~D. V. "One thing I know... It sucks when the queues are empty." Devnull

I doubt its going to be an issue. I get matches on a nightly basis in the absence of events.

#6 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, they used to do a parallel event about "kill a [just-released 'mech]" plus a few other things. I wonder why they don't do that, anymore? I think at least since the Hellspawn, there hasn't been a parallel event for the F2P population.

#7 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 February 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

Yeah, they used to do a parallel event about "kill a [just-released 'mech]" plus a few other things. I wonder why they don't do that, anymore? I think at least since the Hellspawn, there hasn't been a parallel event for the F2P population.

People pour salt about being a target with their new mech... so i think this type of even gone down the drain.

#8 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

As for being a target, I swear some people act like the event started early for the Lanners tonight. They are out for Lanner Blood!!! :-)

#9 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

View PostShadowFire, on 20 February 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

As for being a target, I swear some people act like the event started early for the Lanners tonight. They are out for Lanner Blood!!! :-)

Well, if they can't pilot a new mech, they can at least notch killing a new one on their belt.

#10 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

View PostJames Argent, on 20 February 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Well, if they can't pilot a new mech, they can at least notch killing a new one on their belt.

Yep... Doing it just like the Piranha...

Posted Image

...right? lol? :P

Nah... Probably not funny enough for people to laugh over... -_-

~D. V. "Sorry... It just fit the pun that came to mind when I saw your side-profile!" Devnull

#11 PLCA99

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

I'm sure if they don't put in something like this, sales on the new mechs will suffer just like the Black Lanner did before they made the change to Clan Scouting drop deck weight so people would buy it.

#12 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

I really hate saying this, but this mech is utter garbage, if you look at it sterly it falls over dead.
Uber disappointed.

#13 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 21 February 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

I really hate saying this, but this mech is utter garbage, if you look at it sterly it falls over dead.
Uber disappointed.

It's a very Niche 'Mech. It's good at hit and runs, and sniping. It goes fast, and the MASC helps it to re-position quickly...
Don't try to brawl in this... you'll get slaughtered...

#14 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Due to the lack of leaderboard events recently im guessing there is going to be a chassis challenge, right? RIGHT!?

#15 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 21 February 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

It's a very Niche 'Mech. It's good at hit and runs, and sniping. It goes fast, and the MASC helps it to re-position quickly...

This. ^

#16 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 20 February 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

I would think that if they did three challenges of "Get X Matchscore In A Y Weight Class mech" for each class that wasn't of the new mech and handed out, say, 500,000 C-Bills each that it'd be beneficial for everybody. I don't have any data to support it, of course, but it makes sense.

People without the new mech get extra money, which is a nice band-aid if the new mech is a total curbstomper. They're also using the different weight classes, making the matches more balanced while speeding up the queue for people who just bought the new mech, which benefits the people who bought the new mech, which then benefits PGI. An unhappy whale strays away. The more varied mechs means that PGI also gets more data on how the new mech deals with all sorts of other chassis across the weight classes. Players would be more inclined to pull out some of their less often used mechs. Is that new heavy mech too vulnerable to light mechs? You're not gonna find out unless people run lights. Is that new light mech just plain too slow and too vulnerable to alphas from assault mechs? You'll find the answer out much sooner with better data if you have more people playing in the assault class.

There is an additional benefit to PGI because this encourages some players to play outside of their normal weight class and/or playstyle by trying out the trial mechs if their mechbays are lackluster. Some players who previously overlooked a specific chassis or even an entire weight class will inevitably go "hey, I actually really liked that Quad UAC5 King Crab." Maybe they buy the champion with MC. Maybe they buy a the mech' pack from the store. Maybe they buy a variant with C-Bills but find that grinding for the upgrades and rearming is tough and toss in a bit for premium time. Its only like 1.5 million a month for the rewards that I suggested, which isn't even enough to buy a single Dire Wolf if you did every one of the events to completion in a year. Cockpit rewards are also good alternatives to C-Bills. People love getting free cockpit stuff and if they like it they may buy more of the same items. If they don't shell out more, well, so what? People get new battlemechs frequently. A free warhorn is a big deal when you've got three mechs but do you think less green players are going to shuffle through fifty mechs to find the one warhorn? Worst case scenario they go for the event because they want the cockpit item, don't like, and forget about it.

#17 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 21 February 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

I totally get that, I view it as a slightly bigger Locust, boom and zoom, only difference is the lack of survivability. Hit and run its pretty much useless at, but I think it will make an ok Sniper, but that does feel like a bit of a waste of that ginormous engine. The main problem for me besides the plastic nature of the mech is the armour layout, the bulk of your weapons are carried on your left arm and it has less armour than the right (for most variants). I really hope this was an oversight that will get corrected. The shitzeal before the buffs was more durable than this, and that is saying a lot.

#18 nathen west

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

Even as a sniper it doesn't do well or benefit the team in any way. Granted it can provide ECM coverage, if you see a teammember needs it fast, but that's about it.

The Mech in teammatches is a lot of wasted tonnage that could be used in a more helpful way for your team. As a sniper it can't rack up much damage because it still lacks in the firepower department, as a Support Mech it lacks weapon tonnage, not even as an AMS carrier it is useful.

And touch it once and its dead, the speed doesn't matter a thing if your opponent can just aim a little. On top of that it runns hot like hell if you manage to put on a few weapons.

I really don't know what niche PGI thought this Mech should fill, or if its just a copy from books to game without taking the game into account.

#19 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Is it just me or is the devs recently a wee bit stingy on the free MC for pawning noobs challenges . Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

We did give em real moonee for our shweet new clan bushwackers . We are already getting premium time cbills.

#20 Keltik0ne

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:04 AM

It's a fat viper without jump jets. Not going to be for everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users