#41 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:30 AM

View Postramp4ge, on 21 February 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

I would preorder either the Madcat III or the Shadowcat II right now.

Right. Now.

I love that art for the Shadowcat II. It's so low and wide and aggressive-looking.

I bought a Shadowcat because I love how it looks, and then learned to hate the mech because of how limited its loadout can be. A Shadowcat II would solve most of my issues with it, while still looking awesome. And the Mad Cat MkIII would make me happy, too. Sadly, the later is like sixty years out of the timeline, while the former is only a few years but needs the HAG.

#42 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:47 AM

Ya, they really dropped the ball by not plugging the 60-ton hole with the Sun Spider. 70 tons is also a sparse category for canon designs, but it is not like the Nova Cat was old in December.

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 22 February 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

Clans need another 80 tonner too, one without an oversized engine.

A Warhammer IIC you say?

#43 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 22 February 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

Clans need another 80 tonner too, one without an oversized engine.

View PostRekkon, on 22 February 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Ya, they really dropped the ball by not plugging the 60-ton hole with the Sun Spider. 70 tons is also a sparse category for canon designs, but it is not like the Nova Cat was old in December.

A Warhammer IIC you say?

All 80 tonners in the clan arsenal up to 3068 (Number is for variants, plus sign if for known notable pilot variants)

Canis 2 (Only 2 variants and one mounts Hags)
Naga 5 (Arrow IV is the primary weapon on all variants)
Phoenix Hawk IIC 8 (Not happening due to Law suite with Harmony Gold)
Warhammer IIC 13+1 (Not happening due to Law suite with Harmony Gold)

#44 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostGrus, on 21 February 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

i like that the Hellfire has just half a ton less armor than a Ebon Jaguar. If they quirk it right it would be a powerhouse.

Inner Sphere Perspective: i like that the Hellfire has just half a ton less armor than a Ebon Jaguar. If they nerf it right it would be balanced.

#45 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 22 February 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Inner Sphere Perspective: i like that the Hellfire has just half a ton less armor than a Ebon Jaguar. If they nerf it right it would be balanced.

lol.

#46 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostShadowomega1, on 22 February 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

All 80 tonners in the clan arsenal up to 3068 (Number is for variants, plus sign if for known notable pilot variants)

Canis 2 (Only 2 variants and one mounts Hags)
Naga 5 (Arrow IV is the primary weapon on all variants)
Phoenix Hawk IIC 8 (Not happening due to Law suite with Harmony Gold)
Warhammer IIC 13+1 (Not happening due to Law suite with Harmony Gold)

Canis would actually be pretty damn cool looking. Hags are just ballistics, swap em out or introduce the HAGs!
Besides, just add heretical PGI variants to fill it out.

#47 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostGrus, on 21 February 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

bu its not a 60tonner :/

I know, but the FL armour the prototype has makes it fight like it's a 60t mech... Posted Image

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 21 February 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

With roughneck and sun spider around canonicity is not an issue anymore. I've heard there's some licensing trouble with that Ares, but it cant be worse than licencing troubles with HG.

And also, what's the difference. Both canon and non-canon mechs are essentially imaginary robots and it doesn't really matter if the who person who made the design worked for fasa or not.
What does matter is if that particular mech is accepted by the community.

Roughneck got canonized the same day it was unveiled, and I'm sure the Sun Spider was or will be soon as well, since CGL (Catalyst Games Labs; the owners of the Battletech IP) were present at MechCon 16/17... So I give them a pass.

What we have not seen fly are the units made by MekTek, they have no TT rules for them.

#48 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:40 AM

the hellfire has a standard 240 engine...it's not going to replace many mad dogs.

#49 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

View PostJ0anna, on 22 February 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

the hellfire has a standard 240 engine...it's not going to replace many mad dogs.

It's also a battlemech, so you can swap around the engine size and type.... even using the 1.2 that most mechs get, you'd be looking at a possible 280/290 cap, possibly PGI might push it to a 300 so that it could hit the same speeds as a Mad Dog. How ever with the ability to add both FF and Endo the Hellfire would have more free tonnage than the Mad Dog currently enjoys...

#50 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

Oh yes, I would love me a Canis. Big brother to the Predator, but with a more sensible cockpit placement!

#51 ramp4ge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

View PostSeranov, on 22 February 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

I bought a Shadowcat because I love how it looks, and then learned to hate the mech because of how limited its loadout can be. A Shadowcat II would solve most of my issues with it, while still looking awesome. And the Mad Cat MkIII would make me happy, too. Sadly, the later is like sixty years out of the timeline, while the former is only a few years but needs the HAG.

Yeah, I feel the same way about the Shadowcat. The sad thing is, a 35-ton Cougar can effectively carry a heavier load than a 45 ton Shadowcat. I run my Cougar with 2 ATM9s and 2 MPLs and have plenty of ATM ammo and full armor.. Can't come anywhere close to that with a Shadowcat.

A 60 ton Shadowcat would be amazing.

#52 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostWill9761, on 21 February 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Actually, both are identical in appearance and tonnage, it's just that one is an Omni and the other is a BattleMech. Even the lore of the Hellfire states that they are just Lupus' modified into battlemechs chassis by Clan Star Adder. So basically they are just like the Arctic Wolf with both battle and omni variants, but with a different name.

they are really close, but i see the main difference in the torso is the Omni version has mouse ears for launchers and the Battlemech has them built into the ST's

View PostMetus regem, on 22 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

It's also a battlemech, so you can swap around the engine size and type.... even using the 1.2 that most mechs get, you'd be looking at a possible 280/290 cap, possibly PGI might push it to a 300 so that it could hit the same speeds as a Mad Dog. How ever with the ability to add both FF and Endo the Hellfire would have more free tonnage than the Mad Dog currently enjoys...

this is what im getting at. the hellfire could be our 60t gunboat like the ebon. and being only .5 tones less in the armor being a little slower is a fair trade off.

View PostGrus, on 22 February 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

they are really close, but i see the main difference in the torso is the Omni version has mouse ears for launchers and the Battlemech has them built into the ST's

this is what im getting at. the hellfire could be our 60t gunboat like the ebon. and being only .5 tones less in the armor being a little slower is a fair trade off.

Posted Image
Hellfire

Posted Image
Lupis

for comparison

#53 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

I'd take a Naga in a heartbeat, just hardwire those Arrows in there and give me a new artillery missile to play with.

#54 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

The Hellfire has really huge side torso hitboxes.

#55 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 22 February 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

The Hellfire has really huge side torso hitboxes.

if they take the same approach as the IS's mechs with the same issue it wont be a problem. I.E. quirks

#56 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

Hellfire is literally the best option.

I think people are not noticing that the Predator's cockpit is in its groin.

#57 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

While you're at it can I shameless request a 20 and 25 tonner for IS mechs too? My Commandos are lonely and my Locusts are collecting dust. I know Harmony Gold is still going at it so no Wasp or Stinger but tons of us still want the Flea.

#58 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:39 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 21 February 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

OF those I like the Lupus the most, but I fully admit that the Predator would be the better addition to MWO.

The Pred has a crotchpit haha. Seriously, it's cockpit is location is in it's waist.

I suggest the Thresher or Hellfire as the best 60t options.

#59 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostGrus, on 22 February 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

if they take the same approach as the IS's mechs with the same issue it wont be a problem. I.E. quirks

Don't ever expect quirks on a clan mech.

#60 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

was there a 60 ton Griffin??

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users