181 replies to this topic

#81 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:23 PM

The Clans will rue the day they invaded when the mighty Flee hits the battlefield!

#82 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

Nothing like waiting SIX YEARS for a 'Mech that's nerfed at it's debut. A whopping 170 engine cap so you can pigeon hole in a MASC in order to do the same speed as a locust. No thanks, I'll keep my money.

#83 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

Open a 3050 TRO ?

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 March 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Now if only we had some Lore to read... Posted Image

~D. V. "Placing the request in PGI's lap..." Devnull

#84 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

View PostSennin, on 01 March 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Nothing like waiting SIX YEARS for a 'Mech that's nerfed at it's debut. A whopping 170 engine cap so you can pigeon hole in a MASC in order to do the same speed as a locust. No thanks, I'll keep my money.

actually, it goes faster than a Locust when MASC is on.with the highest rated engine.

also, FYI, they followed the lore for its usual engine. and honestly, MASC makes up for it being slightly slower, especially as it'll be able to out-firepower a Locust by a fair margin.

Edited by Arkhangel, 01 March 2018 - 08:45 PM.

#85 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 March 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Why should I buy an inferior Piranha? I suppose it is at least stronger than the Locust on paper.

actually, it's superior to the Pirahna in Speed and Handling due to the MASC. also, it's IS.

and, additionally... most of its weapons are arm mounted and level with the cockpit. the Pirahna's got the edge in firepower, sure, but it suffers in actually APPLYING it compared to the setup of the Flea.

View PostCathy, on 01 March 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Well another reversal

We will never have the flea.. wasn't that about 3 months ago that was said ?

We now have the flea ..

not complaining, just pointing the facts

actually, they probably did that just to play a prank on us when they did this reveal.

#86 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

View PostAthom83, on 01 March 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Welp, another mechpack after CivilWar that didn't include the Sunder. Feels bad man.

So you want an Inner Sphere Omni with a locked 360XL? Hmmmm.

#87 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 01 March 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Why the hell did this take so long?

It's about time...

#88 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:08 PM

View PostDeeber, on 01 March 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

I feel a little sad looking at this mech pack. Before the introduction of the skill tree, this would have been a 'no brainer' purchase for me as a light mech pilot, but not so now. Each potential mech purchase (whether with real money or with C-Bills) now means a significant investment in time and effort to improve the mech ... particularly for an average pilot like me. Before the skill tree, we could improve our mechs to a large extent by using XP only, and then buy further improvements (i.e., modules) for XP and C-Bills. Now, we are tied to both XP and C-Bill costs from the outset. All of that said, it is nice to see another light mech chassis in the game. Posted Image

Someone is forgetting the cost of modules....

#89 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

View PostCathy, on 01 March 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Well another reversal

We will never have the flea.. wasn't that about 3 months ago that was said ?

We now have the flea ..

not complaining, just pointing the facts

Facts? Please point to the announcement indicating that we will not receive the Flea.

#90 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:36 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 March 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Why the hell did this take so long?

It's about time...

They announced it but as soon as they knew they could have the Locust instead, they decided to put it off completely until all the other MW4 mechs could start being added to the game so it would fit in a themed wave of IS releases?
They didn't know best how to handle it with MASC until now, and they didn't like the community's suggestions at all?
Given the release of the Piranha, they wanted to give the IS a light mech that had more than 4 ballistic hardpoints?
They were pressured by HBS to make it for their game, so it's a collaborative release?
They wanted to show Gas Guzzler's poll the finger, so they epicly did a classic 180?
They're scraping the bottom of the barrel before adding anything the community would deem good?
All the above?

Just spitballing some thoughts that came to mind.

#91 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

Why does PGI come out with this mech NOW? yawn*

I will buy one for C BILLS when the time comes. I just LOL @ all these "Take my money" folks! sigh*

#92 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

(as this should be here, i just moved it)

“Do any of you have any idea what we’re doing here?” “Yeah, walking around like idiots.” “Seriously who sent us here?” “Must be another joke from the sergeant.”
The quartet of cadets moved forward, scanning left and right. Atlas D, Catapult K2, Hunchback 4G and Dragon 1N making up their lance. “Well look, we’re at the end of the patrol, how exciting, I guess we’ll turn around and go ba-“
Suddenly they were surrounded by Mechs hitting them.
Posted Image
“Readings! Fleas! Five, maybe six of them! They’re all over the damn place!” “How the hell do you hit these things?” “My AC/5 is out!” shouts the Dragon cadet, the Fleas having ‘knocked out’ the weapon with concentrated virtual laser fire. “Got one lined up go- Dammit, where’d they go?”
And just like that, they were gone. Around hills, behind cliff edges, they just disappeared.
“Hello newbies! Enjoying your stroll?” taunted their sergeant, “What do you do now?”
And then silence.
“F-form a square!” And so they did, forming up, back to back. None of them was in good condition. The Dragon’s AC/5 was out, the Hunchback’s left arm was out, both the Catapult’s PPCs were hurting, and the Atlas had a very damaged right leg. “Cover your sectors; you know they’ll be... back.”
And they were; as the cadets predicted, the Fleas were suddenly all over them.
“I can’t hit him he’s at my feet. I can’t see that far down!” screamed the Atlas cadet as, “Damn – there goes my other arm!” shouted the Hunchback pilot. “My PPC’s are almost gone, got a couple hits with machine guns I think!” commented the Catapult. “Everyone cut... stop the chatter! Where the hell are they?” growled the Atlas pilot, the leader of the lance.
“Gone again.” “Anyone see where they went?” asks someone, to no reply.
They were back before anyone really understood. The K2’s rear armour was suddenly out. “I’m dead guys, good luck...” his solemn statement. “Headshot; me too” replied the Hunchback pilot. “Damn, cored… good luck man,” came a very exhausted message from the Dragon cadet.
Suddenly the Atlas’ left leg was out.
“Bet you could use a Light or two on your side about now, eh?” sneered the sergeant over the comm. "Oh, and there are three of us, not six."
“Absolutely, sir,” the cadet replied, as his Mech’s right leg succumbed to lasers, “Absolutely.”

#93 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

may 12 fleas infest your legs

#94 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 March 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

@ThatNumbGuy: makes me think... Locust then, essentially, is the "Marathon Running" Light, whereas the Flea's the 100/200m Sprint champion.

it's actually going to be nasty just for that, because people'll ASSUME it's a slow light, and be surprised as hell when it books out of there at that speed, not to mention turning on a dime thanks to MASC's buff to handling. a well-piloted Flea would be a giant pain in the *** to hit, between that sprint, and its sheer agility.

And then someone forgets to turn the MASC off and the legs just sort of vaporise?

#95 X Player

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:27 PM

I laughed way too hard about that *meep meep*

I like that little critter. Posted Image

#96 donkey crevice

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts
  • LocationRedding Ca

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostK19, on 01 March 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Why the Locust has the maximum engine 190 the Flea only 170 !!! Posted Image Posted Image very bad for mech of 20tns since speed difference will make them die faster !! Posted Image Posted Image

they did that because they also added MASC...

#97 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

View Postdonkey crevice, on 01 March 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

they did that because they also added MASC...

and the Flea has a lottttt more potential firepower than the Locust, and in better areas.

#98 Dolgfer Roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:44 PM

Please enjoy also the Lego Version Posted Image

#99 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:56 PM

Well i'll have to buy all of it. I wanted this mech when i first aw it and it got me into lights. I can finally ride my roots into the sunset.

The Flea stands the greatest chance of getting me back to the Inner Sphere.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 02 March 2018 - 12:02 AM.

#100 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:03 AM

Masc could make at least the FLE-17and FLE-20 variants interesting for skirmishing. Remember the old Locust agility before engine decoupling where you could step out of cover, fire and step back within the blink of an eye? Maybe Masc can enable the Flea to do this even better than the pre-decoupling Locust and in case of the FLE-17 with slightly more firepower too...

Edited by Daggett, 02 March 2018 - 01:05 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users