133 replies to this topic

#101 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

We clearly need longer arms to cover the side better on their Fafnir Model. They look so short. I found the rest okay for the look but the arms need some works. It would be more mw4 like with longer arms.

Still will be an easy sliced Direwolf like target...

Edited by Damnedtroll, 05 March 2018 - 09:23 AM.

#102 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Hi guys, just wondering does anyone have the link to the YouTube Video of this production update?

#103 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

#104 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Can someone explain how the different Mechs with their different tonnage and hardpoints, that can be used for Solaris will be taken into account to make a fair and balance challenge?

#105 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

View PostPeter2k, on 05 March 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

yeah I can see it now, trolls are not going to make new accounts to ruin new players games in Solaris, only QP

btw

I'm sure PGI will get around of making it good enough for new players, but we are trusting in a company that said the MM and more importantly the tier system is working as inteded

ELO when we had it was not that great either, it was better though
its not just how the ranking/tier/sorting is named, its the math and the stats that flow into that will matter
PGI has, in my opinion, not shown they know about such things

I'm fine with wait and see, but I'm not going to hold my breath

to top that off
in my experience for 1v1 matches, you use quite different lines of thinking to build your mech compared to normal QP
while a VET usually has the c-bills, it might not be very friendly to new players to rebuild or buy 2 mechs for 2 different ques

Just throw the new players into the deep end and see who can sink and who can swim. Solaris is inherently about competition and it will be all about who can pack the biggest alpha and take the legs off of their opponent quickest.

#106 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

View PostReposter, on 05 March 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Can someone explain how the different Mechs with their different tonnage and hardpoints, that can be used for Solaris will be taken into account to make a fair and balance challenge?

its in that 2 hour youtube video link, on the solaris 7 announcement thread and a dozen other places. mechs will be tiered.

#107 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

I am currently listening to the Production update, it is quite long so would appreciate a summary, thanks!

Edited by Reposter, 05 March 2018 - 01:01 PM.

#108 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostRazerThrone07, on 01 March 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

BattleTech is a turn-based lucrative Kickstarter campaign of tactical game-play, which has a ridiculous price tag.
Dollars on hold until BattleTech II or Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries coming out soon, will offer strategy, tactics, in a first-person format, Solaris 7.

Don't count on it. Mw5 is still being developed by PGI who let's face it don't exactly have a shining track record with this game. Lead staff that have selective hearing, constant repetitive wtf decision making process if they even have one, seemingly never actually even play the game (think the last time I see a Dev in game was about three years ago and I play daily pretty much) and also don't seem to listen a great deal to the die hard passionate fan base.
Which is a shame as there are some real ray of light staff there so it seems, Lauren and Alex to name a few.

#109 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

Last saw a dev in-game 2 weeks ago or so.

#110 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 02 March 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

- 2-day mechcon. Nothing stronger than beer.

Good call on making it longer, the tourney took all day and I felt bad for the participants being stressed out into playing MWO for 12 hours.

But why nothing stronger than beer? I didn't see anyone making any kind of scene or causing trouble. Was it my fault because the bartender thought I was cute and wasn't taking my tickets and that left PGI with my bill for a dozen gin and tonics?

Hell, I'd pay a hair more to have the option between beer tickets and cocktail tickets. I can't drink beer for 12 hours straight.

#111 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 05 March 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

But why nothing stronger than beer?

As i understood, to lower the age threshold.. They want more kids in.

My suggestion:
Spoiler

#112 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

The Fafnir 3d model mockup reminds me of the way MWLL used to post new mechs.

#113 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,943 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

Once again, too blocky, too flat, no curves, no style to it. Just like what happened with the Warhammer.
Just looks like a fat Cicada.. sorry.

Put some into it ffs..

#114 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 04 March 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

They're not just listening to streamers.... it's more they don't listen to whiners. there's plenty of people who are none of those things who are fine with 12v12. 8v8 got canned because there wasn't enough support among a majority of players IN GENERAL for it.

deal with it.

I will just play casually until Solaris is out, hopefully you are in my bracket and I will deal with you.

#115 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:10 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 05 March 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

I will just play casually until Solaris is out, hopefully you are in my bracket and I will deal with you.

This brings up a great point, I know we have private lobbies but a "challenge" mechanism in S7! :D

#116 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:34 AM

Oh man, that could be a thing. Challenges could perhaps be even announced, matches scheduled in advance... imagine that hype with some of them. Hell, even challenges issued could be made public:
"Oh, look, a duel challenge! What will be the other warrior's response? What weapons will be chosen?"

And imagine somebody not picking up the glove... there's honor to be lost, cowardice to be called out... the possibilities...

But I don't suppose we ever get any of that. Sigh.

#117 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 06 March 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

Oh man, that could be a thing. Challenges could perhaps be even announced, matches scheduled in advance... imagine that hype with some of them. Hell, even challenges issued could be made public:
"Oh, look, a duel challenge! What will be the other warrior's response? What weapons will be chosen?"

And imagine somebody not picking up the glove... there's honor to be lost, cowardice to be called out... the possibilities...

But I don't suppose we ever get any of that. Sigh.

Yeah, like the hype before a boxing match or an MMA bout. Yeah, when the challenge is issued it can put out a call to arms for an audience.

Edited by Ed Steele, 06 March 2018 - 09:25 AM.

#118 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

View Postmad kat, on 05 March 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Don't count on it. Mw5 is still being developed by PGI who let's face it don't exactly have a shining track record with this game. Lead staff that have selective hearing, constant repetitive wtf decision making process if they even have one, seemingly never actually even play the game (think the last time I see a Dev in game was about three years ago and I play daily pretty much) and also don't seem to listen a great deal to the die hard passionate fan base.
Which is a shame as there are some real ray of light staff there so it seems, Lauren and Alex to name a few.

not to mention a bunch of constant whiners on the forums...

#119 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 07 March 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

not to mention a bunch of constant whiners on the forums...

Don't forget the elitist and equally (or more so) whiney people on the Outreach Reddit as well as on Twitter.

#120 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostNightbird, on 01 March 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Left or right?

Neither!!! This thing looks like an 80 ton fire support 'Mech that is 80% legs, not the 100 ton 'Mech wrecking machine that it is supposed to be. The torsos and arms have had an entire section cut out of them and the side torsos are too short/shallow to house any heavy ballistic weapons like AC/20s or Gauss Rifles.

Arms are too short and too skinny and legs are too long and not thick/wide enough. Arms need to be thicker/bigger and have some heat sink fins or something put on them to dress them up a bit. Very plain looking 'Mech. Not at all what I was expecting (or want to spend money on) given some of the nice graphic reworks they have done on some other 'Mechs.

The Fafnir is a "short" 100 ton 'Mech that is about as wide/thick as it is tall. Its height should only be up to about the lower chest area on an Atlas. It's like a dwarf 100 ton 'Mech. Legs are HUGE to support the massive oversizing of its upper torsos which was required to house the massive HGR and provide stability while moving and shooting those massive ballistic weapons.

The stride of this 'Mech should be short, lunging steps while the gyros fight to maintain balance of the massive torsos. This is the way this 'Mech should be. Not like what is depicted here in this image. This is not even close to what I was hoping for, or what is depicted in lore of this BattleMech. This is a frail looking thing that will die in seconds. Mainly due to being able to hit its center torso from nearly any angle. With the side torsos and arms being made so short, you won't even be able to torso twist to protect the center torso because there is nothing you can torso twist in the way to take damage. They can always hit the center torso. They designed this 'Mech to die quickly on the battlefield. I'm getting really tired of PGI sabotaging our 'Mechs with nerfs and things like this to make them paper dolls on the battlefield. This may be the only 'Mech in the game that has worse hit boxes than the Victor!

This Peewee Herman version of the Fafnir needs to be taken back into the gym (3D software) and turned into the Arnold Schwarzenegger version. They did this with the Black Lanner, which was severely beefed up from what the gift page images were which looked like a frail 35 or 40 ton 'Mech. The same needs to happen to the Fafnir to make it look like it should. PGI went the wrong way with their graphical "rework" on this "Mech".

Edited by Captain Grayson Lighthorse, 03 April 2018 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users