• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 03 March 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

wait, what..?! Posted Image

Faction (or to be precise: the nice crowd of people there Posted Image) is -the- reason for me to still play this game at all, and I guess (quite sure) I'm not alone on that.
2-4 weeks of QP-hell and I'm out. at least for that time.

did he mention any good reason for the downtime?

100 %

QP is like hell for me...

But lets be realistic:

There are still enough players in FP and i guess they also should join the solaris release and not staying in "their" corner of MWO, so that as most player as possible will trying out Solaris. That makes absolutely sense to me, but i am human and unfair: I want my FP not being closed for that long and QP sucks.

#62 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:29 AM

I want my FP not being closed for that long and QP sucks.

I agree this. Quickplay ist just a big stupid stomp without Tactic and Plan. It depends hardly on the teammates you have and the luck for the Map you get. And thats the reason,for myself, to just play Meta Mechs (Clan Laser Vomits oder realy good Counterparts who score in every Situation) in Quick Play Matches if you want to win. No diversification needed. And thats so boring. Quickplay is a torment to me. So, out of my position you should make a pause to Quickplay game mode and not to FP.

#63 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 03 March 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

You can't just pin it on torso twist... due to lag, slow graphics, any number of other factors, you can easily ger pinpointed before you realized you are getting shot...

...and thats for the people that KNOW how to twist...

My thought is that its almost a "focus" thing where if you can keep your reticle fixed on the same point long enough for convergence, you'll get pintpoint. In other words you have a cone, but it can get smaller if you have a steady, patient hand. It would increase difficulty of poptarting w/o killing it, it would create risk/reward scenarios for quality shots. It would make long range pinpoint harder without necessarily penalizing brawling.

There was a suggestion I saw, once, to have accuracy connected to your target lock (which actually fits with some of the books I've finally been able to read). Targeting Computers with target locks, range, all improve the accuracy of your weapons. Especially since IS now has their own targeting computers. It'd be nice if they got the tonnage restrictions in there with them, though.

#64 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

bolt ons in Q.P isn't my thing Russ Posted Image

So I hope solaris has zero impact on the regular Queues

Edited by Cathy, 03 March 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#65 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

Thank you, PGI, for doing the production podcast update at all. Looking at the bigger picture it's something that could have been skipped and yet you guys went for it anyway so yes - it's appreciated.

The one thing that I was hoping to hear in this update was additional information from Chris on future mech mechanics portions of the game that were touched upon in Dane's "Unfunning" video that were going to be given attention with the next couple of patches. The reduction of power in consumables was GREAT to hear, whether I agree with it or not, simply because it was something you were ready to try out and let the players know about. Please continue to give us more information like this with your attempts to improve the fun of the current game's state.

Also, the TBR is about to be joined by a new clan heavy peer in the form of the Sun Spider. I'd like to please ask that the Timberwolf's current state of the game be reviewed once the Sun Spider's performance has been evaluated. Negative quirks, an 85 ton Warkhawk's base agility, and large side torsos with a large nose center torso to give the enemy a constant pick of where they can shoot with the mech having stock armor is a bad mix. Competitive players point this out again and again out loud on streams as reasons why they won't play the mech and it's disappointing to newer players that recall that Iconic mech and become excited that they can play it.

#66 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

So I listened to the product update, and all I have to say is.. what in the hell ever made them think Rubellite was a good map?

Dear PGI, Rubellite Oasis is one of the worst maps in the game, even Terra Therma is better, so please, don't make Solaris City aaaanything like Rubellite..

Great work on Supply caches, extra Decals (Deecaaals, not dekals!), but I do have to express a growing concern:

Solaris7 is gonna take away players from QP and FP, and we might see a significantly higher wait times.

Maybe 8Vs8 is not such a bad idea, as a counter measure.. Even though I personally don't like the 8Vs8 idea, I do not want to wait 15 minutes for a QP match, and 45 minutes for a FP..

Looking forward to bolt-ons!

#67 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostNightbird, on 01 March 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Left or right?

Neither. WALL-E had a square body...and treads, not legs.

Edit: Should've read the whole thread first. Can I change it to 'Johnny Five?'

Edited by James Argent, 03 March 2018 - 11:57 AM.

#68 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:01 PM

I'll disagree. Rubellite is one of my most favorite maps, especially on Domination. Lots of intense battles and varying lines of attack. I don't have a formal list, but it's definitely one of the 3 best maps in the game.

#69 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 03 March 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Neither. WALL-E had a square body...and treads, not legs.

Edit: Should've read the whole thread first. Can I change it to 'Johnny Five?'

LOL Johnny 5! MWO's newest assault mech!

Posted Image

#70 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 March 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

So I listened to the product update, and all I have to say is.. what in the hell ever made them think Rubellite was a good map?

Dear PGI, Rubellite Oasis is one of the worst maps in the game, even Terra Therma is better, so please, don't make Solaris City aaaanything like Rubellite..

disagree Posted Image

Rubby is one of my fave maps right now, if not the most fav.

simply because in QP, you are not -that- tied to the team; even with heavies and not-so-slow-assaults it actually pays off to walk your own way once they all decide to hide under some rock, AGAIN.
you can't do that on an open map, but on Rub' you can; I also like the different "levels", the heat etc.
JJs, good heatmanagement etc. - so many things pay off on this map that keep most battles dynamic; - it's just good.

if only crimson strait could be replaced with Rubellite2.. *I can dream* Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 03 March 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#71 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 03 March 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

Faction (or to be precise: the nice crowd of people there Posted Image) is -the- reason for me to still play this game at all, and I guess (quite sure) I'm not alone on that.
2-4 weeks of QP-hell and I'm out. at least for that time.

View PostBishop Six, on 03 March 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

I want my FP not being closed for that long and QP sucks.

Don't worry guys:
Posted Image

P.S. Though most likely reason was to shield new players, coming with Solaris, from negative experience. Imagine, new player comes, plays Solaris, thinks "oh, cool game. What else it have?" and clicks Faction Play... And quits soon after.

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 03 March 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#72 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 03 March 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

You can't just pin it on torso twist... due to lag, slow graphics, any number of other factors, you can easily ger pinpointed before you realized you are getting shot...

...and thats for the people that KNOW how to twist...

My thought is that its almost a "focus" thing where if you can keep your reticle fixed on the same point long enough for convergence, you'll get pintpoint. In other words you have a cone, but it can get smaller if you have a steady, patient hand. It would increase difficulty of poptarting w/o killing it, it would create risk/reward scenarios for quality shots. It would make long range pinpoint harder without necessarily penalizing brawling.

You're talking about convergence right? PGI used to have this. You can see it in use here.
However it was server authorative, which meant you were subject to communication time with the server, and had to hold your aim for nearly a second... unless you ping was high and then it was up to 5 seconds to get good accuracy.
https://i.makeagif.c...2014/NWmoei.mp4
Laser is fired at the 3rd second, and the combination of medium lasers and a small go from wide spread to closing in (because he is zeroing convergence as he fires; it happened from a sudden change in target distance.)
If PGI could find some sort of go between... or if having more servers in other countries as they do now has made a difference... we could try it again. But otherwise.... probably not.

Edited by Koniving, 03 March 2018 - 03:51 PM.

#73 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostCathy, on 03 March 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

bolt ons in Q.P isn't my thing Russ Posted Image

So I hope solaris has zero impact on the regular Queues

But Cathy, how do you feel about "strap ons" ;)

Edited by MovinTarget, 03 March 2018 - 05:21 PM.

#74 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 02 March 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I hope it retains the stance of the older incarnations, with the almost lunging legs as it moves. Those deep lunges get me every time.

Posted Image

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD LOOK!
Cmon PGI, make it so!

#75 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 March 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're talking about convergence right? PGI used to have this. You can see it in use here.
However it was server authorative, which meant you were subject to communication time with the server, and had to hold your aim for nearly a second... unless you ping was high and then it was up to 5 seconds to get good accuracy.
https://i.makeagif.c...2014/NWmoei.mp4
Laser is fired at the 3rd second, and the combination of medium lasers and a small go from wide spread to closing in (because he is zeroing convergence as he fires; it happened from a sudden change in target distance.)
If PGI could find some sort of go between... or if having more servers in other countries as they do now has made a difference... we could try it again. But otherwise.... probably not.

There has to be a happy medium here. Insta-convergence now is simply OP vs people that don't know what they are doing yet. How hackable would it be to address convergence client-side? This would be a simple modifier passed to server at the time a weapon fires... it wouldn't affect *what* is targeted, just how well converged the weapons are...

#76 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 02 March 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I hope it retains the stance of the older incarnations, with the almost lunging legs as it moves. Those deep lunges get me every time.

Posted Image

View PostCaptain Grayson Lighthorse, on 02 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Very nice pic of an iconic 'Mech. Too bad the one we're getting doesn't look like this...

View PostChristophe Ivanov, on 03 March 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD LOOK!
Cmon PGI, make it so!

yes how it should look

#77 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

Nice that they have this, Is there something that has captions or written text? Ya know some of us have a hearing loss. Posted Image

Edited by Christophe Ivanov, 03 March 2018 - 06:21 PM.

#78 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 03 March 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

But Cathy, how do you feel about "strap ons" Posted Image

I don't need to use one Posted Image

I won't go any further into detail, because last time I tried, you told me you didn't need to know Posted Image

Edited by Cathy, 03 March 2018 - 06:24 PM.

#79 DRlFTER

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

Are they increasing the # of decals you can put on a mech?

#80 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 March 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

Great work on Supply caches, extra Decals (Deecaaals, not dekals!), but I do have to express a growing concern:

Solaris7 is gonna take away players from QP and FP, and we might see a significantly higher wait times.

Maybe 8Vs8 is not such a bad idea, as a counter measure.. Even though I personally don't like the 8Vs8 idea, I do not want to wait 15 minutes for a QP match, and 45 minutes for a FP..

Looking forward to bolt-ons!

Rubellite's actually one of the best maps in the game. Sorry they can't be all icy maps so you don't have to learn how to manage your heat, pansy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users