#21 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:19 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 01 March 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Lots of news today!

Given the state of the game, the more news the better, really.

#22 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

This podcast is going to be just the same ol' same crap said, promised, nothing comes of said promised, etc, etc!

Seriously, lol

I listened to the whole first 1 or 2 of these podcasts years ago. Havent bothered wasting my time listening to any of them since. :)

#23 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

Give us screenshots of the cockpit view : There are too many Mech's which i dislike because of it! :(

#24 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

I'm sure they'll be addressing issues that virtually no one cares about and ignoring issues virtually everyone cares about...as usual.

#25 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 02 March 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

When will the Podcast be on youtube as they are to late in the night for me to watch.
PS: Thanks for posting in UTC too Posted Image

In small print, the following day on youtube which is also what they've done before. No idea what time though.

#26 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

Can we get an update on the New tech upgrades on mechs? I saw in the other post that some new mechs are getting updated in a future patch, But what about the Solaris package mechs that have not been updated. I'm thinking atlas, firestarter ect.

What about other mechs that have yet to hit that, is there any sort of timeline, or date you would like to see all of them get a pass?

#27 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

Damn 2 AM UTC and I have overtime at work tomorrow.... you guys and your behind timezones :P think of us poor Euros eh? The question is now... will I be awake at 2 in the morning to check this out?

Give me a free mechpack and il think about it NGNGtv Posted Image (*Cough rigged, *cough)

#28 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

The last patch had some very small changes that addressed a couple of the concerns brought up by Dane's "unfunning" video and community balance feedback thread. I found it to be very encouraging, even if it was just a small step towards some of the issues. I'm looking forward to hearing in this podcast if we will soon be seeing additional changes with the next patch, or if a fork's been stuck in it and the topics are considered closed.

#29 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

Legged
Posted Image

#30 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

I hope it retains the stance of the older incarnations, with the almost lunging legs as it moves. Those deep lunges get me every time.

Posted Image

#31 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Some of the comments on here...smh.

Thanks for the High-res screen.

#32 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:12 PM

I was really hoping that PGI would do the same excellent job with the Fafnir that they did with the Victor; make vast improvements on its original artwork appearance and make it look more elegant, beefier, and contoured/streamlined. But they didn't. The improvements PGI made to the Victor's appearance were great. But the Fafnir pretty much looks like it was built by a company called "Low Tech Design Industries" or "Hillbilly Manufacturing". Sorry PGI. But this is one 'Mech in the MechWarrior Universe that needed a SERIOUS face lift. It just really doesn't look like a very common sense built 'Mech. The original design by PLOG (a much nicer looking Fafnir) would have been a good base starting point, and then increase the arm and arm weapon sizes and add some armor plates to the legs like on the Annihilator would have looked nice.

I do like the shields they put on the arms but the "redesign" needed to go quite a bit further into the "sophisticated high-tech" area I think. It looks like they may have extended the cockpit just enough to see out the side windows. Hopefully this is the case. Don't need another "tunnel vision" assault 'Mech like the Atlas and Kodiak. Hopefully the convergence of the weapons will be good and the 'Mech have decent torso yaw, pitch, and twist.

Guess we'll see how it turns out when it drops...

#33 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 02 March 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I hope it retains the stance of the older incarnations, with the almost lunging legs as it moves. Those deep lunges get me every time. Posted Image

Very nice pic of an iconic 'Mech. Too bad the one we're getting doesn't look like this...

#34 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

There's a lot of things that I love about the "iconic" MW4 era Fafnir design, it remains one of my all-time favorites, but objectively it's terrible in a lot of ways (the legs are brutal for example). If they pose the new one right it'll look better on a lot of fronts I figure. Like most mechs, the T pose equivalent doesn't do it many favors compared to more dynamic posing.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 02 March 2018 - 02:14 PM.

#35 Shock21

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:41 PM

It's nice to see WALL-E is still getting work

#36 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 02 March 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

There's a lot of things that I love about the "iconic" MW4 era Fafnir design, it remains one of my all-time favorites, but objectively it's terrible in a lot of ways (the legs are brutal for example). If they pose the new one right it'll look better on a lot of fronts I figure. Like most mechs, the T pose equivalent doesn't do it many favors compared to more dynamic posing.

Maybe so. They may alter it a little more from these pics but I doubt it. Usually by the time it reaches this point they're mostly done with the graphic design.

The MW4 Fafnir looks like a giant, earth quake inducing destroyer of worlds, where this design looks a bit anemic. Looks more like a light-weight 80 ton 'Mech instead of the fear-inducing 100-ton 'Mech wrecking machine that it's supposed to be. They just basically cut out a complete section of the torsos and arms on the original design and it made it look kind of like a hack job. Just wish they would have put a bit more effort into the appearance of one of the most wanted 'Mechs in the game.

PGI has already been slammed with copy write crap on 'Mech designs before so I'm sure this weighed heavily on their art work decisions. What a shame they have to fight that. It could have been the best looking redesigned 'Mech yet. I was really hoping... But oh well. They have better things to do than fight legal battles. Posted Image

#37 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

I will hold off critiquing the Fafnir until I see side by side comparisons with the Atlas.

#38 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

The side torsos are bad enough, we all knew they would be, but the darn CT sticks out 15 feet in front of the side torsos. Your screwed from every angle! I'm sorry but this is awful and I feel sorry for anyone that put real money up front for it. I'm on board for using the original artwork as a template like others mentioned.

#39 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 March 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

because that Design is about 70% legs? not a great leap.

The original art is maybe 60% legs at most, and crucially, they're wider than they are tall. That's vital to visually conveying the fact this chassis is supposed to be a highly stable firing platform for two of the heaviest weapons in the game.

The proportions are just all messed up here. Legs too thin and much too tall. Torso much wider than it needs to be because of pointless empty space all around the gauss. Cockpit window too low on the head/face.

Indeed, the empty space surrounding the huge gauss holes makes it look like the whole setup was designed to attract all possible incoming fire and funnel it into the holes like a vacuum cleaner.

They need to remember the Fafnir is supposed to be a beefy, blocky military tank with as much armor as possible to protect its weapon systems.

It's not supposed to be a giant stereo or totem mech for Clan Owl.

#40 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

Stream Suggestions (so they're not getting completely buried in the stream comments).

Rainbow Decal for Snuggles Time's Care Bear.

Active Probe should be able to see through Buildings and Trees, but not rocks/ground. (Per MekTek's mod to MW4). This would enable it to "see ambushes" in city environments, per its original function.

Replace FP Drop Decks with a fully functional Mobile Field Base which the Company Commander can command, instructing it to move so that it can't always be found by enemy scouts.

Make it so only Company and Lance Commanders can call in Strikes. (Realistic). If they get killed, the next person needs to take command to call in strikes. (Suggested by OldBob10025)

More fall damage along with fully-functional jump jets. Make the reticle shake last for the entire time spent in the air (including falling off a cliff), to make pop-tarting very difficult.

It would restore the superiority of OmniMechs if they were able to pick from any of the stock (Canon) loadouts before a match starts, while Battlemechs are locked into the (fully customized) loadout that the player last saved onto the 'mech.

Although it's a departure from Table Top, having a multiple section system like in MechWarrior 4 (where the TimberWolf's Rabbit Ears are their own separate components, rather than part of the side torso, etc) would improve the viability of loadouts where there are such distinctive removable features that are added or removed with loadout configurations.

Cool Shots and Strikes should follow the Table Top and MechWarrior 4 formats, respectively. Cool Shots are "Coolant Pods" which can be attached to a 'mech and consume tonnage and space which could be given to heat sinks or weapons. They work just like Cool Shots currently do. Air/Artillery Strikes in MechWarrior 4 were either Missile or Ballistic weapons (I forget which) which would shoot a smoke grenade out of the 'mech, which was subsequently the center of the area of bombardment. This had a ballistic trajectory and only a range of about 400 meters. This would prevent striking all the way across the map.

Even better: get rid of strikes, entirely, and make Long Toms and Arrow IV artillery available in-game, with all of the same support requirements as in Table Top. Enable the pilot to fire at a grid square based on his hud map, but still have the projectile fly from his/her 'mech, be affected by intervening terrain, and consume ammunition.

Last but not least: Cone of fire in any way, shape, or form. By any means necessary or possible. If we can have a proper cone of fire, where shots aren't pinpoint accurate, all other settings can be returned to TableTop values without being overpowered, because the hits will be somewhat randomized.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 02 March 2018 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users