• LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Short notes:

- one full cave map for Solaris;

- solaris is bigger feature than CW;

- if you wish you can play only solaris, without need for any other mode;

- Solaris is tiered by ELO, not PSR. ELO is separate for 1v1 and 2v2;

- new Australia server - use it or lose it;

- No 8v8, community didn't ask for it loud enough. Community is split on this subject;

- Comp Q (not QP) - map vote is 1-time use, considered. After you vote for map, it will be removed from next round;

- JJs for assaults buff;

- Consumable changes - 1) coolshots nerfed base cooling 2) airstrikes (not arty) - a little nerf. (less damage by +-40%, but longer. - not sure if to both, missed that part);

- Deeeeckals - 6 > 9;

- CW - Russ didn't gave up on it, but Solaris development and post-launch support is more important. No significant development for CW before;

- CW event in March after patch;

- Full CW map and contract reset after Solaris. Reintroduction of CW. When/if they decide what it should be like;

- After Solaris and comp changes - focus on maps and modes (CW doesn't count as mode?). Changes, improvements;

- 2-day mechcon. Nothing stronger than beer.

- There is no intention to abandon MWO development. MWO is great, it is closest to BT/MW game ever. (that was after a lot of beer)

#42 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostPromessa, on 02 March 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

Volumetric scaling and the inherent shape of the Fafnir's torsos means you want those legs to be as beefy as you can get them. You make those legs slimmer, you're gonna get torsoed that much easier.

Still going to be the easiest mech to ST in the game... by far

#43 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the summary notes for those of us who weren't able to watch the whole thing. :)

#44 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

You can hear everything here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234628081

#45 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

nice to hear that they dont give up CW. Its the part of the game who makes the most fun to me.

#46 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

There was plenty of interest in 8v8, the problem is that PGI mentioned it ages ago and then it got buried under the many other announcements and events for so long that many of us just assumed that it had been abandoned. I still believe that QP was / would be better with 8v8 for a number of reasons like better FPS, shorter queue times, more maneuvering and less deathball...etc....

#47 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:33 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 02 March 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

There was plenty of interest in 8v8, the problem is that PGI mentioned it ages ago and then it got buried under the many other announcements and events for so long that many of us just assumed that it had been abandoned. I still believe that QP was / would be better with 8v8 for a number of reasons like better FPS, shorter queue times, more maneuvering and less deathball...etc....

it's not that there wasn't support for it. just that there wasn't ENOUGH support, for it, Ed.

I for one am fine with 12v12, specially as we have solaris incoming for speedy matches anyways. might actually weed out the guys who like doing their own thing from team playmodes.

Edited by Arkhangel, 02 March 2018 - 11:34 PM.

#48 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 March 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Last but not least: Cone of fire in any way, shape, or form. By any means necessary or possible. If we can have a proper cone of fire, where shots aren't pinpoint accurate, all other settings can be returned to TableTop values without being overpowered, because the hits will be somewhat randomized.

If cone of fire for things like lasers, PPCs & ballistics is a wider spread than what we have now with skill-quirked LBX, then I'd probably just give up on MWO and play BT instead, as there would be no point to a FPS if all types of fire are randomized. If they really want to increase TTK, then increase torso twist speed by a huge factor.

#49 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

From some of the comments in this thread it seems that there are hopes for the Fafnir being slender with slim hitboxes.
Maybe you should accept that a 100ton mech built around the heaviest, bulkiest weapon systems available in Battletech might be suboptimal in terms of avoiding enemy fire due to his silhouette. If you have a problem being shot and hit... the light queue is this way.
I do believe Assaults are in a bad place right now, but I dont think the solution is to shrink them down.

#50 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:57 AM

No any plan for mass bugfix and UI improvement?

#51 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:01 AM

Didn't I hear him say something about scaling later in the year?

#52 X Player

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 02 March 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Last but not least: Cone of fire in any way, shape, or form. By any means necessary or possible. If we can have a proper cone of fire, where shots aren't pinpoint accurate, all other settings can be returned to TableTop values without being overpowered, because the hits will be somewhat randomized.

I don't think that all weapons fire should be randomized. There should be an aiming penalty for shooting while moving with faster movement getting a bigger aiming penalty, while staying still and aiming at a specific spot for a few seconds should be rewarded with pinpoint accuracy. This would slow down the game considerably. The defending position wouldn't be overpowered because aiming at a moving target would result in a penalty just as much as firing while moving. Focus fire would still be effective but no longer insta-core out a Mech.

Edited by X Player, 03 March 2018 - 05:11 AM.

#53 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:23 AM

View PostGarran Tana, on 02 March 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

You can hear everything here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/234628081

Thanks!!

#54 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostDran Dragore, on 02 March 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

nice to hear that they dont give up CW. Its the part of the game who makes the most fun to me.

Sure he said that, but then he said he is shutting it down for 2 to 4 weeks. Does that really show confidence?

#55 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:05 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 03 March 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

Sure he said that, but then he said he is shutting it down for 2 to 4 weeks. Does that really show confidence?

wait, what..?! Posted Image

Faction (or to be precise: the nice crowd of people there :)) is -the- reason for me to still play this game at all, and I guess (quite sure) I'm not alone on that.
2-4 weeks of QP-hell and I'm out. at least for that time.

did he mention any good reason for the downtime?

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 03 March 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#56 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 01 March 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

That model looks kind of awful. How the heck did this original artwork morph into something that's 75% legs??

Posted Image

Artificially increasing its height from a mech less than 12 meters in height to something more "Dire Wolf" sized.
Despite BT's Dire Wolf being 12.3 meters tall (and that goes to the highest non-antennae point)... MWO's is well above the 16 meter line, at or above the 16.5 meter line .

#57 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

The reason given for the downtime is to really push and help the release of Solaris 7. It's their main focus right now, so much so that they're adding it to the game's logo.

I made my feelings clear in the stream's chat, and I don't care to get banned by repeating it here.

#58 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 02 March 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

It's not supposed to be a giant stereo or totem mech for Clan Owl.

Posted Image

Not to worry though, it is an Inner Sphere mech so they will come up with something.

#59 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

Does anyone know if a transcript has been posted yet? I'm dealing with work related stuff today and don't have time to watch the vid.

Edit: Never mind, I found a German one and used Google Translate! :)

Edited by Nightmare1, 03 March 2018 - 06:50 AM.

#60 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

View PostBonfor, on 02 March 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

If cone of fire for things like lasers, PPCs & ballistics is a wider spread than what we have now with skill-quirked LBX, then I'd probably just give up on MWO and play BT instead, as there would be no point to a FPS if all types of fire are randomized. If they really want to increase TTK, then increase torso twist speed by a huge factor.

You can't just pin it on torso twist... due to lag, slow graphics, any number of other factors, you can easily ger pinpointed before you realized you are getting shot...

...and thats for the people that KNOW how to twist...

My thought is that its almost a "focus" thing where if you can keep your reticle fixed on the same point long enough for convergence, you'll get pintpoint. In other words you have a cone, but it can get smaller if you have a steady, patient hand. It would increase difficulty of poptarting w/o killing it, it would create risk/reward scenarios for quality shots. It would make long range pinpoint harder without necessarily penalizing brawling.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users