#21 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 15 March 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Yup I'm old but definitely not a coward.
I prefer to think of it as smart tactical playing.
But hey whatever.
Posted Image

A match score of 73... you are such a team player.

#22 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

View PostSamial, on 15 March 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

That's a very old screenshot, double digit match scores were not unusually bad then.

#23 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:30 PM

Sarcasm, irony, humour..... lost arts I feel.

Besides, given the pot o gold event where you are only allowed to drive one handed (no feet) isn't this the best option?
I mean, dropping in 100 lrms on a target at 900m, common. You haven't lived until you have 'flushed' your opponent.

#24 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:18 AM

View PostSamial, on 15 March 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Old match score formula; note how the player that scored 1140 damage only got 150 matchscore.

#25 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 15 March 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

That's a very old screenshot, double digit match scores were not unusually bad then.

View PostZergling, on 16 March 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

Old match score formula; note how the player that scored 1140 damage only got 150 matchscore.

Fair enough strange they post such an old screenshot out of date to prove a point but ok.

Edited by Samial, 16 March 2018 - 12:28 AM.

#26 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:31 AM

View PostSamial, on 16 March 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Fair enough strange they post such an old screenshot out of date to prove a point but ok.

I think I still got screenshots from 2015, so I'm not surprised people hang on to similarly old or older screenshots.

Edited by Zergling, 16 March 2018 - 12:32 AM.

#27 EnochsBook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

View PostZergling, on 16 March 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

I think I still got screenshots from 2015, so I'm not surprised people hang on to similarly old or older screenshots.

Having screenshots from a while ago is one thing, posting one in order to try to show off one's skill can seem a bit strange, especially when said screenshot shows a game with 440 damage, which is far from bad but also not particularly impressive.

Edited by EnochsBook, 16 March 2018 - 12:52 AM.

#28 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:29 AM

A LRM based event sounds fun.. Since we had laser and MG events, it's not that far fetched..

NARC and TAG included, naturally, and a bunch of LRM damage needed..

Would be fun..

#29 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:26 AM

I fully support this. An event like this would be ridiculous. The amount of missiles and AMS would be hilarious to watch.

Plus the salt. LOTS of salt. Which is good... All my missiles are fueled by the tears of LRM haters. Good Times.

#30 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:29 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 March 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

You should really switch your national allegience to Liao. They use missiles far more than Davion.

Davion's are huge fans of LRMs. One of their 'national' lights is an LRM mech, many of their faction variants use them, and they create both of the 'advanced' (And useless) LRM systems. They even swap them into they're favorite mechs inplace of autocannons sometimes.

#31 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:58 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 15 March 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

................Posted Image

It would be a nascar event like the rest of them.

#32 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

What are Davions known for? Their autocannon fetish. Don't say that the use of the Valkyrie makes Davion lurm lovers. The Confederation during the succession wars had the highest concentration of Catapults of the houses. Also they were big into mine fields which are generally deployed and cleared with missiles.

#33 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

ughhhh lurms.............Posted Image

#34 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 16 March 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

What are Davions known for? Their autocannon fetish. Don't say that the use of the Valkyrie makes Davion lurm lovers. The Confederation during the succession wars had the highest concentration of Catapults of the houses. Also they were big into mine fields which are generally deployed and cleared with missiles.

So the Valkerye, a mech the Davions actually produce, doesn't count, but the Catapult, a mech the Capallens kinda just have, does? That's not very compelling, especially given the Davion propensity for designing and using LRM systems.

EDIT:. The Dervish is another example of a Davion LRM mech (Originally a Lyran mech, but the Davions are the only ones building them now), and they even put LRMs on arguably their favorite 'dakka Mech' the Jagermech.

Edited by Bombast, 16 March 2018 - 08:16 AM.

#35 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:00 AM

View Postevilauthor, on 15 March 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

How would an LRM event even be done? Just "Do X amount of damage with LRMs"? That doesn't seem to be enough.

How about a challenge? "Get X number of kills with LRMs." NOT KMDDs; that's too easy as the current event shows. You have to actually land the killing blow with LRMs for it to count.

Oooh, ooh, and who says LRMs have to have all the fun? "Shoot down X number of LRMs with AMS and/or LAMS."

As much as I eschew LRMs these days in favor of more reliable and effective weaponry, this would actually be fun, I think. You'd end up with most of each team equipped with LRMs/ATMs and AMS/LAMS.

Those triple AMS Kit Foxes would excel. I'd probably just bring a Summoner.

#36 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 March 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

You should really switch your national allegience to Liao. They use missiles far more than Davion.

Huh... I thought Marik was the one, Liao as far as I know, use alot of large lasers...

#37 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostTordin, on 16 March 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

Huh... I thought Marik was the one, Liao as far as I know, use alot of large lasers...

Liao is fond of specialty munitions, so Thunder LRMs do happen. Marik is definitely the LRM kings, though, especially NARC or TAG-guided versions.

#38 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

What would happen on dedicated LRM is anyone who is not farming LRMs would be in a nova, kitfox or a PIR-A (i think) and would just steam roll whatever side had the most spuds. The amount of salt would be glorious and I would play LRMlands that entire event just to see the ****blocking of that many LRM's.

#39 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

View Postroekenny, on 16 March 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

What would happen on dedicated LRM is anyone who is not farming LRMs would be in a nova, kitfox or a PIR-A (i think) and would just steam roll whatever side had the most spuds. The amount of salt would be glorious and I would play LRMlands that entire event just to see the ****blocking of that many LRM's.

It'd finally show how horrible LRMs are in the face of any real general use of AMS, too.

I'd love it.

#40 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

@OP That is because the state of California has deemed LRM's to cause cancer.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users