And Still No Lrm Event.

72 replies to this topic

#41 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

View PostGrus, on 16 March 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

@OP That is because the state of California has deemed LRM's to cause cancer.....

None of that. We have enough topics generating salt on that issue we don't need another!

#42 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

Jeebus people it's just for funPosted Image
But I heard PGI has just banned "FUN."

#43 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostEnochsBook, on 16 March 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

Having screenshots from a while ago is one thing, posting one in order to try to show off one's skill can seem a bit strange, especially when said screenshot shows a game with 440 damage, which is far from bad but also not particularly impressive.

It's 7 kills though; I got Ace of Spades with only around 600-700 damage, so it's the sort of screenshot people tend to save.

Although fair point about using that screenshot to show off skill; it more shows luck in getting kill shots than anything else, no offence to Novakaine.

Edited by Zergling, 16 March 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#44 EnochsBook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostZergling, on 16 March 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

It's 7 kills though; I got Ace of Spades with only around 600-700 damage, so it's the sort of screenshot people tend to save.

Although fair point about using that screenshot to show off skill; it more shows luck in getting kill shots than anything else, no offence to Novakaine.
My bad, I thought Ace of Spades was 8 kills or more.

#45 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

View PostEnochsBook, on 16 March 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

My bad, I thought Ace of Spades was 8 kills or more.

It is, but someone that hasn't gotten Ace of Spades would be saving screenshots of near success at it. I know I was; I recall a couple 7 kill battles before I finally got it.

Edited by Zergling, 16 March 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#46 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

It's not bragging I'm far to old for that crap.
It's to illustrate that lrms can extremely effective if employed properly.
Even though PGI has done everything it can to infuse the "suck factor" into them.

#47 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

LRMs play an important role in MWO. They give players who can't aim, who can't spread enough damage to survive near the actual battle, or whose dexterity is delivered by their lower limbs a way to feel like they are participating in a battle.

2018 is shaping up to be a year inclusion. Accepting LRM players is one way we can all make a positive contribution to this societal trend.

Edited by Appogee, 16 March 2018 - 04:42 PM.

#48 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 16 March 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Even though PGI has done everything it can to infuse the "suck factor" into them.

We've just killed off
https://mwomercs.com...are-good-again/
https://mwomercs.com...nd-frustration/
https://mwomercs.com...-dont-use-them/
https://mwomercs.com...skill-counters/
can we have one LRM thread what don't get hijacked to beat the dead horse please.

#49 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:59 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 16 March 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Of course, LRMs are now even less effective than when we were just starting Clantech (when that game was), meaning even getting those secured kills are tougher than before because every shot now puts even fewer missiles where they'd actually kill anything, versus sanding off around the edges.

Which is a shame. The frog is well and truly getting boiled on this one.

View Postroekenny, on 16 March 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

We've just killed off
https://mwomercs.com...are-good-again/
https://mwomercs.com...nd-frustration/
https://mwomercs.com...-dont-use-them/
https://mwomercs.com...skill-counters/
can we have one LRM thread what don't get hijacked to beat the dead horse please.

Sure. When PGI stops making LRMs so sucktacular.

#50 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 16 March 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

Of course, LRMs are now even less effective than when we were just starting Clantech (when that game was), meaning even getting those secured kills are tougher than before because every shot now puts even fewer missiles where they'd actually kill anything, versus sanding off around the edges.

Which is a shame. The frog is well and truly getting boiled on this one.

Sure. When PGI stops making LRMs so sucktacular.

and that will happen when PUB's learn "common sense" but we all know that is lost tech and a foolish endeavor. I gave up trying the teach that since trying to get engineers on tf2 to stop building sentry's together by repeatedly blowing them up from the same location with every load out/ class in that game and announcing in local what I'm going to do how I'm going to do it and how to prevent it and yet they still kept rebuilding in the same spot over and over again.

How you can expect people learn to get to cover and dodge when you see them coming or LRM boats more afraid of you then the other way round so get close and say hello is just crazy talk and will not stand for it.

Edited by roekenny, 16 March 2018 - 05:40 PM.

#51 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

View PostAppogee, on 16 March 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

LRMs play an important role in MWO. They give players who can't aim, who can't spread enough damage to survive near the actual battle, or whose dexterity is delivered by their lower limbs a way to feel like they are participating in a battle.

2018 is shaping up to be a year inclusion. Accepting LRM players is one way we can all make a positive contribution to this societal trend.
This, BY FAR, is the best answer.

It reminds me of that old joke: Why was line dancing invented? So even ugly people could get up and dance without their own partner...

#52 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

You know what. I dont even want lrms anymore. I want cluster bombs... https://youtu.be/5Q0Ulciz6fE

#53 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

If only November if only.

#54 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 16 March 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

You know what. I dont even want lrms anymore. I want cluster bombs... https://youtu.be/5Q0Ulciz6fE

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cluster_Bomb

Basically what airstrikes use in MWO.

Closest we get for our robots would be artillery cannons or AIV. Good luck on that... :(

#55 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:48 PM

Cluster Bombs, like Arrow IV's ! Woo-Hoo ! I'm for that and Thunderbolts. And, LRM's ain't dead, they're "mostly dead" cause I just used them and streaks to get the 100 loot bags and they did pretty good for being nerf'd into obsecurity and obsolessence.

Several 600+ games. Not many kills though.......the Streaks did that pretty well.

#56 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:03 PM

View PostAsym, on 17 March 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

Cluster Bombs, like Arrow IV's ! Woo-Hoo ! I'm for that and Thunderbolts. And, LRM's ain't dead, they're "mostly dead" cause I just used them and streaks to get the 100 loot bags and they did pretty good for being nerf'd into obsecurity and obsolessence.

Several 600+ games. Not many kills though.......the Streaks did that pretty well.

Of course. Damage equals matchscore, so firing spread damage as inefficiently as possible will both pad damage and matchscore easily at the cost of, y'know, actually killing something quickly.

ATMs > both. :)

#57 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:45 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 17 March 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

Of course. Damage equals matchscore, so firing spread damage as inefficiently as possible will both pad damage and matchscore easily at the cost of, y'know, actually killing something quickly.

ATMs > both. Posted Image

Thunderbolts... single missiles that do up to 20 damage per strike to a single location.

Completely countered by AMS by lore. Posted Image

#58 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:20 AM

When it comes to events I'll bring out the k2 with dual 10s and 4 mls. Lrms only work if you get the smart monkeys that know how to use the R key. Even with a lrm heavy team on polar lrmlands you'll get wrecked by laser and guass vomit. Bap,tag all the extra upgrades and dead weight of equipment for IS just to do some damage on a few matches vs using laser/acs and getting kills per match.

Maybe when I get bored of the pugs' cow heard mentality i'll bring out a troll raven 3l with stealth armor and a lrm 15 with small lasers creeping around in a 200xl and lrm randomly.

#59 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostBombast, on 18 March 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Thunderbolts... single missiles that do up to 20 damage per strike to a single location.

Completely countered by AMS by lore. Posted Image

They come in sizes of 5, 10, 15 and 20.

And AMS only has a 50% chance of shooting the missile down. Which is still incredibly effective by AMS standards in TT, but it doesn't totally render them ineffective.

Edited by Zergling, 18 March 2018 - 08:22 AM.

#60 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

lol I might log on for a LRM event just for the novelty and the tears ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users